When attempting to Reply to a PM I received: "Value is required and can't be empty"

I received a PM on this forum from a PlayStation user by the name of RivvenStarkker. I clicked Reply, their name was in the To: field as normal, but upon Submitting my reply a red text error in the To: field appeared under their name:

Value is required and can't be empty

So I tried removing their name by clicking the X, then adding it by copy+pasting RivvenStarkker. It returned this error:

Could not find an account with the name RivvenStarkker

I then tried going to their profile (I was wondering if it was some privacy setting), it worked, okay, let's try the PM button. It brought me to:

https://www.pathofexile.com/private-messages/compose/to/RivvenStarkker@sony

Yet their name wasn't in the To: field. I tried adding it like before and received the same error. Then I noticed the @sony in the link and tried adding RivvenStarkker@sony. It worked! Weird.

But when I tried to Submit my PM again, it returned the original error:

Finally, I clicked Report to Support hoping it'd be like reporting a post where I could write out what the problem was, but all that did was mark the PM as reported. Ack! No way that I can see to undo it, either.

So in short, this person is asking me for build help but I have no way to reply back.
Last bumped on Jul 19, 2019, 8:47:50 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I just tried to make a quote with their name, and it comes out blank:

"
quote="RivvenStarkker"

"
quote="RivvenStarkker" realm="sony"
Last edited by Hercanic on Jul 12, 2019, 6:23:25 PM
Hi,

This is because their forum name doesn't match up with their in-game name. I've fixed this up for them now.
Web DeveloperView our Developer Docs
Yay, it worked! I was able to send them a PM.

They won't have any trouble logging in, I hope. How in the world did they get mismatched names?
Last edited by Hercanic on Jul 20, 2019, 10:30:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info