[3.7] Self Cast Summon Raging Spirits Minion Instability - Über Elder Deathless - 1M+ Shaper DPS

Build Overview
Spoiler
Do you see your minions as nothing more than tools for you to use as you please?
Do you care little for their well being?
Do you giggle with glee when they die?
Do you wish to carpet bomb Wraeclast?

If so, this is a build for you.

This build uses the brand new shiny amulet Tavukai in combination with Minion Instability to turn Summoned Raging Spirits into Summoned Raging Homing Missiles that explodes in every monster’s face.

Then, you ask yourself, is it possible to actually make a viable build out of that? Well… Behold the destruction of the true endgame boss of the game.

...ᵃˡˢᵒ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰᶦⁿᵍ⁻ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰᶦⁿᵍ⁻ᵁ̈ᵇᵉʳᵉˡᵈᵉʳ...ⁿᵒᵇᵒᵈʸ ᶜᵃʳᵉˢ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵗʰᶦˢ...

Want to know more? Of course you do!

Basic mechanics and playstyle
Spoiler
The new amulet Tavukai gives the effect Summoned Raging Spirits take 20% of their Maximum Life per second as Chaos Damage.

Minion Instability is a Keystone that causes minions to explode when reduced to low life (when life falls below 35%), dealing 33% of their maximum life as fire damage to nearby enemies. All our damage will come from this.

Now swarm the enemies with your homing missiles. Hold button to summon SRS and occasionally use movement skill to avoid damage while waiting for your SRS to explode.

More in-depth mechanics
Spoiler
Optimally SRS would explode after 65/20 = 3.25 seconds but SRS have 25% natural chaos resistance which can be lowered to 8% with Tavukai but it will still lengthen the time it takes for them to explode.
Since Minion Instability deals 33% of minion life as damage we want to raise minion health as much as possible.
Some minion health nodes will either raise the minion chaos resistance or give minions health regen which will further lengthen the time it takes for them to explode. I chose the path of smaller explosions with shorter fuses for them to be more practical during mapping and leveling but there is absolutely potential for more damage output given that you are willing to wait longer for the explosions. Just make sure the SRS duration is longer than the degen-time and that your cast time is low enough to not reach the limit of 20 SRS.

Look for nodes say “Minions deal #% increased Damage”.

We do not want to take nodes like “#% increased Elemental Damage”, although Minion Instability does deal pure fire damage this mod does not increase that damage. Minions are very picky that mods need to mention them to be effective.

Elemental Equilibrium is a keystone with the following effect - Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements. This means that since Minion Instability deals pure fire damage we can increase the damage taken by just poking the enemies for 1 damage with either cold or lightning damage. There are many good options to choose from, I started with Ball Lightning combined with Greater Multiple Projectiles which basically covers the whole screen but getting closer to end game I felt I did not need that extra damage for every trash mob and replaced Ball Lightning with Storm Brand since it sticks to a host during its duration. this is great for bosses.You can basically use any skill you want, just make sure it deals 0 fire damage.

To further reduce the monsters Fire Resistance I connected Curse On Hit, Flammability and Elemental Weakness to Ball Lightning / Storm Brand.

We also want to increase our cast speed since more SRS equates to more explosions.

Additionally Aspect of the Spider makes enemies that get too close take additional damage.

Intimidate is a debuff that causes the affected target to take 10% increased attack damage. ̶I̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶M̶i̶n̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶I̶n̶s̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶e̶b̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶S̶R̶S̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶P̶a̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶B̶u̶i̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶g̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶e̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶v̶e̶s̶t̶i̶g̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶u̶r̶t̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ Minion Instability is not an attack and will not benefit from Intimidate.

Popular enemies and content (videos)
Spoiler
So what content is it viable for?

Some popular content and at what level I first encountered it.
lvl 70 - Atziri (no video)
lvl 75 - Eternal Labyrinth
lvl 81 - Shaper
lvl 85 - The Vaal Omnitect (lvl 81)
lvl 87 - Red Elder (T14)
lvl 91 - Über Elder
lvl 91 - Hall of Grand Masters (only image, no video)

H̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶Ü̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶A̶t̶z̶i̶r̶i̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶.̶

Started using Spell Echo here, good increase in damage output.
lvl 92 - Über Atziri
lvl 92 - Catarina Syndicate (lvl83)

Started using Mind over Matter here, good increase in survivability.
lvl 93 - Über Elder - Deathless
lvl 93 - Vaal Temple
lvl 93 - Abyssal Lich (lvl 81)

I have not encountered the Delve bosses yet.

