[3.24] The Warbringer Slaming Serker [League Starter | Cheap | Smash the Atlas | Slams BUFFED]

This is the second time I’m playing this build, so I have to say kudos to you and great job keeping the build alive and at the top of the Marauder build list!

The first time I played this build was in metamorph and I ended up having over 10k life, combined with the legacy berserker heal i was quite unkillable. I ended up using a 850pdps rare maul so had a lot more life nodes as I skipped endurance charges.

Heist I decided to go full blown tidebreaker and endurance charges using earthshatter. The build is incredibly squishy now compared to what it was in metamorph as you said in the guide so I’m stacking as much life as possible. Currently sitting at 8.2k with the goal to get at least 9k.

Just before bed I decided to buy some tidebreakers, quality them and hit them with a vaal, this worked out well!!

"
Ninjagizmo wrote:
This is the second time I’m playing this build, so I have to say kudos to you and great job keeping the build alive and at the top of the Marauder build list!

The first time I played this build was in metamorph and I ended up having over 10k life, combined with the legacy berserker heal i was quite unkillable. I ended up using a 850pdps rare maul so had a lot more life nodes as I skipped endurance charges.

Heist I decided to go full blown tidebreaker and endurance charges using earthshatter. The build is incredibly squishy now compared to what it was in metamorph as you said in the guide so I’m stacking as much life as possible. Currently sitting at 8.2k with the goal to get at least 9k.

Just before bed I decided to buy some tidebreakers, quality them and hit them with a vaal, this worked out well!!

love to see your returning to the build!

its true, we lost alot of QoL with warbringer heals and synergy with the old warcry nodes on tree

however, i think we have 2-4x more dps, even as RT build.

love the corrupted tide!!!! the price for 1500 fusings and 1500 vaals may be steep, but for a 7 link item with huge pdps and endurance cry synergies its impossible to beat for its price

excellent work friend <3
Can u update your progression for 3.12 if possible? really would like to know how u did in 3.12
"
Can u update your progression for 3.12 if possible? really would like to know how u did in 3.12

i started as a different build in 3.12, but there were no itemization changes needed

maybe analmous ruthless which is an stupid powerful boost for us for very cheap

build from 3.11 to 3.12 is the same
Hi!

First of all, thank you for the build! I've switched to it from an RT Axe Impale Zerker looking for more survivability and certainly found what I was looking for.

However, I'm at loss when it comes down to damage. Your POB shows around 14 Mil Sirus DPS. I feel comfortable sitting at 8-9 Mil (pushed all my previous builds to that number and was overall happy with them), however this time around I cannot for the life of me figure out how to scale it properly. Could you help me out?

From what I understood, POB doesn't calculate Warcies, so that's an added bonus on top of the 14 Mil.

I'm experimenting with gems right now, so my setup is very subpar, 3 out of 6 are not even level 20. I do all my calculations in POB with 20/20 gems.

I took your POB link and even after getting rid of Frenzy charges (I did not like the blood rage degen last time I played a phys build, so avoiding that), removing Ryslatha's Coil (don't have it yet) and disabling Intimidate you still have 7.5 Mil DPS with Fist of War instead of Conc Effect (don't like the small AoE). I'm barely getting to 2 Mil DPS in my calculations and it shows in maps.

GS has been amazing in leveling and early maps, everything got deleted instantly, but as soon as I hit red maps I also hit a damage wall I cannot overcome.

I'd hugely appreciate any advice on what to do with my character. I've almost saved up for Ryslatha's Coil, so that would be the next upgrade (which will cost me my 40% increased damage enchant to keep resistances even, but oh well), still, it puts me nowhere near the desired DPS.

UPD

I've switched around my tree a bit from when I wrote this post initially. Staying with maces since I like Overlord too much, but went back for impale, which gives me "enough" DPS for now. Still no idea how to scale this though - I imagine there are not too many 800+ pdps maces with over 1.5 attack speed. Searched through all the wiki. Damage scaling was more or less straighforward with a crit dual-wielding build - just stack pDPS, crit multiplier and attack speed along with some accuracy and you're golden. With a 2H I'm at a complete loss, how do you get 9 Mil DPS with Tidebreaker (1.10 attack speed!) without warcries (AFAIK POB doesn't calculate them) and impale/bleed? :)
Last edited by CaptainKotenkin on Oct 3, 2020, 5:37:57 PM
Is Lethal Pride with Chainbreaker good with this build? I've been experimenting with it and I have mixed feelings.

