Two Abyssal Slot Tombfist question. (calling all vets)

Hey so i'm running 2 murderous eye abyssal jewels in my 2 slot tombfist.
I was curious to see if it was worth running a searching eye in the other slot. I'm not sure if maim/intimidate can both occur at once, or if I would be better off running 2 murderous for double intimidate.

A little confused on how these work and would love some feedback from experienced boioz.

thank you exile
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2019, 1:10:09 PM
they can both 100% occur at once. and infact, thats exactly why tombfist can have 2 sockets.

also, you cant 'double intimidate'. you either intimidate or you dont.
There's no such thing as double intimidate. Intimidate is essentially an on-off toggle right now. Maim also doesn't stack, and it slows enemy movement, not increases damage. Maim and Intimidate are different things and can both be applied.

Maims created by a skill linked to the Maim support gem will increase physical damage taken by the maimed enemy, but only those hit by the skill linked to the gem, not the maim created by gloves.

Is the slow effect worth it to you? Only you'll know by trying it. Some people might think it's nothing; others might think it's life saving.
just a scrub.
This is all great feedback thank you guys. Going to test out running one of each.
Thank you very much. I didn't know that there are two different Maims.

"Maim is a debuff that applies 30% reduced movement speed on the affected target for 4 seconds."

(gamepedia)

<->

"Maim support is a support gem that grants a chance to maim on hit and these maimed enemies will then take increased physical damage." (gamepedia)

That makes the gloves much less usefull than I thought they would be...
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Last edited by Caligula_Exile on Jul 23, 2019, 1:11:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info