[3.8] Ultra tanky Ball Lightning Guardian | CI 11-15k ES | 3-5m Shaper DPS

"
Skel3ton wrote:
One thing what i´ve found on this build is - you don't need that one big Passive on templar side of tree - ( Area DMG + AoE ) called - Amplify. (Area damage does not apply on Ball lightning) and with rest AoE nodes u do not lose any AoE radius, so you could save one point in tree.

Just my two cents:)

Extra aoe always works. And yes, you do not gain damage, but it works well with legion jewel, as it provides extra bonuses
In my case Legion Jewel do nothing for me ( Melee critical strike chance), and really Area DMG and Inc AOE are useless for Ball lightning. Check PoB. :)
"
Skel3ton wrote:
In my case Legion Jewel do nothing for me ( Melee critical strike chance), and really Area DMG and Inc AOE are useless for Ball lightning. Check PoB. :)

It might show the same aoe range, but the range is still increased, it's just not enough to go from (for example) 28 to 29
Last edited by grizzly40 on Aug 8, 2019, 9:39:22 AM
Ball lightning "Does" Zap, it does not affect so much (even with the highest possible AOE). Only the AOE radius of which Ball lightning "Could" hit an enemy, but at all - Does really not matter at all and not worthy to invest in to this Skill Point - Amplify ( for sure, if you have Legion jewel which affect it great, then yes), but only in that case. AoE Dmg is also useless for Ball lightning.
"
Skel3ton wrote:
Ball lightning "Does" Zap, it does not affect so much (even with the highest possible AOE). Only the AOE radius of which Ball lightning "Could" hit an enemy, but at all - Does really not matter at all and not worthy to invest in to this Skill Point - Amplify ( for sure, if you have Legion jewel which affect it great, then yes), but only in that case. AoE Dmg is also useless for Ball lightning.

If your legion jewel doen nothing there, you can take a different passive point. Nevertheless, 10% aoe from this node always works and will provide you aoe bonus, so it's up to you
"
grizzly40 wrote:

Hi, I went to Uber Elder in your build a couple of times and yes I defeated him, but in both cases I had to spend almost all the portals. My guardian now has 10.6k+ ES and 67k+ damage in the hideout, can you tell me what to change in order to defeat the Uber Elder at least for a couple of portals? (The Watcher's Eye is not quite the same as in your guide, because it costs 40 exalts on the standard, if I take the one I need, will the situation radically improve?)
I also noticed that in your tree there is a gem "Brutal Restraint" will it work on the standard now? and what does he do you can explain?
Last edited by Bogrumax on Aug 14, 2019, 7:28:24 AM
"
Bogrumax wrote:
"
grizzly40 wrote:

Hi, I went to Uber Elder in your build a couple of times and yes I defeated him, but in both cases I had to spend almost all the portals. My guardian now has 10.6k+ ES and 67k+ damage in the hideout, can you tell me what to change in order to defeat the Uber Elder at least for a couple of portals? (The Watcher's Eye is not quite the same as in your guide, because it costs 40 exalts on the standard, if I take the one I need, will the situation radically improve?)
I also noticed that in your tree there is a gem "Brutal Restraint" will it work on the standard now? and what does he do you can explain?

From items you definitely have to get better weapon with lightning damage to spells mod, ring is mediocre and you have no corruptions (well only on belt i guess, corrupted shav's are not necessary). Your items have rather low rolls, try to get higher ones. Get lvl 21 ball lightning. Jewel is explained in the build guide. Other than that practice, try to get more damage, with your es you should be doing that fight deathless
Yo Dude!

First of all, thank you for sharing this build! i've been playing it for awhile now and it actually got me my first uber elder kill with just one death :)... After some minor gear changes and rolls i am able to quite easily do uber elder deathless, so again.. thank you!

Since this league is coming to an end i was messing around with this build and tried to run an ARC set up which actually turned out to be really nice.. I switched to crit and replaced a couple of gems.. still tanky AF but i feel like arc is a little bit better for cleating legions. I dont have max ES and dont have the clarity watcher's eye but with 9.2 ES and molten shell i am able to survive basically anything. Clearing fully juiced T16 Elder maps including bosses with ease... Didnt try Shaper or uber elder yet though..

For those who want to check it out here is the POB: https://pastebin.com/9N2AYumm
Keep in mind this is still in progress and has a lot of room for improvement.

Thought i share this here since you deserve all the credit!

Peace!

18-8-2019
*Changed the tree a litlle bit, updated the POB
*Video of T16 Elder map with lvl18 Arc: https://youtu.be/Io4rASFznvU
Last edited by Medzr on Aug 18, 2019, 7:40:50 AM
Hey thanks for sharing the Arc variant.

Any chance you can capture some footage of how it plays compared to the Ball Lightning one ?
"
thomzon wrote:
Hey thanks for sharing the Arc variant.

Any chance you can capture some footage of how it plays compared to the Ball Lightning one ?

Sure! i updated my original post :)

Video: https://youtu.be/Io4rASFznvU

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info