Pros and cons
Spoiler
Can kill anything with a delay.

Bad map mods
Spoiler
of Stasis Players cannot Regenerate Life, Mana or Energy Shield

Hardcore viable?
Spoiler
I would say no beacuse I suck at hardcore, but feel free to prove me wrong.

Cost
Spoiler
You can get very far with self found gear and probably clear most red tier maps with less than an Exalted Orb in gear value. But as usual, there is no upper limit to how much currency you can invest in your character.

The only unique needed for this build is the amulet Tavukai, it is currently priced around 1 alch. If you are looking for one with perfect stats and/or a beneficial corruption it will of course cost more.

The rest of the item slots can be filled with rares as you go or you could buy some 10-chaos-gear for each slot and you are golden.

The most expensive item in my setup is the helmet. I found mine but looking for similar helmets at /trade/ indicates prices around 1-5 Exalted Orb at the moment.

Path of Building

Gems
Spoiler
Main setup:
Supports are listed in order of damage scaling
* Summon Raging Spirit
* Concentrated Effect
* Spell Echo
* Minion Life
* Minion Damage
* Elemental Focus
* Empower lvl4
* Combustion
* Faster Casting
* Empower lvl3
* Fire Penetration
* Empower lvl2
* Added Cold Damage
* Added Lightning Damage
* Added Chaos Damage

When using Spell Echo you will have to balance balance your casting with your minion degen time. If you reach the limit of 20 SRS and summon another one the oldest will despawn before it reaches low life and you will not benefit from the explosion.

If you struggle with your mana you can use use totems in your setup. I did this for about 20 levels before I swapped back to self casting.
* Spell Totem
* Multiple Totems

You could spice it up a bit with post explosion burning damage with these gems somewhere in the mix. I did not do this myself though, I just scaled the explosion damage, ignoring the numbers for burning damage.
* Ignite Proliferation
* Elemental Proliferation
* Burning Damage

Main setup variant (pseudo-8-link):
If you get some of the support mentioned above on your gear you could effectively make a longer link than in a body or 2h weapon and free up a potential 6-link.

I got very lucky and found an Elder helmet with the following mods:
* Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 18 Burning Damage
* Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 18 Concentrated Effect
* Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 16 Minion Life
* Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 18 Minion Damage
And linked it to:
* Summon Raging Spirit
* Elemental Focus
* Combustion
* F̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶P̶e̶n̶e̶t̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶
* Spell Echo

The mods can go as high as Level 20 but I doubt I would ever be able to craft, find or buy that.

Curses
* Storm Brand
* Curse on Hit
* Flammability
* Elemental Weakness

This is mostly only used on bosses or tough rares. Depending on your preferences you could replace Storm Brand with anything that deals cold or lightning. Just make sure it deals 0 fire damage or you will deal a lot less damage due to Elemental Equilibrium.
Since there are two curses on the link you need some way of adding an additional curse to enemies. I took the notable Whispers of Doom that gives You can apply an additional curse.

Movement
* Leap Slam
* Faster Attacks
* Fortify

You could of course use any movement skill you like, Leap Slam is my personal preference since it can traverse obstacles.

Auto casting
* Desecrate
* Flesh Offering
I have crafted “Trigger a Socketed Spell when you use a skill” on my weapon.
So while summoning SRS I automatically create corpses, consume said corpses and increase my cast speed to summon more SRS faster thanks to the node Mistress of Sacrifice which gives the following bonuses:
Your Offering Skills also affect you
2% increased Attack and Cast Speed for each corpse consumed Recently.
The third slot can be whatever, I went with Tempest Shield for the occasional extra block that triggers Elemental Equilibrium on enemies that get too close.

If you dual wield or use a 2h weapon you could add more stuff to auto cast to your build.

Aura
* Haste - Mana Reserved: 50%
* Clarity - Mana Reserved: (34-293)
* Enlighten Support - Reduces mana reservation of linked auras, not mandatory but useful.
* Aspect of the Spider - Mana Reserved: 25% - This skill comes from gear and not a gem.

