lvl 93 Chieftain needs some help for full rebuild please

Hello there, I'm posting on this forum for the very first time to ask some help since this is my first char to the end game content.

I've been starting this character by using the "Rake's Tectonic Slam guide" until level 90. Then I realized how poor was tectonic slam compared to Cons Path with that build so I swapped and managed to kill the Shaper. Now I'm struggling again versus 100%+ T16 maps and Uber Elder.

I'd like some advices from experimented players to rebuild everything since I really feel I did mistakes in my build/gearing/skill choices etc... I'm willing to change the WHOLE build using hundred or regrets, and swapping my gear over time to something else (But the less we change the gear the better it is of course.. Like both of my foils and stuff like that, maybe we can re-use that? I mean, if we go full STR Bow build It'll take 1 month to change every pieces of my gear)

Please try to be aware that I am beggining so I don't know everything of the game (Specially if you use abbreviation like "You should replace AEB for N/S instead of HHS because LLP is really < PMS"... If you see what I mean)

Here is my current POB with my low DPS :))))

https://pastebin.com/uxsHFSrc

Thanks for your help and understanding, you can PM me in game if you have time to speak about my case!

FunkBuster
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2019, 7:47:58 PM
You gear can be reused on a different character all together. You have some nice foils and a very decent chest.

If you want OP as fuck, I would make a dualwielding cyclone either Slayer/Zerker.

If you want some non-generic, I would try out a Double Strike / Frost Blades either champion or deadeye for extra chains.

Or you can just make your current build into a fire reave / Fire blade flurry chieftain.
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
"
Hasunic wrote:
You gear can be reused on a different character all together. You have some nice foils and a very decent chest.

If you want OP as fuck, I would make a dualwielding cyclone either Slayer/Zerker.

If you want some non-generic, I would try out a Double Strike / Frost Blades either champion or deadeye for extra chains.

Or you can just make your current build into a fire reave / Fire blade flurry chieftain.

Alright. I think I really want to "finish" this character before reroll into a completely different new character, so my choice is going into zerker cyclone by rerolling both my ascendency and tree. Concidering that, and the gear I currently wear, do you have any guide, or pastebin to drop me so I can study it?
I found many YT/links about this build but I don't really know which one is the most adapted to the current state of my character.

Thanks a lot
Trying to create a more OP build is really not the best approach here. 100% + t16 maps are rippy. You need to learn how to fight them, or which mods to re-roll if that's a problem. Uber Elder is more about knowing the fight.

Of course, if you just want to try a different build, that's different. But if your goal is to beat those maps, I would focus on tweaking this build and working on your play.

A few quick comments on your build...

Flesh and Stone has great synergy with Blood and Sand. It gives you both defensive and offensive options. With it, you can dump the Blind gem. I would also get rid of the second CWDT that you have in your gloves with Blind and Wave. WoC is better cast manually so you can use it more pro-actively and at a higher level. So that's a net gain of one gem slot.

I ended up switching to Ancestral Warchief. Check Protector against Warchief in your build with PoB.

I would try to fit Steelskin with IC into that CWDT link. And consider using a higher level to see if that works better for you. (That's mainly preference.)

With your 6L, in boss fights, you should change out Pulverise for Ruthless and Increased Area for Conc Effect if you aren't already. Those two changes will be a HUGE damage increase.

I would personally drop the 19 passive nodes that take you to Fatal Blade. There is a lot of offense on the left side of the tree, and that will also allow you to pick op one or two extra endurance charges in the tree. Then you can drop Valako and take Hinekora for a lot more offense and the extra leech. (You can model all of this in PoB before you do it...) EDIT: you probably need those DEX nodes for your foils, so may not be worth the effort. I would still try to get one End charge in the tree so you can take Hinekora more comfortably.

Atziri's Promise is another great flask to consider in this build for some boss fights. I find between CP and Leap Slam I use a movement flask a lot less than I would in some builds.

Endurance charges from Warlord's Mark add a lot of tankiness to this build since you would have max charges up all the time while mapping. I realize you've invested in the Assassin's Mark ring already. I just personally think there is more need for endurance charges vs power in this particular build with all the DPS it has from other sources.

Overall you have a solid build with some great gear. Just learn how to optimize it with Path of Building, and then work on playing it better in those tough fights. Since you can already handle Shaper, you are close.

Good luck
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 12, 2019, 3:50:14 PM
"
Trying to create a more OP build is really not the best approach here. 100% + t16 maps are rippy. You need to learn how to fight them, or which mods to re-roll if that's a problem. Uber Elder is more about knowing the fight.

