[3.11]QUEEN OF NECROMANCY - STRONGEST ZOMBIES EVER? 55M+ DPS 7K+ LIFE MAX BLOCK 90% CHAOS RES

"
Aldonés wrote:
@WulfKnight13
"
WulfKnightz13 wrote:
you know threads of fate creates for some big possibilities in the tree. not sure the ideal pathing with the extra points you gain but a very large threads goes pretty far even goes all the way to grave intentions.

Just keep in mind the effective range is rather narrow. If you go further out, you cannot access closer nodes and Vice versa.
@supafiya1989
"
supafiya1989 wrote:
can someone please help me with my gem setup? I don't know what to do best.. I don't need purity of elements so is there something better? what would you guys do?

thx.

Also, I only have enlighten in there right now so I can level it. it serves no other purpose.

Flesh & Stone and Maim only stack if they are linked, otherwise only the more powerful of the two are in effect. You can also level gems in your weapon swap. All gems receive 100% exp regardless of where they are socketed or how many. For Enlighten, Empower, and Enhance it can be even more beneficial to level in your weapon swap if you have a socketed gems have % quality mod.

If all your doing is looking to drop PoE, both Discipline and Skitterbots make very easy swaps for the same mana reservation. Otherwise what you do is dependent on how much reservation you can afford.

I also find Flame Dash much more beneficial than a Leap Slam.

Unset rings are more expensive, but they can allow for some powerful utility skills to be added.

I already lvl spectre gems in swap.. still looking for lv 21 after 18 gems :( dont wanna pay over 2ex for it so im just gonna get it myself.

so I should get unset ring, I can put convocate in that then i guess I'd need a lvl 4 enlighten and +1 gem shaper touch to make that work with skitterbots.

I tried flame dash but I prefer leap slam. it might just be me, but it seems like leap slap moves me instantly (when I press the button, the action happens right away) as with flame dash, there seems to be some kind of small delay. meh.
"
WOLARSTEAM wrote:
I have 2 questions:
1) I cannot see the benefits of using Infused channeling; what is exactly a gem type? (Int-Dex-Str), (Fire-Ice-Light-Chaos-Phys), (attack-spell)? Cyclone is "Attack, AoE, Movement, Channeling, Physical, Melee". Do I get 8% reduction to skills with any of those tags? Qlida said it would reduce spell damage as it is tagged on other support spells, but I understand it only refers to the channeled skill.

2) Would be worth to sacrifice a ring to use The hungry loop for skeletons? I am thinking of Feeding frenzy/ Minion damage/ Multistrike/ Phys damage on it, so I can have a directly located minion with agressive stance while keeping zombies with Meat shield.

1) Tooltip on the gem is a bit misleading/confusing. There's only 5 damage types: physical, fire, cold, lightning and chaos. Cyclone have physical gem tag, so you'll have 8% less physical damage taken from hits while channeling (doesn't matter from spells or attacks). I don't know why GGG did not include it in the infusion buff, so as soon as you stop cycloning (you pick up something, or use a movement skill or just stop for some other reason), the damage mitigation is gone, so I personally don't think that this gem makes a big difference for the survivability.

2) I can't see you character, so I can't say much here, but you can use it for skeletons, but your zombies will be weaker and skeletons not that useful anyway, so I don't like this option.
Last edited by DocRoberts on Jan 21, 2020, 4:48:07 PM
"
DocRoberts wrote:
"
The only time I've seen my AG hp drop was during the acid pools boss fight, and even then it didnt drop significantly. No noticable HP drops after the Sirus nerf as well.

If you meant Acid Caverns map, then I recommend to unsummon AG on this map (or even do not run this map at all). There is one specific warband (Morgrants).

Info from the wiki:
Spoiler
Morgrants uses a monster-only variant of Spectral Throw that triggers Storm Call, Flame Call and Frost Call at random on every single hit. Since Spectral Throw can hit multiple targets and the trigger has no cooldown, Morgrants can proc hundreds of Calls a second against minions. If the map has additional projectiles and the player uses Vaal Summon Skeletons, Morgrants' DPS may potentially reach the billions.

So he can just annihilate your whole army with the AG, this map is very dangerous to run for necro builds.

Sry meant Acid Caverns, i found that its relatively safe to run laps - cyclone straight through it and run away, resummon any dead zombies and repeat, boss will die after a few laps.
@sabermetrics
"
sabermetrics wrote:
"
Qlidascope wrote:
Hey guys, sorry for the not being active the last couple days, haven't been around the computer much. However i think i came up with the endgame setup for 3.9 and i'd like your opinion on it.

https://pastebin.com/BEi71ccm

The DPS seems very high, almost 3.8 levels at this point which would be quite insane to reach again. As always all criticism is appreciated! :D

Also i ended up crafting this bad boy the other day, and thought i had to share cause we like cool items :D

Hi Qlida, I'm actually currently using the brunowa build atm but I'm heavily considering swapping over to yours due to not being able to fit any chaos res with my build. (The purity of elements + watcher's eye looks extremely tempting)

I know I'm going to lose DPS since I'll be dropping the victario's influence and Pride (going with Haste) + Hatred. But going through your new pastebin, is there any other way to fit all 5 auras in without using the % mana reserved jewels? Annointing Charisma is an option and reworking the tree a bit, but your setup may be a bit difficult for myself and others to achieve.

