[3.13 UPDATED] JUST LIKE CAP! Pirate's Full Phys Shield Throw Berserker / Taskmaster Cosplay

Amazing build! i stay lvl 80 and stay loving <3
Hey, trying this build out in 3.8, I can see you have updated the main PoB to an up to date version. However while following the leveling guide and skill tree provided it is a 3.7 version and thus some clusters are incorrect. One of the impaled clusters is the first I've noticed (not in the same place on the tree but a few clusters to the left.)

Is it still correct to follow the write as it names nodes even if it is not the same as the 3.7 poebuilder link?

Many thanks.
"
nugster91 wrote:
Hey, trying this build out in 3.8, I can see you have updated the main PoB to an up to date version. However while following the leveling guide and skill tree provided it is a 3.7 version and thus some clusters are incorrect. One of the impaled clusters is the first I've noticed (not in the same place on the tree but a few clusters to the left.)

Is it still correct to follow the write as it names nodes even if it is not the same as the 3.7 poebuilder link?

Many thanks.

Yes, still follow the names of the notable passives for now. I'll get around to updating the levelling guide as soon as I can, I totally forgot to update that section so thanks a ton for reminding me!
This build feels pretty bad so far. Only level 70, and definitely not bis gear, but am struggling on yellow tier maps.

here is my build so far - https://pastebin.com/2rG4q1yi
~ Seph
Last edited by sephrinx on Oct 11, 2019, 11:11:29 AM
"
sephrinx wrote:
This build feels pretty bad so far. Only level 70, and definitely not bis gear, but am struggling on yellow tier maps.

here is my build so far - https://pastebin.com/2rG4q1yi

Looks like your build is an elemental damage deadeye so it doesn't bear much resemblance to mine, but I'll take a stab at a few suggestions anyway. Obviously I haven't tested ANY of this, so look at them more as things to ask yourself than ironclad build advice:

-Chain support. I don't know why you're using this in your SST links, but it's going to cut your single target damage by a LOT. Maybe it'll be worth using after you pick up Ricochet, but for the time being... absolutely not.

-Deadeye Stuff. Tailwind is the #1 reason to play Deadeye, so not taking it after your normal lab feels like a HUGE mistake to me. And Endless Munitions is a pretty bad choice in general for SST... you'd be MUCH better served by Powerful Precision or Fast and Deadly. Honestly, even Rupture would be good for the sustain. Yeah, now that I look at it, Endless Munitions is officially the single worst possible ascendancy choice for SST Deadeye, so it's really confusing to me that you went that route right away.

-Leech and Sustain. You need to find a way to either get life on hit (elder ring, Rupture, etc) or some proper life leech because I honestly can't find any. And that's just bananas! 3 passive points to allocate Vitality Void (or an amulet annointment for Soul Drinker) will go a LONG way to keeping you alive
Yo I posted in the wrong forum completely ignore that build link.
~ Seph
Hi, great guide and good stuff, really enjoyed the read. Especially liked how many alternatives you point out to stuff. I finally will play Spectral Shield Throw next league thx to this guide (couldn't bring myself to play a Deadeye/Raider, Berserker sounds really fun).

How bad is Vaal Pact? It's right along the path and seems really powerful at the cost of up to -300 life regen.

And: You suggested a different endgame shield anyways, but isn't Magna Eclipse better than Lioneye's remorse?
It's got the same Armor+Evasion, comes with less incr. life (300 eff. life in PoB), but has a 1000dmg Elemental Shield instead. Furthermore the build in ES provides +1% base crit chance and it has +2 to socketed gems without a corruption, which is really nice. Then again, it's not dirt cheap like Lioneye's.
Let tomorrow be about solutions. Today is about vengeance.
- John Oliver

Had a Chaos-DoT-Caster-guide for any class, then 2021 patches happened^^ https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2485596
"
Lightelder wrote:
Hi, great guide and good stuff, really enjoyed the read. Especially liked how many alternatives you point out to stuff. I finally will play Spectral Shield Throw next league thx to this guide (couldn't bring myself to play a Deadeye/Raider, Berserker sounds really fun).

How bad is Vaal Pact? It's right along the path and seems really powerful at the cost of up to -300 life regen.

And: You suggested a different endgame shield anyways, but isn't Magna Eclipse better than Lioneye's remorse?
It's got the same Armor+Evasion, comes with less incr. life (300 eff. life in PoB), but has a 1000dmg Elemental Shield instead. Furthermore the build in ES provides +1% base crit chance and it has +2 to socketed gems without a corruption, which is really nice. Then again, it's not dirt cheap like Lioneye's.

Absolutely! And you nailed it: I used the Lioneye's because they're dirt cheap, even with the +2 corruption. The Magna is definitely the superior option if you have one lying around early on, and/or if crafting a top end shaper shield proves difficult next league.

I personally wasn't a fan of Vaal pact on this build, because it really starts to feel nasty with the stacked degen of blood rage + regular rage, but it's certainly not a waste of skill points and I was able to run no-regen maps easily enough. I'd recommend trying it out for yourself, since I think it really will come down to personal preference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info