Sudden Frame Loss???

I am have been playing this game for a while now and have NEVER had any FPS issues... Until today... I log in for the 3 hour party race and everything is going smoothly, until i hit merveil. Then all of a sudden my fps drops to 0 then to 20 then back to 0 and i hear a couple "bling bling" sounds and the game exited to the start screen.

Then i log back in and make the walk to merveil this time killing her and get into the forest monkeys and drop to 0 again (at lvl 12 this is terrifying) but this time i get surrounded by monkeys and i attempt to alt + F4 and log back in but this time im not as lucky and I died.

I have nfi what is causing this sudden fps loss what so ever and i cant find anywhere on the forums concerning it. I have played on both my Desktops 1: Running Nvidea GTX660 and my other 2: running AMD Radeon 7970. Neither of which should have ANY issues running this game.

TLDR: FPS Spikes from (63 Vsync'd) down to 0 using Nvidea GTX 660 and/or AMD Radeon 7970 both of which are on 3.6ghz eight core processors

is there a fix for this issue? What other information do i need to supply?
Anyone having similar issues?

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/1z4yihy.jpg[/IMG]

This image is almost identical to the issue i am having and no one has answered it yet (i am experienceing the same issues on my wife's pc as well.

My PC's Exact Specs:

Processor: AMD FX-8350 Eight Core Processor 4.0ghz
Installed Memory: 32.0 GB
System Type: 64-Bit Operating System
Graphics Card: Nvidea GTX660

Only issues i am not having is:

A: My latency isn't spiking only my frame rate
B: i am spiking down from Vsync 63 to Literally 0.

Also my internal temp's are not passing that of 31.5*C
Last edited by Airon2007 on Mar 16, 2013, 12:34:51 AM
turning off vsync should stop it going to 0 but it wont stop it spiking, check the 3D settings in nvidia control panel make sure its set to let that application decide. Other than that not sure what your issue is, I have no issues but i'm on a GTX 680.
I have the same problem, game unplayable. [ATI Radeon HD 4800 series]
Same thing here. Prior to today I was running with 60 FPS regardless of anything. Lightning arrow pre visual change with chain fork LMP and I would still run 60FPS.

Log in today and I can notice right from the loading screen something is wrong. I am running the same settings as I always have and I have a massive FPS drop down to 20 FPS.

Something is going on x:

Edit : An now after relogging like 10 times it's back to normal. ;s
IGN : Meowskies
Last edited by Meowskies on Mar 16, 2013, 3:08:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info