[3.7] Full Cold Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye- Uber Elder, 3+mil DPS, 6500+ Life, 49% Phys Reduction

Hey all! This is my SST build for Legion. This skill has always appealed to me, but one thing I always felt was lacking is the single target. With my tree and items, I tried to address this while not losing clear speed. I was pretty happy with the result and decided I would post a build guide.

Shoutout to Pimmalage and Skyscan. Their forum builds are what inspired me to try out this skill and gave me ideas on what to use.

This is my first time posting a guide, so please feel free to ask if anything is missing.

Pros/Cons

Pros
Spoiler

1. Fast Mapping
2. Respectable Single Target
3. Very easy Uber Elders with the chain from SST
4. Almost 50% Phys Reduction with no Buffs
5. Cheap to start out since this isn't very meta

Cons
Spoiler

1. Not a 10 million damage meta impale build
2. Watcher's eye can be expensive
3. Can get expensive to min/max

PoB/Tree

PoB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/PDmUTaYq

Tree:
Spoiler
Skill Tree: http://poeurl.com/cwRa

Ascendency Order:
Spoiler
Far Shot -> Ricochet -> Gathering Winds -> Fast and Deadly

Leveling:
Spoiler
Use whatever you want until you get SST. Start using a Princess and Kaltenhalt when you reach level 16. At level 30, start using a Titucius Span. This setup will carry you to endgame. IT IS IMPORTANT that you reach the jewel slot for divide and conquer by the time you finish Cruel lab. This will speed up leveling and greatly increase your single target once you get Ricochet.

My Current Legion Gear:
Spoiler

Keep in mind you DO NOT need the -mana cost ring. In this slot, I am using The Taming, but any rare will do. Mark of the Elder is also a great choice if you have a Shaper ring in your other slot and can cap your resistance.

Gear Explanation:
Spoiler
My amulet and weapon need to be multi-modded again, and as of writing this build, I am 1ex short of doing that.

For the weapon, you will want to add Cold Damage/Chance to Freeze, Chance to deal Double Damage, and Gain X% Amount of Cold as Extra Chaos.

On the Amulet, I will be adding % Attack and Cast Speed, and % Cold Damage.

Next is the shield. I will explain crafting in the next section, but I will be removing the Suffixes and adding % increased Global Phys and Strength/Quality.

Crafting a Shield:
Spoiler
Crafting a decent Shield is Simple and it shouldn't be too expensive to create one that is over 2400 armor pretty easily. All you need is an ilvl 86 Colossal Tower Shield. From there, use dense fossils and spam until you hit a decent amount of armor (2400+). If you have an open suffix after this, you can craft "Prefixes cannot be changed," Scour, and then Multi-mod, but this is expensive and doesn't add a ton of damage, so it is not needed.

How Do We Convert?
Spoiler
40% from the tree. The rest will come from the craft "% of Phys Converted to Cold" on gloves and a Hatred Conversion Watcher's Eye.

Alternatively, you can use Hrimsorrow if you cannot afford the Watcher's Eye. This will give you 90% conversion.

Gem Links
Spoiler
SST, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Energy Leech, Vicious Projectiles, Hypothermia, Cold Pen. For mapping, you can swap out Cold Pen for Fork or chain, which will increase your clear speed.

Herald of Ice, Hatred, Precision (level 1), Blood Rage.

Leap Slam/Shield Charge, Faster Attacks, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun.

Cast When Damage Taken, Steelskin, Increased Duration, Vaal Molten Shell.

Ancestral Protector, Culling Strike, Multiple Totems

Frost Bomb, Spell Cascade, Increased Duration

For the cast when damage taken setup, the level of CWDT and Steelskin is up to you and can change based on your life and what you're comfortable with, which is why I don't recommend a certain level. However, I personally run a level 11 CWDT and level 16 Steel Skin.
Last edited by Phizeek on Jul 29, 2019, 2:09:19 PM
Last bumped on Jul 29, 2019, 2:08:35 PM
Reserved

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info