Help me buy an affordable PC that can run PoE flawlessly

Hey guys. I'm currently playing on a PC with an AMD dual core 6000+ 3ghz, nvidia GTS 250 1gb, and 2gb RAM. That RAM is probably the biggest bottleneck for me, but my motherboard's maximum capacity is 2gb unfortunately. I really love PoE and want to continue playing it, and since it doesn't appear they are going to be optimizing the graphics anytime soon, I'm looking intp purchasing a new PC. With my current one I play on minimum settings and maintain 60 fps as long as I'm fighting less than 10 mobs and not using any attacks that utilize a lot of spell effects (fire trap, lightning strike, poison arrow, etc). 25+ mobs and spell effects = 30 fps on average.

Important: I want to be able to play this game on max settings and never drop below 60 fps in solo play, no matter what. 50-55 fps would be acceptable in a 6-man group with a bunch of chaos going on. I absolutely cannot stand fps drops. It kills the immersion for me.

Also note, I'm on a budget and can't afford a super top of the line PC. But PoE isn't exactly Crysis 3 in terms of graphics and you wouldn't think you'd need a $2,000 machine to run it properly. But I've read comments from people with i7, GTX 680 machines who say they drop to 30-40 fps on maps with patches of burning ground? Weird.

Anyways, I do not trust myself in the least to build a PC. I'm aware that it's not difficult, but that's not the issue. I don't trust myself. I'm not a technology man, I just like to play games. I'd rather purchase a prebuilt machine. That's just my preference.

Newegg has a bunch of prebuilt gaming PCs for under $1,000 but practically all of them come with Windows 8. From what I've heard and seen of Windows 8, I refuse to use it. It just looks awful. I want to stick with Windows 7, so any computer that comes with Windows 8 is out of the question.

I'd really appreciate any help in this matter :) PoE is the only game I'm interested in playing for the nunce, so I need a PC that can run it flawlessly but without overkill. I'm really hoping to spend less than $1,000. Thank you for your time!

Also, I apologize if this isn't the proper forum for this thread. Feel free to move it to off topic if it's more suited to that.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
Last edited by DavosTheOnionKnight on Mar 15, 2013, 2:35:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info