Also, would you swap feeding frenzy back in for mapping and use minion damage for bossing?

EDIT: Also, might it be worthwhile to move the leap slam gem and socket a Precision along with the other auras?

To start, I rarely pull up PoB and don’t actually know what recent changes Qlida made to what you would have looked at, so take anything I say with a grain of salt in case I’m blatantly contradicting his PoB.
- Running Saqawal’s + Aspect of the Avian is probably more beneficial in dps than your current aura setup. The chest makes it so minions get 4x the Aspect buff. I’ve looked into Hatred, and it really doesn’t scale all that well (you probably get ~12% more dps with it depending on whatever else you have going on).
- Many people using this guide anoint Charisma. Personally I prefer to just drop an aura, but I’m cheap.
- Pride / Haste swap is relatively common based on personal preference.
- Do what you want with Feeding Frenzy. I’m still looking into it myself, but I’m finding the aggressive nature unnecessary.
- Precision is 100% useless. Zombies hit accuracy easily without it.
@WOLARSTEAM
"
WOLARSTEAM wrote:
This is my first post ever; thanks for the guide,it has helped me a lot and I am enjoying the build tremendously. I am using now 6L zombies on Femurs and 6L cyclone on rare chest.

Thank for pointing out using a lvl 1 Desecrate to minimize Corpse explosions, I was dieing too often at strongboxes!!

I have 2 questions:
1) I cannot see the benefits of using Infused channeling; what is exactly a gem type? (Int-Dex-Str), (Fire-Ice-Light-Chaos-Phys), (attack-spell)? Cyclone is "Attack, AoE, Movement, Channeling, Physical, Melee". Do I get 8% reduction to skills with any of those tags? Qlida said it would reduce spell damage as it is tagged on other support spells, but I understand it only refers to the channeled skill.

2) Would be worth to sacrifice a ring to use The hungry loop for skeletons? I am thinking of Feeding frenzy/ Minion damage/ Multistrike/ Phys damage on it, so I can have a directly located minion with agressive stance while keeping zombies with Meat shield.

Cyclone + Infused Channeling grants you 8% less physical damage taken from hits. This is a separate multiplier that doesn’t scale with other sources. It doesn’t matter if the damage comes from attack or spell, but it only mitigates hits.

Some people have brought up your Skelly question. It’s feasable, but at a certain point minions start body blocking each other and merely adding more bodies serves no purpose. We already reach that point on most bosses. Also, skellies are already aggressive and have a larger agro range tan FF provides; that’s why they get the dash.
@supafiya1989
"
supafiya1989 wrote:
I already lvl spectre gems in swap.. still looking for lv 21 after 18 gems :( dont wanna pay over 2ex for it so im just gonna get it myself.

so I should get unset ring, I can put convocate in that then i guess I'd need a lvl 4 enlighten and +1 gem shaper touch to make that work with skitterbots.

I tried flame dash but I prefer leap slam. it might just be me, but it seems like leap slap moves me instantly (when I press the button, the action happens right away) as with flame dash, there seems to be some kind of small delay. meh.

Both LS and FD have a hidden 0 cast/windup time if the skill hasn’t been used recently (cooldown based on relative attack/cast speed). The difference is LS still has an animation afterward. LS can also be chained much more effectively because we scale attack speed much more than cast speed and doesn’t have a CD. The base attack for LS is .55 seconds (windup) + 1.4 seconds (leap) vs .70 seconds of FD. Weapon attack speed modifiers only applies to the 1.4 second portion, but all other sources apply to everything for LS. I’m also only about 50% sure the 1.4s is separate from the .55s (might be .55 and .85)
is it possible, something is wrong with PoB or just with my thoughts?

to explain: I just put out feeding frenzy out of the zombies, put minion damage in - so far okay... then I linked FF with carrion golem (for example) and although the "Ff active?" is activated, no increase in damage.

or am I completely wrong... but as I understood, FF gives a all-minion-buff :/
"
Zedforce666 wrote:

to explain: I just put out feeding frenzy out of the zombies, put minion damage in - so far okay... then I linked FF with carrion golem (for example) and although the "Ff active?" is activated, no increase in damage.

