FPS SPIKES!! really annoying problem

Ok... my pc specs...

Abit aw9d motherboard
4x1GB DDR2 Geil 800MHz ram, 4gb total.
Intel core 2 duo e4500 (2,1ghz) oc to 2,6
Radeon hd 6850 power edition
Win 7 x64

Tried everything, all settings, post processing turned off, on, vsync on, vsync off, antyaliasing off and nothing helps, spikes are all the time even standing still doing nothing ... tried updating my AMD drivers, tried everything. Help me as i get 1 fps drops when I encounter flame sentinels or anything that spams spells ... can't play... even on lowest settings i have fps spikes still...

Standing still:

Fighting:
Last edited by Badintention on Mar 15, 2013, 3:20:02 PM
bump no help?
Well 800 MHz RAM is pretty slow nowadays. However I don't believe that is your problem. Have you done a virus scan? I had a problem where my computer would run normal unless I was playing a game then it was EXTREMELY laggy constantly. It was across multiple games. I did a virus scan, removed the virus and everything was back to normal.

The virus must have been doing timed interval scans, which is consistent with your consistent fps spikes.

Could be lots of other things though!
Have you tried turning off vsync? It will drop you to 30 fps as soon as you go under your monitor's refresh rate so if you are hovering around the refresh your fps will jump back and forth from 60-30.

Sorry I see that you tried that, but just to be sure have you disabled vsync in your Vidcard control panel, it may be over riding the poe game settings.
Last edited by fourthx on Mar 18, 2013, 3:35:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info