Marauder: Blood Mage Critique

So above is the current planned build I have going, and I was hoping for any tips I could get.

My current plan is to be a sort of FACETANK for me and my friends as we play, and I am using Decoy Totem and my own Enduring Cry to get agro and just SPIN and Cleave constantly for life leech and life back on hit.

We managed to get lucky and I am currently using this to help with Life Leech. I have no current issues with my build so far in going up to anything and everything, taunting, and just spinning till they die.

But still, I was just hoping to get some pointers or changes to the build that would be useful before to long, so I don't muss it up to badly.
Last edited by VGPat on Mar 16, 2013, 6:12:59 PM
Polite Bump :D
Polite Bump Numéro Deux
If you want to FACETANK, you are currently doing it fine simply because you are in the low level areas.

At higher level areas you are doomed to use a Shield + One handed weapon to do this right.

Spin and Cleave are not going to cut it later on. I suggest you go for a better skill for pure sustain. Namely, Lightning Strike. Your win combination here is using a Claw type of weapon with innate Life Gain on Hit bonus, a high base attack speed (1.5), and Lightning Strike with Chain, GMP and Faster Attacks. Obviously, you will not have all that stuff available right away, precisely Chain and GMP are going to take you a while. So instead go for LMP and Fork, both very easily obtainable for a new player.

Your passive skill tree is a complete mess as well. You want to go for this instead, followed by this, adding in the shield nodes and after those, armour nodes.

This passive tree will give you by far the most optimal results you could expect from a facetank build.

Skill setup tips... Well, as already mentioned:
LS + GMP + Chain + Life Gain on Hit -> this is your infinite sustain
Enduring Cry + Enduring Cry + Faster Casting -> gives you instantly maxed out endurance charges
Grace + Reduced mana -> your big armour buff

Recommended items: use Claws, Kaoms Sign rings (cheap unique), Crest of Perandus shield (cheap unique).
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Not enough Life, DEX, INT for anything.
Not enough Accuracy to hit anything.

Basically you hit nothing, and leech no life, do no damage.

Too much resistance, that can be obtained with gear.
Not enough attack speed to leech life faster.

lv 70
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCcQSzBS0S4RRNGS4aOBv6Jd826DpSQKBQUFRJVgRYY18_YEthIWFSdO1674TZhO-GYIzPkFWfy6IApBmnhLndxtjfv-Lq51LsOO8O8B_yL_ZIJ-2sqnKpfNnz3VnzwBpX4jKJd-U62C3STdiMdm5pvqfSTcAPZU1HfqvF704yCYcpm4MpT4KbWK94Db6K1I_E9jwtxq63Pnq4rpNuqjJ-tfKpbk3jrFn-j6ZXOuGI8Q==
Last edited by Killia on Mar 16, 2013, 7:04:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info