Animation Feedback

"
BrecMadak wrote:
Asking for the 3th time in the hope of getting a reply.

"
BrecMadak wrote:
At the time i may have expressed my feelings not so well, along combined with my quck tempered side at the time;
Spoiler
"
BrecMadak wrote:
All stance are really broken, thay all look like girl characters from any anime. I wonder when this will be fixed.

Also witch still in the air on characters' screen.

Therefore would to ask again; When we could expect an overhaul regarding changing all characters' standing out of safe zone ?

Sorry you don't like the stances, there are no plans to change the current idle animations. Out of interest what game in your opinion has good stances?
animator
"
2i0 wrote:
Templars needs his own stance/meelecombat animations as it was at Closed Beta. its cheap you recycled the animations from marauder class.

They are a "disciplined" order or what's the concept?.

We didn't re-use the marauders animations if you notice that the templar uses a left handed stance while the marauder is right handed. We have made the animations more uniform over all to work better with our current game engine limitations and to make adding new skills easier, the attacks are also faster and shorter than they where in closed beta as an attempt to improve the pace of the game. We may have sacrificed some of the individual style of the characters in doing this. I tried to add more melees for the weapons that would be used most by a class for example the duelist has more sword attacks than other classes and the witch has more wand animations. Maybe individualising the style of the characters more in the future is something we can look at.
animator
"
Just going to keep this one brief: I find the Shadow's dual wield animation for wands a little less noticeable from hand to hand than with other calsses. The Marauder does this cool 'straight arm' alternate fire animation, and the Duelist looks like he's flinging spells from each wand, but the Shadow is just doing the same backhanded swipe. I *know* there are two animations, but the difference between them is far too subtle.

duely noted, i'll have a play with it. thanks for the feedback
animator
"
Woah, I just wanted to say I'm really impressed with GGG (as usual) you guys seem to really take the feedback, even when longwinded, to heart and I truly appreciate this.

As a wander I'd like to recommend a slight adjustment to the witches wand attacks when using power siphon. I got so sick of the animation that I actually went and looked in the game resource bin and swapped it out with some of the default witch wand attacks myself. However, in a subsequent patch the metadata file must've been overridden because my animations have returned to default.

Something about my witch just oscillating at such a rapid speed continuously (and flailing her shield all about as if it were not there at all) feels really wrong. To be honest it looks better when you replace the animations with the default attack animations excluding int_wand_shield_attack_3 or whatever the standard power siphon one is. The templar one is much better, however I'm not sure if the templar skeleton would work with the witch mesh and I'm too uneducated to figure it out myself.

In anycase, thanks for all the great art asset improvements you guys do, and if you can't get to my "complaint" it's no matter, I can always just mod the game files myself.

Cheers.

Hi Double_Dare. I'll mention your suggestion to the relevant person but it sounds like you've got the situation under control all the same. Thanks for the feedback
animator
"
Fartfinder wrote:
The Heavy Strike skill animation is broken for dual wielders (duelist). The description lists stats for weapons for both off and main hand if you are dual wielding but the animation only attacks with the main hand.

I don't know if the enemies are still getting damaged from the offhand stats but there it seems there is no offhand alternating animation.

Yeah that animation is missing, have put it on the to do list.

thanks for the heads up
animator
"
Last_Yuzong wrote:
Hi, this is one of my first posts here after frequently playing since open beta. Esthetics in RPGs is very important to me and I am satisfied with 98% of the animations in PoE, but two of them are bothering me:

Dual Strike
I suggest an animation with two hits very short after another.

Basically I really like how this skill works, but the animation, hitting the enemy with both weapons at the same time.. well.. doing this once every nine or ten hits is ok, but doing this all the time looks stupid and compared to real combat arts it is stupid.

Double Strike
Using both weapons while dual wielding.

It is obvious, wielding two weapons and attacking with only one is not how it should be. I did search in this thread and found one divine supporter suggesting the same.

After reading this by myself I wonder both animations may look the same, but I guess they should not. Double Strike may swing from the left an right while Dual Strike strikes more straight forward and hitting nearly, but not exact, at the same time.

Thank´s for your work!

Yeah fair enough, not sure if we'll retroactively improve these ones or add new skills one day with more varied combat. Thanks for your feedback
animator
"
TheGreenleaf wrote:
"
Ari wrote:
"
Fartfinder wrote:
The Heavy Strike skill animation is broken for dual wielders (duelist). The description lists stats for weapons for both off and main hand if you are dual wielding but the animation only attacks with the main hand.

I don't know if the enemies are still getting damaged from the offhand stats but there it seems there is no offhand alternating animation.

Yeah that animation is missing, have put it on the to do list.

thanks for the heads up

Is the duel wield animation for Heavy Strike when used by Duelists still on the to do list? Really confusing when used currently; character sheet and dps tooltip say it works but visuals make it look like it's only using the main hand weapon. Thanks!

---

Also just want to mention that the 2-handed sword animation for leap attack when using the duelist is epic! The twisting leap is way cooler than a lot of the other leap slam animations. I almost want to respec to a new build just to use it!

Yeah sorry i flaked on that i've put it on my to do's, thanks for the reminder
animator
"
"
Ari wrote:
"
Just going to keep this one brief: I find the Shadow's dual wield animation for wands a little less noticeable from hand to hand than with other calsses. The Marauder does this cool 'straight arm' alternate fire animation, and the Duelist looks like he's flinging spells from each wand, but the Shadow is just doing the same backhanded swipe. I *know* there are two animations, but the difference between them is far too subtle.

duely noted, i'll have a play with it. thanks for the feedback

This is really late, but I just fired up dual wand with Shadow and the animation looks great! Job well done!

Thanks man, appreciate it!!
animator
"
Ari,

I'm not sure if this is your department, but would it be possible to consider creating a unique animation for the skill 'puncture' when used with melee weapons (claws, swords, and daggers) that looks like an actual stabbing rather than just the slashes? I'm sad enough that daggers don't actually stab (despite what the Shadow says to Kraityn about 'all you need is one good stab'), but the slashing animation of a default melee attack doesn't really match a 'puncture' move. If it were called something like 'perforate' then it'd be cool, but 'puncture' really does suggest a nice, precise stabbing move.

Cheers, and thanks as ever for your hard work.

Edit: You could probably get away with just using the basic attack animations for the one-handed stabbing swords for either/both hands, with a few modifications. They're perfectly good 'stabbing' animations.

Yeah that would be cool, I'll pass the idea onto the powers that be
animator
"
Lord_Norris wrote:
So you have the animations for the spiders to come up out of the pits, I always thought it would be cool to have a map boss or the possibility of other uniques/rares/magic monsters at least come crawling up the ledges. It would add some suspense when the player hears that hiss instead of annoyance, ya know? Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to do and would add something to the player's experience. Hope you agree!

We've got spiders that crawl up the ledges in some areas. hope that isn't a spoiler
animator

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info