3.7.4 Deployment Downtime Incident Report

It's a great culture that leads to reports like this.

Go get yourselves a beer.
Le Toucan Will Return
that's it? a simple apology? no hats, no effect of the trace?
and if a person for these 30 minutes HH or mirror fell? they are more valuable than 20 Frigid Fossils in a stack. As always, GGG works great With both their game and the community
free mystery box should suffice =)
So i can stop playing minecraft now ?

Amazing time to roll back a game with a database this big

Ive played at least 1 other game where the time frame on a roll back was in days

Ignore anyone being salty
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Last edited by colwyn on Jul 25, 2019, 1:42:18 AM
Mistakes happen, you're a good company for being clear and clarify exactly what happened, as well as taking future steps to make sure it doesn't happen again. Good on you guys, keep up the good work of being a model company.
"
SlaserX wrote:
"
"...our QA processes didn't catch the issue"

I've been playing PoE for nearly 7 years. I keep seeing this same sentence over and over again. This is what stops me from giving you more money.

What a stupid answer. They always learnd from there mistakes and make things better. The only thing they never lerned is how to prevent leagues to be dominated from a single skill or build. But after league they fixed that also.

If you dont like failure dont use software or dont play . I never had a game what was evolving in a kind like poe.

Some of the decissons i dont like and you neednt to like. But the learning from mistakes is better than every other developper i know.
It takes a man to admit when they've made a mistake and then to be so open and honest about is honourable. Well played ggg, respect.
The level of transparency and ownership in this post mortem gets me at full mast. Kudos to you all for the culture you’ve built.

This type of post is something all *AAS should aspire to.
"
SlaserX wrote:
"
BurninBodies wrote:

I've been playing PoE for nearly 7 years. I keep seeing this same sentence over and over again. This is what stops me from giving you more money.

Please tell me what other gaming company takes the time to write up incident reports this detailed with an apology as well? Your $10 a year budget on this game going away isn't effecting them in the slightest so stop acting like it does.

I would, but they QA their patches before pushing them live, and don't have major incidents like this, much less over and over again.

Insult me all you want, I am right.[/quote]

Hello Mister Trump i didnt know you play this game.
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Jul 25, 2019, 1:55:07 AM
Very open and honest analysis into what caused the issues, it’s a good trait for dev teams to have and obviously brings the community onside.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info