[3.13 UPDATED] JUST LIKE CAP! Pirate's Full Phys Shield Throw Berserker / Taskmaster Cosplay

New patch hype!

I'm going to be trying a champion build this time! :) Love this build
"
MrToweliee wrote:
New patch hype!

I'm going to be trying a champion build this time! :) Love this build

Thanks man, glad to hear it! It's especially rewarding when a HC player tries my build and then goes back for seconds XD
I am just going to post my thanks for this build guide, it is very well done.

As for league starting with this build, it is most likely possible but the main thing I would do if you were league starting this build is to just play a melee skill until you drop enough currency to trade for a 'Divide and Conquer' jewel because as the guide said, it basically completes the build.

This build was not my league starter technically, I leveled a Templar to level 32 but was completely bored with a build I had already played before and wanted to try something new. I found this build, saw I had a couple unique shields already dropped and I used my 1 Chaos to trade for a 'Divide and Conquer' jewel. I changed over to Spectral Shield Throw at level 15, socketed the jewel and cruised through the rest of the story with only a couple deaths which were my fault.

Loving the build so far, looking to see how I can push it further moving forward.

I'm going to try the champion version. Since Rage and Berserk are an integral part of the build as a Zerker, should I slot a rage support into the SST link or skip on the rage and concentrate on other things?
"
I'm going to try the champion version. Since Rage and Berserk are an integral part of the build as a Zerker, should I slot a rage support into the SST link or skip on the rage and concentrate on other things?

I would drop Berserk entirely. The Rage support is pretty good while levelling, but for endgame you have better options when you don't get the triple rage effect from Rite of Ruin.
What would you recommend on what passive to anointed with the oils on an amulet?
Tried the Champion version, died at 78 due to texting my GF at the time, my rambling thoughts on it...

A little bit beefier than the berserker build with the extra 1k armor buff, your VMS becomes a bit more potent whilst leveling, though I don't think you need it to be as it's already a very safe build for leveling. A much better party option too with the taunt and group buffs from ascendancy, just some neat QoL things to have on the team.

Damage wise, I haven't seen end game numbers but I can see how nutty Impale stacking can get, though I will say it felt lacking compared to Zerker throughout leveling and into maps.

Which leads me onto the biggest drawback is the very low low attack speed, you notice it a hell of a lot, SST just doesn't feel quite right and I can't recommend it personally over Zerker because of it, the rage and blitz mechanic make the build what it is, otherwise it's just a bit too slow and sluggish imo.

Champ version is in no way BAD but the speed of Zerker makes this build much more fluid and enjoyable, also much quicker for 3 key lab farming too

TL;DR --- I prefer Zerker build, the added defense doesn't amount to much as the build is already more than sufficient with the many layers of defense, the Zerker is much quicker and from my experience without pushing it to it's limits, stronger anyway.

"
DeathGodKris wrote:
What would you recommend on what passive to anointed with the oils on an amulet?

The top oils are still hella expensive in SC Blight after more than a week, so my honest answer is "whatever you can afford."

On an unlimited budget? It's hard to do better than Aggressive Bastion (balanced offense/defense) or Assassination (pure offense).

Some other decent nodes are Discipline And Training (most possible life via annointment), True Strike, and Master of Force.
Hey, I'm running your build in HC and I must say, I really like it.
It has the tankyness and clearspeed I longed for.

I do wonder why are u not using "Faster Projectiles Support" in the place of "Faster attacks support"?

Overall really nice build man thank you for making it.
"
crockadile wrote:
Hey, I'm running your build in HC and I must say, I really like it.
It has the tankyness and clearspeed I longed for.

I do wonder why are u not using "Faster Projectiles Support" in the place of "Faster attacks support"?

Overall really nice build man thank you for making it.

Thanks for trying it out and stay safe in HC! I've heard a few horror stories about people instantly losing builds to blight mobs from my HC friends.

Anyway, Faster Projectiles: it's not a bad support as such, but it's just not as good as your alternatives in the slot. Specifically, it's not as good as Fork.

Faster projectiles (for other people who might read this later) gives you more coverage per shield bounce, because it increases the distance the shards will travel. So compared to faster attacks, it gives you better coverage at the cost of some damage: 7% more overall damage to Faster Attack's 18%, assuming both gems are 20/20.

This would be a sacrifice I'd gladly make for enhanced clearing speed, swapping in Slower Proj for bosses (31% more overall damage, easily outclassing Faster Attacks), except for the fact that Fork is in the game.

Fork gives significantly better coverage than Faster Proj for clearing by doubling the total number of shards, and it gives you very similar damage (slightly more for my lvl 92 zerker, but the difference is negligible enough to depend on your specific gear).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info