PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

[3.8] 🔥🔥🔥 Burning Army🔥🔥🔥 Ice / Carrion Golems, Infernal Legion -support, Specters, Animate Guardian

¨

NEWS AFTER 3.8.0

VIDEO ABOUT SHAPER FIGHT WITH W.I.P SETUP OF THE BUILD

https://youtu.be/uHjk15ZjvYE?t=72

ADDED SECOND FIGHT WITH SHAPER USING W.I.P MORE OPTIMIZED VERSION OF THE BUILD

https://youtu.be/s5IOUM2M-So?t=63

This is placeholder for burning minions build that will hopefully be born when we get more info about the league. It will use new “Carrion Golem” with “Infernal Legion support” and aims to turn all minions into fully fire based ones with 100% fire damage on attacks as well as damaging aura from the “Infernal Legion support”. It will convert all minion physical damage to 100% fire damage with new unique gloves form the 3.8.0.

I will base this build on my "Necromancer with Ice Golem + Tukohama Vanguard -Specters + Animate Guardian" as the build is already working excellently, and has fast boss kills and clear speed. New gloves will make Ice Golems hopefully even better as they will get 100% benefit from
- "Elemental Equilibrium" (-50% Fire Resistance),
- "Flammability" -curse (-45% Fire Resistance),
- "Exposure" debuff from Tukohama Vanguards (-25% Fire Resistance),
- "Combustion" debuff from Animate Guardian (-20% Fire Resistance),
- "-8% Fire resistance to nearby enemies" debuff from Animate Guardian (-8% Fire Resistance).
Total : -148% fire resistance

100% Convertion from physical to Fire also let's Ice Golems to finally clear reflective maps. Before Ice Golems dealt 100% physical damage to enemy and the damage was reflected back to them with 0% armor. This resulted in 100% reflected damage and instantly dead Ice Golems. Now with conversion Ice Golems deal 100% fire damage to enemy. Fire resistance soaks up 75% of the damage and only 25% gets reflected back, which results in Golems staying alive.

I hope that I can swap Ice Golems for new "Carrion Golems" and add “Infernal Legion support” for at least Animate Guardian and maybe also Golems and Specs. This however needs more minion life regen in skill-tree and swapping shield for "Rise of the Phoenix" to overcap minions fire resistance for them to take less damage from “Infernal Legion support”s selfburn.

Here's video about "Necromancer with Ice Golem + Tukohama Vanguard -Specters + Animate Guardian" in it's current form.

https://youtu.be/fi8-FEaZTvI

MAIN POINTS

- All minions can have fire damage aura from the “Infernal Legion support”
- All minions will deal 100% fire damage converted form physical damage
- “Infernal Legion support” causes minion to take damage over time as fire damage, so lot of mechanics tries to let minions outregen the damage
- All fire resistance debuffs on enemies will double dip as both minions attacks and AOE damage are fire
- Tries to stack as many fire resistance debuffs on enemies as possible

MINIONS

Ice / Carrion Golems

Socketed : Armour
Ice / Carrion Golem → Multi-strike → Elemental Damage with attacks → Concentrated effect → Minion damage → Physical damage / Elemental Focus

I will use Ice Golems as template as they work fur sure and we have their stats already. Hopefully I can straight replace them with "Carrion Golems" when league comes out.

Carrion Golems will add physical damage to other minions, which will them be converted to fire damage using new unique gloves.

Spectres

Socketed : Helmet
Raise Specter → Minion damage (From helmet) → Minion life (From helmet) → Burning damage (From helmet) → Elemental Focus → Multiple Totems → Minion Elemental Resistance support / Infernal Legion

Tukohama Vanguards are excellent Specs in dealing heavy burn damage while their totems, and also debuff enemies with -25% fire res while reaching maximum burn stack. Infernal Legion lets even then Spec themselves now burn enemies around them.

Animate Guardian

Socketed : Off-hand
Animate Guardian → Combustion → (Infernal Legion)

Animate Guardian is excellent at debuffing enemies and can also burn them while using Infernal Legion. Animate Guardian can equip lots of payers items, so here’s list of about what to equip on it. Animate Guardian will have 100% fire damage after conversion from gloves, so it can apply -20% fire resistance debuff with “Combustion” which will benefit other minions.

Helmet → “-8% fire resistance on nearby enemies” helmet

Armor → “Gruthkul's Pelt” for 5% HP regen per sec

Gloves → “Southbound” for more life

Boots → “Victario’s charity” for movement aura

Weapon → “Dying breath” to buff curses and other minions damage

ITEMS

Main-hand

“Clayshaper” for extra Golem.

Offhand

"Victario's Charity" to generate power and frenzy charges for minions with "Necromantic Aegis". Charges give massive critical and speed bonuses to compared to normal players resulting in much higher damage and clear-speed.

