[3.9] Cyclone CoC Shock Nova - Up to 10m+ Shaper dps - Any content - Work with HH too

how viable is this as a league starter? i made a coc cyclone build with cospri and lycosade back in syndicate league and it was pretty decent as a starter, but currently CoC swords with double strike go for 20-25 ex on standard and blight, has CoC gotten vastly more expensive over time? will this build be viable if shaped weapons become so rare next league a sword like this costs a mirror instead, and instead have to use a non shaped sword?

i know its all speculation as we dont know much hard data about 3.9 yet, but i am just a bit hyped to try out a new CoC character because the best char i ever made was CoC and i want to repeat that success with this league.
Last edited by adddemon on Dec 7, 2019, 6:21:45 AM
It's more like a second build to do in league, once you have at least 10ex.
Im looking at exquisite blades on trade and the max i can see are 6% double damages. Where did you get the 20% double damage mod from?
Apparently they have killed the mod (attack speed + double damage).

You can still craft a 10% double do, but it mean it's a separate line from the old mod taking on less suffix.

I haven't checked all the new mod this league, but from what I see on the market, here are the option I find interesting to try to find :

Native mod (in order of what I think is the best):

*Cast on crit 20
P *+1 to level of Socketed Gems
S *Global Crititical Strike Multiplier
S *Crit chance + crit chance if killed recently
S *Attack speed + 6% double do
*Fortify on melee hit (allow you to switch to witch ascendary)
*Socketed movement skills have no mana cost (free rings options)

Crafted part :

S *Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers
P *+2 to level of socketed Support gems
P *Spell damage + extra chaos damage
P *Hit's Can't be evade

It's a bit tricky to find the best option here, my gess is :

P : Cast on crit
P : (Crafted) +2 support gems
P : (Crafted Spell do + extra chaos
S : (Crafted) Multimod
S : Attack speed OR Attack speed + double do (6%)
S : Crit chance OR Crit chance + crit chance on crit

OR

P : Cast on crit
P : +1 level of socketed gems
P : (Crafted) +2 support gems
S : (Crafted) Multi mod
S : (Crafted) Crit / Attack speed depending of the one missing
S : Crit chance + crit on kill or Attack speed + Double do

The craft and mod change screwed the double do in any situation in conclusion, so we definitively lose 14 to 20% chance to double do. It's a dps loose, but at the same time they changed the min hit requiered for shock so you'll still be abble to shock boss I think.
up for 3.10?
"
inmuna wrote:
up for 3.10?

I actually did a 3.10 version as assassin since I wanted to try to balance it arround cluster jewels.

Worked pretty well, check my character WharrgarblNovalirium. I will left it geared so people can check it, I'm not planning on updating the build atm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info