Utility // Other
Most likely you will have some sockets free, add your own flavour.
Below are some suggestions:
* Decoy Totem (makes Minion Instability more effective by clustering white mobs)
* Summon Skeleton
* Raise Zombie
* Raise Spectre
Distractions keep the monsters from you so your SRS can kill them before they reach you.
* Portal

Enchantments
Spoiler
Helmet
Summon Raging Spirit has 18% chance to summon an extra Minion
Haste has 15% reduced Mana Reservation
Clarity has 30% reduced Mana Reservation

Boots and Gloves can be whatever you like, just remember that enchantments that require that you kill or make critical strikes do not get triggered by your SRS.

Boots
8% chance to Dodge Spell Hits if you've taken Spell Damage Recently
10% increased Movement Speed if you haven't been Hit Recently
Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently

Gloves
Trigger Commandment of Winter when Hit

Ascendancy
Spoiler
Necromancer have the hands down best damage scaling for Minion Instability of all the classes. When I started playing this character I expected Elementalist to be strong as well but I soon learned that many things that I expected to be beneficial did not boost the damage from Minion Instability.

Recommended order of ascension nodes:
Commander of Darkness - Adds damage and survivability
Invoker - Adds damage
Puppet Master - Adds damage
Mistress of Sacrifice - Adds damage through cast speed

Commander of Darkness
Auras from your Skills grant 3% increased Attack and Cast Speed to you and Allies
You and Allies affected by your Aura Skills have +20% to all Elemental Resistances
You and Allies affected by your Aura Skills deal 30% increased Damage

Invoker - Great damage but extends the time for SRS to explode due to minion regeneration. Also, Convocation does not work with SRS.
Minions Regenerate 2% Life per second
50% increased Convocation Cooldown Recovery Speed
Minions have 20% increased maximum Life
Minions deal 20% increased Damage

Puppet Master
30% increased Minion Duration
30% increased Minion Damage if you've used a Minion Skill Recently
Minions have 12% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you or your Minions have Killed Recently
Minions have 20% increased Movement Speed

Mistress of Sacrifice - Increased damage does not apply to SRS
20% increased Skill Effect Duration
Your Offering Skills also affect you
Your Offerings have 50% reduced Effect on you
40% increased Damage if you have consumed a corpse Recently
2% increased Attack and Cast Speed for each corpse consumed Recently

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill All Bandits for +2 Passive Skill Points.

Oak’s 20% increased Physical Damage does not affect Minion Instability damage.
Alira’s +20% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier does not affect Minion Instability damage.

Pantheon
Spoiler
I went with Lunaris and Gruthkul.

Soul of Lunaris
1% additional Physical Damage Reduction for each nearby Enemy, up to 8%
1% increased Movement Speed for each nearby Enemy, up to 8%
10% chance to avoid Projectile Damage
5% chance to Dodge Attacks and Spells if you've been Hit Recently
Avoid Projectiles that have Chained

Soul of Gruthkul
1% additional Physical Damage Reduction for each Hit you've taken Recently up to a maximum of 5%
Map Enemies that have Hit you with an Attack Recently have 8% reduced Attack Speed

Gear
Spoiler
General advice for all gear slots.
Find rares with:
* Resists and life
* Minion damage, minion life.
* Faster casting to summon SRS faster.
* Faster attacks for movement skill.

You will also want to have Aspect of the Spider somewhere on your gear. It can be placed in any slot except amulet for this build, I have put it on my belt.

My current Gear
Spoiler

(The damage mods from Kaom's Heart are of no use for Minions Instability).

Über Elder Gear
Spoiler
I might just be bad but I can not handle the succ from Elder.

Recommendation for each slot

Jewels
Spoiler
Careful Planning - I was struggling with not having enough Dexterity so this was perfect for me. The Minions deal increased damage corruption is a nice bonus.

Watcher's Eye - There are some interesting mods for haste and clarity b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶j̶e̶w̶e̶l̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶m̶e̶n̶t̶. I chose one with "unaffected by temp chains", pretty sweet.

Rest are rare jewels. Look for minion life and minion damage.
Since this is a life build I also tried to stack health on the character with the jewels.

Helm
Spoiler
Try to get one with mods that support your SRS.
If you can’t find one go for max resist and life with a good enchantment.

Gloves
Spoiler
Rares with Minions Deal 20% Increased Damage

Boots
Spoiler
Rares with high movement speed is nice.

