3.7.4 Deployment Downtime Incident Report

Mistakes were made. Shit happens. We move on. I have some seriously deep respect for GGG and explaining everything like they have here about the issue only deepens my respect and gratitude for the company. There are not many game developers left nowadays that show their players the same level of transparency, especially regarding internal issues and QA hurdles.
Please delete global 1....
Last edited by XxDarkHorseXx on Jul 25, 2019, 2:06:43 AM
This is what I love about GGG - always hyper responsive and incredibly willing to explain and discuss the issues that they face. Mad respect! Don't let the reddit hoes get you down
Thanks very much for the update and detailed report. As others have said, I don't know of any other developer who would issue such an open and frank summary within hours (if not minutes) of an incident like this.

When I first came across GGG it was these kind of qualities, coupled with your business model, that set you apart from the rest and gave me incentive to support you. Of course a great game helped too!
mom, i lost thousands of accounts and one million fossils today...

mom?

mom?

roll it back son!!!

since accounts and fossils are restored, i vote 3.6/4

not good, not terrible
d:-D*
I love you Jonathan.
Very neat to read such open and transparent communication.
That's an IT example to live by.
Also, as a fellow dev, I really feel the "someone made a db migration and noone knew about it". :)
While it's great to see how things played out,
"
Common Delve Fossils can now be stacked up to 20. Rare Delve Fossils can now be stacked up to 10. All Delve Fossils can be stacked up to 5,000 in the wildcard slots of a Currency Stash Tab.
is the first thing on the patch notes... it really should've been realized what a rollback to an older version would do.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jul 25, 2019, 2:40:59 AM
Mistakes will happen and they happen to all of us.
I appreciate the transparency! Thanks for letting everyone know what happened.
Thanks for sharing.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
this reminds me of the time back in closed beta when someone mixed up the 32 and 64 bit .DLL files.
yeah.
i remember that. and i remember how you guys worked with the players in the middle of the night to figure out what the hell went wrong. and then went on to apologize and take the blame for what happened.
it's so wonderful to see the company hasn't changed.
you've earned my money and as soon as i can afford it i'm buying another pack.

good job GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info