New Gems for Summoners in Path of Exile: Blight

Necro it is then :)
Runslingan! The Power Of ~^S.W.E.D.E.N^~
Grim Dawn makes managing minions much simpler by providing minion modes in the UI for each minion type, on screen, after they're summoned. It's elegantly simple. It works. It's probably less susceptible to bugs once its been implemented than gems will be.

If you want to avoid copying what other games do, on principle, then minion modes could be a passive notable.

Why do we need a devote a gem slot to switching minion modes in POE?
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
They should make spectres bind to the gem. With the tree changes I'm going to lose my T17 spectres on standard and have to waste my time finding them and resummoning them on T17. There's really no point to this. Please make them bind to the gem until you change them.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
Y1kes wrote:
"
choppedeuce wrote:
Why aren't the minions are aggressive/defensive gems just one toggleable gem?

This.
They already did the same kind of thing with blood and sand, and it worked pretty well.

Agree this would be nice. I guess the issue is that what they are pitching is the ability for different types of minions to have separate AI gems.

So while this is the elegant way to deal with it, I think the behavior would have to be all or none to pull it off with a toggle.
Does it works with Herald of Purity minions ?
"
Meat Shield Support
The Meat Shield support gem makes supported minions defensive, causing them to only attack enemies that get very close to you. It also gives the minions a chance to taunt on hit, reduces the damage they take, and causes them to deal more damage to enemies close to you.

Well, SRS supported by this gem ought to be funny. Assuming that mobs are obliged to attack whoever taunted them, but can not target Raging Spirits. It's a kind of permanent stun. I bet gem won't work as it been announced though.
I want the old SRS cap to be 50 again :(
"
Y1kes wrote:
"
choppedeuce wrote:
Why aren't the minions are aggressive/defensive gems just one toggleable gem?

This.
They already did the same kind of thing with blood and sand, and it worked pretty well.

I assume it is so you can have different minions with different priorities. Maybe you want aggressive golems but defensive zombies.
Is Deathmark capable of herding the cats we call Summoned Skeletons and Raging Spirits? Considering they don't follow you like other minions, I'm left wondering if you can use it to make them focus down strong opponents.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
About time the undead get a rework thanks GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info