Body
Spoiler
If you do not have a helmet with multiple support-mods you will most likely want many links in your body.
Tabula Rasa - Cheap, versatile and has 6 linked sockets. You can probably find something a little better if you search for any 6L bodies.
Belly of the Beast - Great life and resists
Loreweave - raises max resist
Kaom’s Heart - If you feel you do not need another 6L, this has great amounts of life and armour.
Bloodbond - Makes your SRS deal more damage
Cospri’s Will - Give enemies an additional curse
The Queen's Hunger - Depending on the veiled mods this can be interesting as well
Y̶r̶i̶e̶l̶'̶s̶ ̶F̶o̶s̶t̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶-̶ ̶G̶r̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶L̶e̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶ ̶S̶u̶m̶m̶o̶n̶ ̶B̶e̶s̶t̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶R̶h̶o̶a̶ ̶S̶k̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶i̶m̶i̶d̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶e̶n̶e̶m̶i̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶n̶e̶m̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶a̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶S̶R̶S̶.̶ ̶Intimidate is a debuff that causes the affected target to take 10% increased attack damage. ̶I̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶M̶i̶n̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶I̶n̶s̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶e̶b̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶S̶R̶S̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶P̶a̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶B̶u̶i̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶g̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶e̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶v̶e̶s̶t̶i̶g̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶u̶r̶t̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ Minion Instability is not an attack and will not benefit from Intimidate.

Amulet
Spoiler
Tavukai is the only option.
Try to get one with low chaos resist, high life and high damage.
It can be a good idea to try to sneak in a good corrupt as well.

Ring 1 and 2
Spoiler
Your SRS will be very mana hungry so you will want to mitigate that.
Look for rares with
-# to Total Mana Cost of Skills
or
#% reduced Mana Cost of Skills

I found that having one of the rings to be an unset ring helped with getting all skills available for the Über Elder fight.

Uniques:
Praxis - Reduces mana cost
Vivinsect - Reduces mana cost

Belt
Spoiler
Stygian Vise + jewel.
B̶e̶l̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶D̶e̶c̶e̶i̶v̶e̶r̶̶-̶ ̶I̶n̶t̶i̶m̶i̶d̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶e̶n̶e̶m̶i̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶a̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶.̶ ̶Intimidate is a debuff that causes the affected target to take 10% increased attack damage. ̶I̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶M̶i̶n̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶I̶n̶s̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶e̶b̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶S̶R̶S̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶P̶a̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶B̶u̶i̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶g̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶e̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶v̶e̶s̶t̶i̶g̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶u̶r̶t̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ Minion Instability is not an attack and will not benefit from Intimidate.

Hands
Spoiler
Hand 1
1h rare with increased cast speed, increased minion damage, increased minion life, increased minion attack speed (if you have Spiritual Command) and Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill

Hand 2
Dual rare weapon like in hand 1. It will give more damage output but I went for defense instead.
Lioneye’s Remorse - Lots of life and damage reduction
Magna Eclipsis - Lots of life and extra damage reduction through Triggers Level 20 Elemental Aegis when Equipped

Potions
Spoiler
Uniques:
Blood of the Karui - Personal favourite
Lavianga’s Spirit - Personal favourite - Especially useful if you are using Mind over Matter.

Utility Whatever fills your needs. I went with:
Granite - More armour for survivability
Sulphur - More life regen for survivability
Silver - Onslaught for faster summoning of SRS

Flask suffixes
of Staunching - to get rid of random bleed
of Warding - to get rid of curses
of Heat - to not get stuck on those unidentified strongboxes

MTX
Spoiler

Armour

Spectre Helmet - Combine Corsair Helmet and Mystic Helmet

Sin and Innocence Helmet Attachment

Harpy Body Armour - Bestiary Supprter Pack no longer sold

Badge of Skulls

Spectre Gloves - Combine Corsair Gloves and Mystic Gloves

Spectre Boots - Combine Corsair Boots and Mystic Boots

Back Attachment

Spider Back Attachment - Halloween item

Weapon

Steam-powered Weapon

Emerald Weapon Effect

Portal

Sovereign Portal Effect - Sovereign Supporter Pack, no longer sold

Skill Effects

Tombstone Desecrate

Ghostflame Raging Spirit Effect

Automaton Storm Brand Effect

Mystic Aura Effect

Imp Aura Effect

Tiki Totem Skin

Character effect

Spectre Character Effect - Combine Corsair Character Effect and Mystic Character Effect

Hydra Portrait Frame - Hydra Supporter Pack, no longer sold

Footprints

Spectre Footprints Effect - Combine Corsair Footprints Effect and Mystic Footprints Effect

Pets
Spectral Toad Pet

Wrangler Hawk - Frontier Mystery Box - Not yet sold separately in store.

