Winners of the Path of Exile Video-Making Competition

"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoSX5ZHtQLI&feature=youtu.be
Exuse me, sirs, not even 250 points? Fine, my last video for u. Cya

No offence but why should your 9 minutes of random gameplay with music should win anything? NINE MINUTES

Dont be mad at me but this is way too long and there was a lot of videos similiar to yours. I know that it could have took you many hours of work. But didn't we participate for fun?
Change the guy who is deciding these tops. The drawing and high level editing ones should be higher for the amount of effort put in them. Im surprised that the anime opening one is not in top 10 considering some of the already present picked winners.
"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoSX5ZHtQLI&feature=youtu.be
Exuse me, sirs, not even 250 points? Fine, my last video for u. Cya

Not sure why this self confidence while just putting together clips of gameplay with some music in the background.
Hello I have a question.
"
"
I really don't get critteria's, i got that feeling that refferee's just look at the first 20 seconds of video and turn it off after this, but EVEN THEN I DON'T GET HOW EE's video is on third place!

My video proves that fun wasn't critteria https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T67finar04k;
the video of this dude who also don't get the Runner Up (EVEN RUNNER UP) proves epicness doesn't matter at all too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD_a2Ng1tMU

I was expecting 1-3 places, really disappointed with the results, waste of time, and anything... :/

Ok. I didn't want to make a reply, but your blatant discourtesy in your other comments really is pissing me off and which is ultimately why I felt the need to say this:

You claim you deserve 1st, 2nd or 3rd place. The absurdity of this comment is beyond belief for a multitude of reasons.

How dare you compare yourself with all those great artists? And to basically trash all their work when your own video is full of mistakes and poor editing? Yeah, how dare you. I feel personally offended by this, even though it's not even my own work you trashed (even though you did mention mine, too).

Have you seen the hand-drawn one? The digital drawing? The Minecraft re-enacted one? The perfectly synced music video? Just to name a few.

Seriously, how dare you. The video you submitted has no coherent story, no context, global chat and trade chat are visible (such a rookie mistake, really), poorly done masking (e.g. Izaro circle), way too long, terrible music so unrelated to the game it's a non-factor. I could go on and on, but I suppose you get the point.

I am perfectly aware of my own video and how it's even in my opinion far inferior to some of the works presented. But I can only assume that GGG decided based on multiple factors. Some of which are possibly sound design, scenery and story.

If you take a look at my submission, you will notice that I carefully edited the sound, the character follows a story and has appropriate scenery that I changed for each segment (all are hideout objects). Did you notice the fishing rod? It's actually an exile hideout object hidden behind the tent and I positioned my character in such a way that it looks like he's fishing. It's quite possibly small details like this that gave me 4th place. I personally would have ranked myself far lower, but I am not the one who decides.

Humility is certainly not your strong suit, that's obvious. Take from that what you will, but I certainly could not stand idle reading all this nonsense about how your video is so superior and above everyone else. You seem very delusional in that regard.

And instead of spiting yourself, looking to blame others for your own failure, I suggest you rather appreciate all the great work that was shown and maybe learn something from them. I certainly have my own favorites and I was surprised I was even able to compete with them.

Have a good day.

Don't leave me with that. Let's speak some. Look, i want to thank you for reminding me with "But I can only assume that GGG decided based on multiple factors. Some of which are possibly sound design, scenery and story.". For real, how could i forgot about those criterias... Alright then. Let's talk about those which was told to movie makers:

1) How your video refers to PoE;
2) How your video compelling or funny;

I want to ask you now, is your video "compelling" or "funny"? Can you rate it from 0 to 10 how you see it funny and compelling? I'm sure, it possibly the good parody of something, but, please, name the source. I don't get this parody at all. I didn't saw anything fun in it when i first saw it on last highlights showcase, when i wasn't interested in "watching through black lens".

It is, as i said before, ok that someone don't get "meme video format", but these jokes were obvious, the plot was simple. You wasn't supposed to watch anything to understand that
1) Hero goes to Lab;
2) Meets Izaro;
3) Izaro is powerfull (Dark Souls theme);
4) (he's not) - joke twist;
5) Hero meets Izaro second time;
6) Izaro just leaves the fight without struggling (joke twist #2);
7) Izaro consulting with his minions(While player does sounds of Luna character, from Dota2(because the build is conceptually follows her glaives style), saying that stupid skeletons have to leave and he is alone in a room with himself and 4 guys(joke #3);
8) Izaro is summoned but HE DON'T WANT IT (joke #4);
9) Poor dude don't understand why player torture him if player already ascended (joke #5);

I find any of these to be revealed simply, they don't need any additional knowledge, any twist is played OK (no better play for these available);
Did opened chat failed the understanding of these jokes? Okay, the work was dirty, i can accept that. But i rate this as 4/10 as compelling and 9/10 as funny. And i have to admit that it was most funny video of all contesters so don't accept anyone more than 9/10.