“Rise of the phoenix” to raise minions fire resistance with “Necromantic Aegis” and let them take less damage from “Infernal Legion”s selfburn. This will hopefully replace the "Victario's Charity" in final build if “Infernal Legion” seems viable to use.

Helmet

Rare Energy Shield based helmet with “Minion damage support”, “Minion life support” and “Burning damage support” for Tukohama Vanguard Specters.

Armor

“Skin of the Loyal” for “+1 level of socketed gems” and Energy Shield. "Vis Mortis" if you have legacy one in standard.

Gloves

New unique gloves in 3.8, which can turn 100% of minions physical damage to fire damage. Lets minions get double benefit from “Elemental Equilibrium” as both their normal attacks and burn AOE damage aura are fire based. New gloves should also convert physical damage added by “Carrion Golem” on other minions to fire as well.

Boots

Rare boots with “+1 Specters gem level” line, movement speed, Energy Shield and resistances.

Belt

Crystal belt or Abyssal Vise for Energy Shield, resistances and maybe utility jewel.

Amulet

“Chayula’s Presence” for Energy Shield and stun immunity.

Rings

Unset, rare rings with minion movement speed and one with “Grants level 20 Aspect of Spider” line.

Jewels

- Anima Stone
- Primordial Might
- 7-8x Primordial Harmony

SKILLS

Winter Orb → Cast while Channeling → Flesh Offering

Socketed : Main-hand
Trigger “Elemental Equilibrium” for -50% fire resistance debuff and also boosts minions speed with Offering.

Temporal Chains → Flammability → Blasphemy → Enlighten

Socketed : Boots
Temporal Chains slows enemies down and make debuffs and ignites last longer on enemies, while Flammability lowers their fire resistance and boosts damage they take. It also increases "Combustion" support gems chance to ignite enemy and add -20% fire resistance debuff.

Cast On Damage Taken → Immortal Call → Increased Duration

Socketed : Gloves
Lets you take less damage for a moment after you have taken some damage.

Discipline

Socketed : Off-hand
Adds Energy Shield.

Leap-slam

Socketed : Gloves
Movement skill that lets you move over ledge.

Aspect of Spider

Slows enemies down while also increasing damage they take.

Cast when Damage Taken → Convocation → Storm Brand (Optional)

Teleports minions near you when you take damage and also triggers “Elemental Equilibrium” with Storm Brand.

Phase Run → Increased Duration (Optional)

Great movement skill that also lowers your aggro form enemies.

SKILLTREE

Path of Building

Physical -> Fire damage conversion -variant

https://pastebin.com/v5fFgRc9

Infernal Legion -variant

*In development*

Old and tested Ice Golems -variant

https://pob.party/share/matasiamohuinn

Works as fallback.

All feedback is welcome as this is just developing idea.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Sep 9, 2019, 6:55:03 PM
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2019, 1:34:32 PM
Reserved
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 24, 2019, 3:21:10 AM
it does say on the infernal legion gem that it takes a large amount of max life per second. So unless u got alot of life regen for ur minions (mostly ur AG) they will be dying alot and by the looks of it ur not leaving urself with much mana to keep casting everything as it dies. The amount of mana its going to cost to summon ur golem is quite a bit as well.
"
Tank90 wrote:
it does say on the infernal legion gem that it takes a large amount of max life per second. So unless u got alot of life regen for ur minions (mostly ur AG) they will be dying alot and by the looks of it ur not leaving urself with much mana to keep casting everything as it dies. The amount of mana its going to cost to summon ur golem is quite a bit as well.

Hey :)

Excellent point. I switched Animage Guardians armor to Gruthkul's Pelt for 5% extra regen. I also took 3% more regen per sec for minion in skill-tree.

If regen is not enough, good ways to increase minions survival against the life loss is to either run more regen (Shaper seed, Vitality) or give them more fire resistance (Purity of fire). If these are needed, remains to be seen until we know how much damage they take per sec.

Good thing is that Golems can regen ridiculous amount of HP per sec thanks to all Harmonies and Tukohama Vanguard Specs are extremely tanky to begin with. Animate Guardian can also get lot of refen form gear. Zombies are weakest of the minions as they have pretty low life-total, but maybe over-capping fire resistance and stacking regen is enough to keep them alive.

All minions should stay alive permanently while life-loss from aura is active, so they should work as walking "Righteous Fire" -totems.

I can also drop "Dying Breath" from Animate Guardian and equip "Rise of the Phoenix" for it. This results on 10% fire res max total from Necro Aegis one and it's own shield.
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 23, 2019, 7:36:32 PM
I was thinking too of using the new gem, but just on animate guardian.
Since we still don't know what tipe of changes the ascendecy will have.
I would like to point the fact that zombies without the new "aggressive gem" are gonna be like now, usless, so you gonna have a bunch of walking campfire dying near you doing almost nothing.

