[3.9] Cyclone CoC Shock Nova - Up to 10m+ Shaper dps - Any content - Work with HH too

"
Cheydinhal wrote:
How hc viable is this build?

Can't say. It's probably possible to focus more on life and do a armored variation of the build. I'd say, as it is actually with more life, I give him a 6/10 HC viable, eventually 7/10.

With a better HC tree, you can push it 8/10.
So where do you start? Problem with scion trees, you know, there's no clear 'start here' on it. What should someone get first?
"
KittenyKat wrote:
So where do you start? Problem with scion trees, you know, there's no clear 'start here' on it. What should someone get first?

Depend of if you play SC or HC, but for SC should be a start on right scion, go on the shortest way to shadow part, pick shadow part, then pick scion bot for strenght, res and life, then go bot to pick right ranger and finish with witch

For HC, same but you start with res, life & str.
Great build but there is a problem atleast for me. I'm not fully geared yet and maybe it's bigest problem here couse I'm dying a lot. When I'm done with leveling gems and gearing will cyclone be enough to keep me alive outside of Atziri Flask?
What keep you alive is the different layer of defense aditionned (dodge, blind, fortify/no reflect depending if you goes champion/witch), the way you move (in legion I was never using 2 time the same path against a legion, I do the same when mapping) and the ability to quick kill and freeze things.

In other way, try to buy a lvl 21(/23) Shock Nova as quick as you can and get a CotB as quick as you can. And never stop moving as long as there is something near.

I did the build in 3.8 with a HH (while add it to the post), it still feel good even if we suffer a little because of no eva from Kaom Boots (still got a lot of dodge) and a lower range of cyclone, but still worth it.
Could you update your Path of Building to 3.8? It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Yea, please update it:)
Last edited by Wudy on Oct 17, 2019, 9:56:06 AM
I updated the PoB. Only change are the "- mana cost to channeling skill" and inspiration added to the build.

Tree is still the same and depend of your timeless jewel choice, so you'll still need to get some adaptation on it.
pro/cons of going pure trickster or assasin ?
[discontinued] Dyadus Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525
[discontinued] Flame Surge Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892524
Life is ethical
Life is Life.
Life is nonMETA.
"
cr4ck4r wrote:
pro/cons of going pure trickster or assasin ?

It's hard to tell since I never did it, but I already know you biggest problem will be to stack enought hp, so try to balance beetween the crit, damage and hp.

Also, assassin is probably better because of elusive buff that bring you extra dodge/ms, bring you a lot of crit which allow you to focus less on that and find more hp on the tree, but don't expect to get that much more damage than a scion.

At first I choose scion because I had leveled it 100 trought another way, but afterward I realised it was probably one of the best choice because of her ability to grab the life and defence that was quickly missing to that build. In other words, if you go trick/ass, try to get some others defensives layers than the one I choose or you'r probably going to have hard time playing this build. Damages are already insane (my pob show something like 1,5M dps per proc with the 3.8 change), so it's way way enought to allow you to drop some damage to be more defensives.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info