FAQ
Spoiler
[Your questions to be placed here]

Q: Why not use Necromantic Aegis and a good shield to boost your SRS?
A: I found I got both more damage ouput and survivability from not taking this node and respeccing the travel nodes elsewhere in the tree.

Q: Will Intimidate benefit me?
A: Not if you play with pure Minion Instability as your damage. Intimidate is a debuff that causes the affected target to take 10% increased attack damage, attack deals damage to targets based on the damage values from weapons or unarmed.

Change log
Spoiler
2019-08-10 - Published the base for the build
2019-08-23 - Added some videos
2019-09-02 - Added minor details
2019-09-04 - Added MTX on demand, updated PoB
Last edited by ElSmisko on Sep 4, 2019, 2:26:15 PM
Last bumped on Aug 12, 2019, 6:06:48 AM
Hi ElSmikso,

I have been theory-crafting my own CI version of the tavukai+MI build and was wondering how you levelled and what/when is the threshold where you can actually utilise the tavukai+MI combo effectively. Is it viable for use from 54 as soon as you can equip the ammy?

Thanks
"
fluxofwar wrote:
Hi ElSmikso,

I have been theory-crafting my own CI version of the tavukai+MI build and was wondering how you levelled and what/when is the threshold where you can actually utilise the tavukai+MI combo effectively. Is it viable for use from 54 as soon as you can equip the ammy?

Thanks

Hi fluxofwar!

I didn't really have an effective levelling strategy since this was an experiment that wasn't plannet out in PoB beforehand and a lot of gear, skills and nodes in the tree changed along the way. I will admit that I was struggling heavily with survivability at around lvl 60 but that was because of me investing to heavily into damage output and not enough into survivabiliy. After spending some levels getting more life from tree and gear I havn't had any real problems after around lvl 70~75.

If I was to redo this character I would level as a standard SRS-build until Tavukai or slightly later, around lvl 65, and then respec, trying to invest 50/50 into offence/defence along the way.

Also, I personally enjoy and recommend decoy totem for all levels of play with this character.

Be prepared that you will have to adjust your playstyle/movement when you equip Tavukai, since the real damage will come from minion instability and not their standard attacks. You will have a delay before any real damage is dealt and you will have to stay alive during this time.

If you die Tavukai does not count as "equipped" and your SRS won't degen-explode-kill enemies while on "you died"-screen, so you can't softcore-strat-kill bosses.

I'd love to see your planning so if you are interested in sharing the PoB or guide I'd gladly take a look to see if you have found something that I can use as well. :)
"
ElSmisko wrote:
If I was to redo this character I would level as a standard SRS-build until Tavukai or slightly later, around lvl 65, and then respec, trying to invest 50/50 into offence/defence along the way.

Yeah that's fine, I've just grabbed all the minion nodes first and the ones that apply minion damage to myself, and just levelling as a freeze pulse caster with my twink gear.

"
ElSmisko wrote:
Also, I personally enjoy and recommend decoy totem for all levels of play with this character.

Not necessary for me, I have over 5k hours on steam alone. I know how to play the game pretty well :P

"
ElSmisko wrote:
Be prepared that you will have to adjust your playstyle/movement when you equip Tavukai, since the real damage will come from minion instability and not their standard attacks. You will have a delay before any real damage is dealt and you will have to stay alive during this time.

Again, I am pretty experienced in the game and have played many DoT and ramp up builds such as poisons, so know how to effectively play around ramp up.

"
ElSmisko wrote:
I'd love to see your planning so if you are interested in sharing the PoB or guide I'd gladly take a look to see if you have found something that I can use as well. :)

Nothing changed majorly from yours, utilising the same tricks, just changed to CI as I prefer CI builds over life. However, I feel Life+MoM would probably be best of both worlds and stronger overall. Anywho here is my PoB with the gear I currently have (no weapon yet, so just made a place holder) Haven't worked out all my utility links yet and still have a lot of room for improvement in gearing, especially the helm, but yeah, just something that I threw together. The average hit is roughly the same as yours except the "dps" is a lot lower, however that means nothing as that is based on the attack/cast rate of the minion, which you said yourself, is inconsequential.
Last edited by fluxofwar on Aug 14, 2019, 3:39:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info