How to maintain a map pool.

"
danyd wrote:
"
Delmas wrote:
"
danyd wrote:
so u are the smart guy posting like he knows all , well i maze every indoor map , alch every 67+ non indoor , chisel every 70+ and the maze ones i regal it. i run out of maps , now you smart guy what im doing wrong?
i do all maps but blood magic and 0 regen.

Did you read the disclaimer?

If you are consistently running out of maps you are clearly doing something wrong. With more imformation I could probably help, but since you seem like a real dick, go fuck yourself guy.

i think you are the dick here , with your rude answers in other posts about this all round.
i dont care if u help me , im not looking for that. all i know is that before last updates i had a pool of 40+ maps , now i have 14~ 66s.

not going to fight with you im just telling my experience

Your experience means nothing without some more information. Anyhow, thanks for....
The game does not adapt to you, you adapt to it.
I didn't believe you could run out of maps running these mods, but it's true, you can. I've personally seen it. I had a pool of twelve for a couple days dwindle to nothing with exactly the mods and methods you are using. Zero difference. It can happen. Maybe some people aren't as ignorant as you think, and it's an actual possible problem. Shit happens.
"
danyd wrote:
"
Delmas wrote:
"
danyd wrote:
so u are the smart guy posting like he knows all , well i maze every indoor map , alch every 67+ non indoor , chisel every 70+ and the maze ones i regal it. i run out of maps , now you smart guy what im doing wrong?
i do all maps but blood magic and 0 regen.

Did you read the disclaimer?

If you are consistently running out of maps you are clearly doing something wrong. With more imformation I could probably help, but since you seem like a real dick, go fuck yourself guy.

i think you are the dick here , with your rude answers in other posts about this all round.
i dont care if u help me , im not looking for that. all i know is that before last updates i had a pool of 40+ maps , now i have 14~ 66s.

not going to fight with you im just telling my experience

He made a good and helpfull thread to give us a bit of help.
You reply with irony "smart guy smart guy smart guy" and you expect him to help you further?
Who teached you to act like that? Do you talk like that in your real life too? I wish not,for your own good.
And yes ,Danyd. If one of you is the "dick",you are it.
Go on. Insult me too. But if you got even a little sense of what you are doing wrong, the insult me in my private message box.

Thank you Delmas! Nice guide!
Last edited by dr3afmule on Mar 18, 2013, 2:45:34 PM
I sold prob 100+ 66-68 Maps NP and I never intentionally roll maps with Maze/Packs/Area etc.

The problem is maintaining 70+ Maps. Even if you do roll all the mods above your chance are getting lower lvl maps is high.

Hope I can double these tonight!
IGN: Mellodiez

PM if win or outbids on Auction. Thanks!
Last edited by clon8888 on Mar 18, 2013, 2:59:01 PM
@dr3afmule
well i did a mistake and it was to answer him on this thread instead on the other one where he answered linking this one. you might think i have no reason to answer like i did on this "help thread" and you are right.

i just want to make him understand that even understanding how maps works you run out of maps and he havent the absolute truth and hes way of answer to others isnt good either
Last edited by danyd on Mar 18, 2013, 3:06:15 PM
What's good about Area is Inhabited by X ?
I always avoided this cuz I thought it was a shitty mod.
IGN: GojoMojo
danyd is actually right, op probably just had 2-3x good map runs that way and feels like he must teach the whole world how to do maps?

if you really have done so many op, than just tell us what level you are currently.
I bet people like danyd have way more map experience than you do.

I say this becouse Iam 86 myself(solo), and I probably did more maps than 95% of the people here posting and I bet danyd is a similar situation and I still get advice from people that only did like 50x maps so far, they want to teach me how to roll maps properly and whatnot becouse I ran out of my 40map pool.

"you need to learn to roll them properly, blahblah", well sir, I did and and still ran out of maps.
I did the same thing, I mazed them, I chiselt them, I regaled them, I chaosed them, I did everything possible. I tried more magic/rare mobs with high quantity, I tried just more quantity and in the end it doesnt matter. Most of my maps I used to 86 came from blue 30+ quantity maps with random shit stats, never had more than 2 map drops on those 74+ maps with maze and 90+% quantity.

Dont tell us we do something wrong, just keep playing, rng will get you and than you will sit in the same boat as some of us.
"
clon8888 wrote:
I sold prob 100+ 66-68 Maps NP and I never intentionally roll maps with Maze/Packs/Area etc.

The problem is maintaining 70+ Maps. Even if you do roll all the mods above your chance are getting lower lvl maps is high.

Hope I can double these tonight!

You shouldnt be able to maintain higher level maps without doing lower level ones. The map system is a pyramid. You have to build on it.

@Danyd
You can still run out maps even if you know map mechanics, but it doesnt unjustify what OP is doing. Hes helping those who dont know the mechanic to have a better chance at sustain the maps.
IGN QTCRZ
"
Delmas wrote:
"
KarraKurri wrote:
Sadness of map system in one condensed thread.
Good.
Devs read this guide because all that left from your great map system is 'run four easiest affixes or quit".

I think its time to back to the drawing board becasue this is not working as intended i think...still patiently waiting for changes.

You only should run these affixes if you feel you are starting to get low on maps and wish to resupply your map pool.

When you feel you have a good cache of maps you should start to get high % maps for loot drops.

I fear your reading comprehension is too low.

All i ever see you do is voice your inherent insight.
Are you god?
You sure act as one, knowing everything.
One could almost say you are borderline arrogant....
Probably 80% of players know which mods to roll on maps to increase map drop chance. But somehow maps problem persists. And I know why - it's RNG. I play mostly rare maps, I'm a BM LA ranger so I can do almost any mod. I only avoid inhabit by goatman (because map has less monsters) and temporal chains, because it's slow and might be dangerous in some combinations with other affixes. Although I statistically increase my odds to get a map with those ubber mods, it is still extremely random. Sometimes shitty map drops 3-5maps, but good one drops none. Sometimes it drops only 66lvl maps, sometimes all are same lvl or higher lvl than actual map. It's still pure luck based system. Also playing in party is good way to avoid bankrupt. Maps eat currency, you won't be able to go on rare maps and chieseling them alone.

Anyway, good like guys with RNG lol..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info