Are you shure combustion gonna work? because i'm not so shure can trigger with AG autoattack.

If infernal legion will have spell tag Gruthkul's Pelt it's not viable choice
"
kenzorulez wrote:
I was thinking too of using the new gem, but just on animate guardian.
Since we still don't know what tipe of changes the ascendecy will have.
I would like to point the fact that zombies without the new "aggressive gem" are gonna be like now, usless, so you gonna have a bunch of walking campfire dying near you doing almost nothing.

Are you shure combustion gonna work? because i'm not so shure can trigger with AG autoattack.

If infernal legion will have spell tag Gruthkul's Pelt it's not viable choice

Great points also, Zombies really seem to be the weakest link. I decided to focus only on the strongest elements of the build for now, and based it on my already working "Ice Golem -Necromancer".

Build now has working PoB, already strong base skills and Ice Golems / Carrion Golems should get massive DPS buff from 100% phys -> fire conversion. I calculated quickly that enemies will have -148% fire resistance after all debuffs. Ice Golems can already kill endgame bosses in seconds, and after all multipliers from the debuffs the fight should be really, really short.

I'm 95% sure about Animate Guardian and Combustion works. Animate Guardian will do 100% fire damage after glove conversion. Gloves add 5% chance to ignite and any critical will ignite automatically. Flammability should help Animate Guardian to get the ignite through fast.

Also the Animate Guardian does not directly use any spells itself, so it should not matter for Infernal Legion. Infernal Legion is support that affects Animate Guardian just like Fortify grants Animate Guardian Fortify ability, but without Animate Guardian using it as skill or spell.
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 24, 2019, 4:31:50 AM
I wonder if Liege of primordial will make golems immune to Infernal legion dmg since it says immune to elemental damage.

Still you can stack Primordial harmony for regen on golems
Last edited by MaxHax2 on Aug 29, 2019, 5:13:12 AM
"
MaxHax2 wrote:
I wonder if Liege of primordial will make golems immune to Infernal legion dmg since it says immune to elemental damage.

Still you can stack Primordial harmony for regen on golems

I'm 90% sure that Elementalists (elemental) Golems will be immune to the Infernal legion damage. This can be :

1) Important

If the damage taken is big and damage static with gem level, Elementalist will gain free damage as they don't have to change any gear / gems to keep Golems alive with the lifeloss.

2) Insignificant

As Elementalists already stack huge amount of Harmonies, resulting in almost 20% regen per second. The life loss has to be huge to kill Golems faster than that.

3) Bad

Is damage dealt is tied to damage taken per sec or something like that. As Golems are immune, they take 0 damage and also deal 0 damage around them.

I myself believe in 2) as Golems already tend to have massive regen thanks to Harmonies. about 10% loss per second sounds reasonable and damage tied to level of the gem. This is why using Necromancer should be as viable, as the Golems should be able to outregen the damage taken even with just capping Fire res, Harmonies + skill tree regen nodes.

Harmonies are stacked for the damage bonus and cooldown reduction. With Charges from Victarios Charity, Golems can spam orbs quite fast and need lot of cooldown reduction to be able to cast new orbs when old casting animation stops.

I will adjust the number is jewels / items / regen from tree when more data comes out, but it's better to go slightly over at the beginning.

PS. Carrion Golems won't be immune to elemental damage with Elementalist as they are not Elemental Golems. I hope to use them instead of Ice Golems, so it should be beneficial to stack Harmonies.
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 29, 2019, 8:56:53 AM
u forgot scoring ray for 25% fire expose
my build :

[3.8] ice golem 7m+ UE dps - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2615681/page/1#p22292507

[3.8] ZOMBIE AND THE BOIS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628455/page/1#p22347490
"
meomeomeo1991 wrote:
u forgot scoring ray for 25% fire expose

Hi :)

Good point! However I'm not 100% sure if it's worth it :

1) Tukohama Vanguards apply "Exposure" now, and I'm not sure if it stacks with exposure form manual cast Scorching Ray

2) I would have to replace "Winter Orb" from "Flesh Offering" links with Scorching Ray, and I would lose Elemental Equilibrium. Lightning / cold damage cannot be added to manual cast SR as it doesn't hit, so other skill would have to be used to apply EE. I could always use SR in unset ring as different skill just for exposure, but I try to keep self cast skills at minimum.

I could also upgrade Animate Guardians helmet for "Crown of the Tyrant" for -2% more debuff, but it costs 1 exalt and I'm not sure if upgrade is worth 10x price of similar -8% fire res debuff helmet.
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 29, 2019, 10:50:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info