You have to go into the configuration settings and select FF as active. The settings in PoB are wrong though and give 15% attack/cast speed rather than 10%. You’re better off manually adding it something in order to get an accurate result. I’m pretty sure to select it you will also have to have a minion selected off to the left.
Last edited by Aldonés on Jan 21, 2020, 4:42:59 PM
"
Aldonés wrote:
"
Zedforce666 wrote:

You have to go into the configuration settings and select FF as active. The settings in PoB are wrong though and give 15% attack/cast speed rather than 10%. You’re better off manually adding it something in order to get an accurate result. I’m pretty sure to select it you will also have to have a minion selected off to the left.

here comes where it's getting weird. if FF is put and linked to carrion golem - the "FF active?" appears in calc., but no change in dps for zombies. BUT - when I deactivate "FF active?", I have less dps of zombies, no matter if I activate or delete the skill itself :/

so in summary: zombie-links with no FF --> adding FF to carrion golem --> no change in dps --> deactivating FF in calc. --> dps loss (less dps as step 1)

but got it - "FF active? button disappears, if you have no skill - but it keeps it's minion buffs. so for accurate calc if you don't use FF overall, you need first to deactivate "FF active?", then remove the gem itself. then the dps calc is correct.

so in this summary: if you plan to change FF for minion dmg for example and have no plans to link it to golem, you'll need to deactivate first "FF active?" in calc before you erase the FF skill.

this seems a bit buggy, and PoB doesn't deactivate itself when you delete the FF skill anywhere - and ya, with wrong % still, it seems. simply add manually to config
Last edited by Zedforce666 on Jan 21, 2020, 6:20:49 PM
"
Aldonés wrote:
"
Any suggestions for a 2nd annointment? I'm planning to grab Ravenous Horde via Thread of Hope, and looking at the right of the tree Survivalist and Written in Blood are my top 2 choices.

I'm probably going to swap out purity of elems with flesh/stone again so I dont need Charisma. Spent all my currency on a tri-resist ring last night which makes capping resists alot easier:

I honestly cant be trusted with currency... spend like crazy once i get it

I think I’d anoint Death Attunement. I’d skip Fearsome Force and connect the tree down lower. You may also want to look into the math behind Influence (14% aura effect) or anything defensive (Written in Blood or Rampart come to mind). I could even see picking up the 6th Endurance Charge. Utmost Intellect might be useful as well. Frankly I haven’t looked into that side much to narrow it down more.

I haven’t tried it in 3.9, but I think with the minion movement speed nerf I would like Enduring Cry much better. Before minions often killed mobs before I could get in range and cry...Heck, with that in mind Battle Cry wouldn’t be too bad but probably not worth it.

I've got Death Attunement already anointed, these are my top choices right now:

1) Survivalist
24% increased evasion rating
+8% all res
+1% max cold res
+3% chance to evade attacks

2) Written in Blood
10% max ES
8% max HP
+10 STR

3) Crystal Skin
+5% all res
15% avoid elem ailments
5% reduced elem dmg taken

Written in blood probably makes the most sense, but the cluster is actually closeby only 2 filler int nodes away.
Last edited by LegendaryMewtwo on Jan 21, 2020, 7:03:05 PM
@ Zedforce666
"
Zedforce666 wrote:
here comes where it's getting weird. if FF is put and linked to carrion golem - the "FF active?" appears in calc., but no change in dps for zombies. BUT - when I deactivate "FF active?", I have less dps of zombies, no matter if I activate or delete the skill itself :/

so in summary: zombie-links with no FF --> adding FF to carrion golem --> no change in dps --> deactivating FF in calc. --> dps loss (less dps as step 1)

but got it - "FF active? button disappears, if you have no skill - but it keeps it's minion buffs. so for accurate calc if you don't use FF overall, you need first to deactivate "FF active?", then remove the gem itself. then the dps calc is correct.

so in this summary: if you plan to change FF for minion dmg for example and have no plans to link it to golem, you'll need to deactivate first "FF active?" in calc before you erase the FF skill.

this seems a bit buggy, and PoB doesn't deactivate itself when you delete the FF skill anywhere - and ya, with wrong % still, it seems. simply add manually to config

Yeah, it does seem a bit off. From what I can tell, activating the gem gives you the buff; activating it in configuration gives your minions the buff. Once activated in configuration you have to deactivate it to drop the settings, even if you deactivate it on yourself (gem). Deactivating the gem will remove the choice to activate/deactivate in settings.
@ LegendaryMewtwoo
"
I've got Death Attunement already anointed, these are my top choices right now:

1) Survivalist
24% increased evasion rating
+8% all res
+1% max cold res
+3% chance to evade attacks

2) Written in Blood
10% max ES
8% max HP
+10 STR

3) Crystal Skin
+5% all res
15% avoid elem ailments
5% reduced elem dmg taken

Written in blood probably makes the most sense, but the cluster is actually closeby only 2 filler int nodes away.

That at least helps me know what we're working with. I think a lot of it depends on what all you plan on grabbing still. Currently you pick up Grave Intentions, Melding, and the nearby jewel socket.

First thing I suppose is decide if you are willing to anoint one of those and discard everything else. That will free up several skill points. Otherwise they all seem relatively equal in value. I'd also add Way of the Warrior to your potential list. Every way I look at it though, there is too much of a drop in strength for my liking. You sacrifice strength and life to free up a few points I'd likely invest into life anyways. I just wish PoB or PoE Mate would have it updated in.
Well in my second cortex i was lucky to drop a Bottled Faith but i dont know if i really need it, dont know if i should use or sell
And if anyone could help me with the build im at 1800+ str using a lethal pride with 15% str and dont know i should try and aim for 2100 str or it would be too expensive to get
For now what i really want to get is raise spectre l21

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info