I don't want to shit on anyone video's, but when you see this 7th place with just reusing Trailers of the game, thing that can be done in 15 minutes of montaging... You look at your work, remember that you wasted 20 hours for this... look at your video, look at EE's one, look at minecraft, LOOK AT DARESSO'S THAT IS ALMOST SAME QUALITY AS BLIZZARD'S "LORDS OF WAR" EDITION.

And you... a little bit shocked. Im sure if i was in your place, when you got some prizes for your work, it was shown - i would have the same thinking as you. But i lost. I wasted time. I wasted passion. I feel frustrated and tricked as a fool by a large company, where admin's wrote:"We need funny video's" and then you see EE's video with 1 gag... and you like

And then they "You know, we give a prize to these guys... you're not even Runner up btw, you won't get any mention at all. And you like:

Well, at least this isn't personal... I want to ask you, what was your video parody for? I mean this style and everything, where did you get that? I will rewatch it with additional knowledge and understand its true worth then.
"
"

P.S. I can't believe these are better than me:
3) THICC JUGG Tank Mk. III - Cinematic Teaser by EngineeringEternity;
4) "Once Upon a Time" by CaptainWARLORD
7) This is Path of Exile by HDTanel
12) Path of Exile - Matchmade in Wraeclast by Kishimo
14) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P_nGVvxiHE JUST LOOK AT IT, THIS IS RUNNER UP WHEN I AM NOT. HOLY JESUS.

And i did looked not on VIDEO part, but on talent part as well. What i see is this guy with his top 1 video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3T6oxwUSpI is on the 8th PLACE. ON EIGHTH.
He is clearly the only one who beat me in "VIDEO MAKING PART", we were supposed to share the first two places. Even in talent one, what is talent on 14???? WHAT IS TALENT ON 12????

I just can't get it. Rly, fuq this contest, i shouldn't waste time on this shit.

You shouldn't be putting other entries down in an attempt to make your entry look better. It's making you look petty, even if I agree with your opinion on #3.

I strongly disagree with your opinion on Matchmade in Wraeclast. The artist clearly put a lot of effort into drawing the character sprites, and if you've ever played a visual novel/dating sim like Doki Doki Literature Club, you'll probably understand why it got into the top 15.

Many of the people you're shitting on also put a lot of effort into their entries. Just because you also put a lot of work into your entry doesn't entitle you to success/recognition.

If a lot of work doesn't matter on this contest. What matters?
The main thing in contests is be better than others. What is wrong that i look at the other works i competed with?
Don't you guys understand main thing? The main thing is that the contest unfair. It let's some video's like 1st or 4th places to win the 8th (Daresso's) and 9th (rly good montage). In this contest places were given not by criteria, they were given by random machine. Or try to explain why dude with 15 minutes montage on 7th. This montage isn't funny. It's not compelling. It's just cutted parts of PoE trailers.

I don't do anything wrong, the contest should be rerolled. It should be judged by people, not random.org . The dude from 4th place is really polite, but he don't want to see obvious thing i said him: Video should be judged for "Compelling" or "Funny" criteria, that means: "How much time and passion you gave it" and "How succesfull it was on humoring you".

I think with contests like these, PoE will be place for those author's, like 7th, 4th, 12th places. Won't lose much, but it would be so good to see good works on ExileCon...
"
If a lot of work doesn't matter on this contest. What matters?

Well, what matters the most is having a good video overall. Where everything matches well, where it feels "complete". In art the time consumed isn't proportional to the success of the result.
You mainly overlayed many memes over some fotage, which felt like you didnt even want to record another time, as u kept the trade / global chat on sceeen. Im not saying your video is terrible, and I disagree on some videos being in top 10 and especially EE's video being third and wouldn't disagree on you being in top 15. But don't act like they know nothing about their stuff or they are corrupt or whatsoever.
If a video doesn't entertain you within the first couple of seconds, it's already a bad. When someone has to watch the entire video to feel entertained, you put the viewer in a spot, where he gets bored quite quickly. That's why you can't just go for 1 Minute fotage of you going into the lab.

As I said above, your video isn't terrible, but its not as good as you think it is. It has many issues and mainly showcases some memes, while not being edited in a good way. Therefor you not making it in top 15 is still reasonable. I see your video as a contestant for top 15, but nothin more.
Congratz to all the other winners/runners up well done.

Sucks to see people being so negative and putting others down over something like this.

This is supposed to be just a bit for friendly fun competition to showcase how awesome Path of Exile is.
Hey! Where is Kursedon's video?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQNT999n3to
Great work and congratulations everyone!
Very fun to watch!
My favorite was "The Lord's Labyrinth - Path of Exile by irinuchis", it was very beautiful to see it done in that style.
before i saw something anime in the videos previews in other post , didn't find it today, i'm sad. The first shows what poe is being creative and different . Grats to him!

As an elitist POEtist I only congratulate the winner, rest are not worth, vendor. lmao.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info