Feedback on Legion & PS4 Version in General

Overall the transition of the gameplay from pc to console is pretty good. My console character is sitting at level 92 and has cleared all maps in the atlas with minor issues from gameplay in terms of controls. However the state console is in, especially in Legion is poor overall. When I have to disable settings on my console such as HDCP, and sound in game completely excluding loot filter sounds just to keep crashing to a minimum theres obviously a problem.

Consoles primary issue is stability. Without a smooth gameplay experience its very unlikely new players to the game will stick around, entirely disregarding the complexities this game introduces to new players. Fans of the game can ignore these issues, but new players are not likely. Legion takes these stability issues that you would experience in high tier mapping and brings it to every zone of the entire game. Effectively legion league provides a negative experience from its design. Whether or not the mobs spawned from monoliths are visible or not, the game instantly sees FPS drops when you get near a monolith. You will have the screen freeze when monolith spawns monsters and again when they break free at the end of timer. Then simply attacking them can cause crashes from the dozens of sound files being played simultaneously upon one another. If not you can crash just from the amount of screen clutter from skills on the screen, and hundreds of other factors that impact performance.

The issue here lies in mob density from monoliths. PC and Consoles are not the same, and these issues are still present even with those with mid generation consoles ie the PS4 Pro and Xbox's other console. PC and consoles can be nearly identical when next gen consoles are released, but for now console environment has to be tweaked seperately from PC for performance.

Monoliths on console should spawn less monsters and have slightly higher drop rates and spawn rates of generals to compensate. Players will hardly notice a difference anyways since most can not full clear a monolith anyways, but performance will improve at the same time.

Mob density should be lowered in certain open maps that confine many mobs to only 2 or 3 screens wide of space. For example glacier maps on console have so many enemies at the start, plus the monolith which is in the same area around 29/30 times on average which can crash the game as soon as you engage. If not your FPS drops to 5 and below until you kill all the enemies in that area off, but FPS stays low as long as you're near a monolith.

Stability aside the trade market could use some tweaks. We should have the option to hide uniques in searches and we should also be able to hide all unpriced items, as in they dont show up at all. Sure you can search for items with a price by filtering with ~ but that still leaves thousands of unpriced items in searches. Id rather not spend 30 minutes to an hour flipping through pages of junk, so i can actually play the game. Maps should be divided into 4 subsections, white, yellow, red, and unique maps. Splinters and shards should be in their own category of Currency Shards or Fragments, just like maps have. Under scarabs a sub category should include every individual type of scarab, and exclude their quality. So if i go to scarabs I can search for say Harbinger scarabs with rusted, polished, and gilded harbinger scarabs all showing up. Scarab drops are not common. Theres rarely ever a second page of them available. Theres no reason to segregate them all individually based on their quality when theres so few of them out there to begin with. The same changes suggested for scarabs should be applied to essences. These changes would make the trade market smoother to use. We dont need to have poe.trade dozens of filters with specific search perameters or anything. But what we do need is the ability to search for a specific type of item, with only priced listings. I shouldnt have to swipe through dozens of pages of items because 90% of them have no price, are uniques and i'm looking for rares, or because im searching for shaper or elder items in a haystack of junk.

Right now the trade market on console is following in the footsteps of Diablo 3 when it had the auction house. Players spend more time searching for items to buy than actually playing the game. This is bad for the game overall. It doesn't help that RMT websites are listing items cheap and rejecting trades with their website in the rejection message for a place to purchase currency cheap. Diablo 3 on console today is the smoothest experience of that game available today. With a few tweaks the console version of poe can be just as good.

Edit: formating and grammar

Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Last edited by Jgizle on Jul 16, 2019, 9:23:14 PM
Last bumped on Jul 16, 2019, 8:39:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info