It helps keeping our rage full during downtime, yet the degen from Rite of Ruin sucks REALLY HARD, especially during any league mechanic where you have to do some reading. This can be counteracted with stone golem/high life regen.

Rite of ruin gives huge amount of attack speed which makes us lose rage faster from attacks, so it will be hard maintaining high rage while clearing.

Warcrying mostly makes us lose 10 rage because we are easily above 25. This is a problem that is also common without Chainbreaker, if you spam warcries (I wish War Bringer would sacrifice rage only if you don't already have the exerted attacks buff, because it's so easy to mistime a warcry and go to 15 rage instead of 60).

One combo I was excited about was having really high uptime on Berserk, however it feels really stressful to constantly check your rage levels so your warcries don't sacrifice all rage and instead top you back to 60.

I also tried linking Berserk to my Cast When Damage Taken setup, it was decent but losing all rage is not something I liked to happen everytime I got hit, so I decided to use berserk as a standalone "go-nuts" button when I need some mitigation in a pinch or high burst (or both), which I think is it's best use for this build.

All in all I feel there is some potential with Chainbreaker, yet it seems to scale negatively with our build and creates some feelsbad moments. The extra stats from a well-rolled Lethal Pride are nice though.

I am curious about your thoughts on Chainbreaker and Berserk and if the Infinite Berserk playstyle is feasible.
Hey dude, I know you've got lots of previous questions to answer and you can take your time answering mine. :-D

Really liking the slam playstyle, and the clear it provides. Really satisfying. I've only got one part I'm trying to figure out, and that's Warcries. Still trying to understand the mechanics of it. Are the Warcries something you have to have up all the time, or pop only for bigger packs/bosses? Also, which Warcries should I be running? Thanks.
"
Hey dude, I know you've got lots of previous questions to answer and you can take your time answering mine. :-D

Really liking the slam playstyle, and the clear it provides. Really satisfying. I've only got one part I'm trying to figure out, and that's Warcries. Still trying to understand the mechanics of it. Are the Warcries something you have to have up all the time, or pop only for bigger packs/bosses? Also, which Warcries should I be running? Thanks.

Oye, from my tiny experience with the build, i'm barely warcrying when clearing maps (T16 atm) unless big events like legion, beyond bosses & co, I do just the normal rotation when bossing.
Enduring is ultra mandatory, then seismic/intimidating are both good, and both are needed to maintain exerted attacks afloat (your bread and butter really).
Last edited by mrtournevis on Oct 4, 2020, 2:13:34 AM
"
mrtournevis wrote:
"

Oye, from my tiny experience with the build, i'm barely warcrying when clearing maps (T16 atm) unless big events like legion, beyond bosses & co, I do just the normal rotation when bossing.
Enduring is ultra mandatory, then seismic/intimidating are both good, and both are needed to maintain exerted attacks afloat (your bread and butter really).

Okay, so you link all 3 Warcries together and what would be the fourth link if any? Also, so you just pop the Warcries for Bosses, Legions similar to rage dumping with Berserk?
So, I've tried getting Ryslatha's Coil and went back to the Tidebreaker, however this time trying out Earthshatter instead of GS since GS just feels straight up bad without more than 4 APS attack speed.

And... still nothing. It takes up to a minute, maybe more, to kill regular T15 map bosses and a few minutes for 4 Watchstone Elderslayers.

I have no idea what's wrong, I try to explode the spikes with warcries after every 3 hits or so, try to keep an order to the warcries: Seismic -> Intimidating so that some exerted attacks overlap. There are random bursts of damage there, but I did not expect to rely on them THAT much.

The build played buttery smooth up until red maps, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Also switched to Jugg for that extra endurance charge and more defences. I know I lost the 40% more damage (which is a lot) but then again, surely there is some other way to scale? Maybe not up to 9 Mil DPS without warcries, but at least 7?

Considering going crit due to Juggernaut having +1000 accuracy from ascendancy. I'd hugely appreciate any advice from anyone who managed to succeed with this build.

EDIT: Ok, I just figured out I'm blind, I'm sorry. The build does show 1.4 Mil DPS in POB. I wish I could delete my posts, so embarassing :)

I'll show myself out.
Last edited by CaptainKotenkin on Oct 4, 2020, 5:30:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info