The 10k Dream Gaming Machine

Area-51™ ALX Desktop

Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate, 64Bit, English

Overclocked Intel® Core™ i7 990x Extreme
Six Core Processor (4.0GHz, 12MB Cache)

12GB Triple Channel 1600MHz DDR3

Tri-CrossFireX 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon™ HD 6950

2TB RAID 1+0 (4x 1TB SATA-II, 7,200 RPM, 32MB Cache HDDs)

Dell UltraSharp U2711 27-inch Monitor

Killer™ 2100 Gaming Network Card

Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
D
ual Drives: Blu-ray Disc (BD) Combo (BDROM; DVD/CDBurner) and DVDRW with Roxio Creator 2011

Steam and Portal™ Factory Installed
Alienware TactX™ Keyboard
Alienware TactX™ Mouse

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/JoshuaBowkley1/column_area-51-alx_core-i7.png
+1
You have got to be kidding me. First of all that's not even top of the line anymore and second you are WAY overpaying for those parts. Typical Alienware. These are the exact same components in that rig and look at the price total: http://i53.tinypic.com/30ttncm.png

Add in a generous $250 for a mouse and keyboard and the total still comes to one third the price you're paying.
#Chris: dont quote me on that
Last edited by Chainer on Aug 14, 2011, 8:05:41 PM
Where are these items for sale? Shell included?
+1
That's newegg.com, a very popular store for barebone parts on the web. Those are the parts themselves and do not come with the case, you'd also have to build it yourself. There are hundreds more chassis to choose from there some of which you may like better than that Alienware one. If you really want an Alienware case you could probably find one on craigslist.
#Chris: dont quote me on that
Okay, just read a bit more...

EDIT:

No SSD's with that? Wouldn't touch.
Alienware? Seriously, if you wanted bells and whistles and shiny lights, buy them alone. If you want a case that is worth the money, why don't you get something from Antec, Lian-li, or one of the new Fortress cases?
Last edited by HollowMetaphor on Aug 14, 2011, 8:57:41 PM
"
Okay, just read a bit more...

EDIT:

No SSD's with that? Wouldn't touch.
Alienware? Seriously, if you wanted bells and whistles and shiny lights, buy them alone. If you want a case that is worth the money, why don't you get something from Antec, Lian-li, or one of the new Fortress cases?

Noticed this missing as well.
Thans for the posts, ill be looking into upgrading my 100% free PC to something a little more gaming friendly at some point in the next year.
+1
How about instead of getting a $1000 outdated CPU, you buy an I5 2500k with a different Heatsink and overclock it to 4.1-4.2 ghz on air.
Need Help with something? Message me ingame!
im jealous of that setup even if its expensive/not the best

but im even more jealous that everyone in this thread is in beta o.o
No, i have been here for a long time just forgot my old username..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info