The Corrupted Hideout

Better to have the lazybones hideout be premium, and work a smaller, but better laid out and "spiffier" version into the UA drop table later on.

Here's the main problem.

There's crappy hideouts with unwanted ambient lighting, awkward spaces to decorate, and obvious other issues (thinking here of the baleful hideout rotunda which is almost, but not quite, big enough for a full size map device plus space to avoid accidentally reentering a map)

They have lots of doodads you can cannibalize and repurpose in other hideouts.

This one seems like it has very little additional doodads - some piles of corpses and some lamps, it seems. These can be found in the F2P Unearthed and the Sanguine HO's in abundance. Furthermore, you can buy heaps of corpses from Alva.

The unique and exclusive doodads and models (and lighting schemes) from the Glimmerwood and Sunspire HO are the right way to go. Lots of new and highly versatile objects and effects you can move around between hideouts, or leave in place, giving you a lasting bang for your decor buck. Finally tired of Sunspire? You can take the light emitter object with you to the next hideout!

Tl;dr premium hideouts should be well-stocked with unique, versatile, and handsome decorations you can mix and match into your other tilesets. Including new true-raytracing light emitters - Sunspire coruscation, glowing lava, sunlight filtered through the thicket, etc.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
Poizie123 wrote:
GGG is a business and need to make money. They aren't going to please everyone. You may not agree with the price or it not being tied to the atziri/uber atziri fight, but at the end of the day they offer the game for free. Maybe I'm weird, but it doesn't bother me at all and don't see anything wrong with it.

They can make more money , with more resonable prices.
I would for sure buy more stuff on impulse and thus need more coins to satisty my need to dress up. They are no longer an indie company - and the pricing is just silly.

the game is hardly free to play with the item bloat they add each league.
It is a great demo of a game until you put money into it.

They also need to add a function to buy any amount of coins.
I'm glad HO's are receiving some attention, but this prices are soooo expensive. Eclipse hideout is probably the only with a fair price.
"
nadakuu wrote:

it's not there by design so you have some leftover coins and are tempted to spend them on something else. while you're looking for stuff to spend them on, you will likely buy more coins because your leftover ones won't be enough.
Last edited by dachoppa on Jul 15, 2019, 4:10:57 PM
"
nadakuu wrote:
"
Poizie123 wrote:
GGG is a business and need to make money. They aren't going to please everyone. You may not agree with the price or it not being tied to the atziri/uber atziri fight, but at the end of the day they offer the game for free. Maybe I'm weird, but it doesn't bother me at all and don't see anything wrong with it.

They can make more money , with more resonable prices.
I would for sure buy more stuff on impulse and thus need more coins to satisty my need to dress up. They are no longer an indie company - and the pricing is just silly.

the game is hardly free to play with the item bloat they add each league.
It is a great demo of a game until you put money into it.

Yes the stash tabs are a huge QOL, but there are people who play without spending money. I don't understand what about the game isn't FTP. Maybe you have a different definition of FTP, but the entire game is given to you for free. If you consider it a demo without extra stash tabs and MTX then it is the biggest demo in gaming history by an incredibly large margin.

Lowering prices definitely doesn't guarantee more money. The price reflect the game being free. Things like hideouts or mtx I see no problem being a little more expensive because they aren't needed. If you buy a few stash tabs for QOL they are cheap enough where it's similar to buying a game. At least people have the option of playing the game for as long as they like to decided if they want to go that route. POE from what I have personally seen has the best FTP model out there. The only one close Ive seen would be warframe, but you can still buy things in that game to speed things up.
"
crunkatog wrote:
glowing lava

This.

Volcanic hideout when?
Awakened Combustion Support when?
One thing I would like to know, is where to get some of the "unique" hideout decorations that come with ones like this new one?

Like you get 3x Vaal Seals when you reclaim everything:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Seal

I've checked all the Favor Vendors, and nothing. It's not an MTX either.

Are we going to see things like this released in some form other than buying the hideout?

As I said above, you get 3x with the Corrupted Hideout, but it has about 30 Variations, which I'd love to be using and mix/matching!
"
Poizie123 wrote:
but the entire game is given to you for free.

No, it's not. Because trade is a huge part of the game and you have no access to trade without premium stash tab that you have no way to obtain without spending money.

"
Poizie123 wrote:
GGG is a business and need to make money.

No problem. Just make new hideout and sell them. Coping the already existing locations that must be obtainable through gameplay instead of credit card - not a good move.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf

way too expensive GGG.

remember the story of the golden goose when the guy got all greedy and cut the goose open to get the gold ?

we like supporting this game but stop thinking we are all billionaires.

looks cool
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info