Of course, if you just want to try a different build, that's different. But if your goal is to beat those maps, I would focus on tweaking this build and working on your play.

A few quick comments on your build...

Flesh and Stone has great synergy with Blood and Sand. It gives you both defensive and offensive options. With it, you can dump the Blind gem. I would also get rid of the second CWDT that you have in your gloves with Blind and Wave. WoC is better cast manually so you can use it more pro-actively and at a higher level. So that's a net gain of one gem slot.

I ended up switching to Ancestral Warchief. Check Protector against Warchief in your build with PoB.

I would try to fit Steelskin with IC into that CWDT link. And consider using a higher level to see if that works better for you. (That's mainly preference.)

With your 6L, in boss fights, you should change out Pulverise for Ruthless and Increased Area for Conc Effect if you aren't already. Those two changes will be a HUGE damage increase.

I would personally drop the 19 passive nodes that take you to Fatal Blade. There is a lot of offense on the left side of the tree, and that will also allow you to pick op one or two extra endurance charges in the tree. Then you can drop Valako and take Hinekora for a lot more offense and the extra leech. (You can model all of this in PoB before you do it...) EDIT: you probably need those DEX nodes for your foils, so may not be worth the effort. I would still try to get one End charge in the tree so you can take Hinekora more comfortably.

Atziri's Promise is another great flask to consider in this build for some boss fights. I find between CP and Leap Slam I use a movement flask a lot less than I would in some builds.

Endurance charges from Warlord's Mark add a lot of tankiness to this build since you would have max charges up all the time while mapping. I realize you've invested in the Assassin's Mark ring already. I just personally think there is more need for endurance charges vs power in this particular build with all the DPS it has from other sources.

Overall you have a solid build with some great gear. Just learn how to optimize it with Path of Building, and then work on playing it better in those tough fights. Since you can already handle Shaper, you are close.

Good luck

Thanks for your complete answer my man!
So, about the build. I was thinking to change it since I really feel Cons path is good to fastclear maps, but it really lacks of accuracy against boss where positioning is key, like Shapper or Elder. Cyclone is way better for this because you can MOVE while DPSing. Cons path can really be "elusive" and fast with +%AS but on single target, it becomes really weird to manipulate. It's not impossible tho, but it feels way more like a challenge because you can't chose EXACTLY where to move with that skill.

I was playing Flesh and Stone + Blood and Sand before, but then I started to tweak my build and gems, and I included Hatred which reserve almost 50% of my mana to remove both of my +Accuracy rings for this dual ring setup that a friend told me to take. I got +30K dps on PoB. That was good, but then I had mana problems, so I had to dumb something, and I chose this gem.

About Steelskin, Protector, the CWDT etc. Thanks, I'll check that ! But I think SS cooldown shares the same one as IC so I'm not really sure of that. Btw, I feel like WoC is crazy in this build.. +Elem damage, That's exactly what we need. Why would I swap that on a CWDT that requires almost no mana. I can't add more auras and stuff because I'm not playing with a 0 mana build + I don't have enough attack slots to add more skills. That's why I'm using double CWDT

With that 6L, I was not swapping gems. I felt like it was something "annoying to do" and I really wanted something effective and steady as it is, not swapping stuff every 2 minuts you know. But I'll try that and see how it goes!

I'll also check my build about those nodes you're talking about.

About flask, I was using Atziri before, but I swaped it for the Fire Onslaught one. I Know the movement flask isn't the best one, but I'm actually using it to cure curses more than for movement speed, so I think I won't follow this advice. It saved me a lot during my experience.

I was using a Warlord's Mark ring before but a friend told me Ass mark was way better and helped to tweak that build. I'm not really sure what to do about that. Maybe should I go back to my old setup ?

Thanks for everything dude. I appreciate your help.
Last edited by Funkbuster on Jul 16, 2019, 6:43:24 AM
"
I was thinking to change it since I really feel Cons path is good to fastclear maps, but it really lacks of accuracy against boss where positioning is key, like Shapper or Elder. Cyclone is way better for this because you can MOVE while DPSing. Cons path can really be "elusive" and fast with +%AS but on single target, it becomes really weird to manipulate. It's not impossible tho, but it feels way more like a challenge because you can't chose EXACTLY where to move with that skill.

This is a game with a lot of trade-offs, and you certainly have to find the ones that work best for your own play.

"
I was playing Flesh and Stone + Blood and Sand before, but then I started to tweak my build and gems, and I included Hatred which reserve almost 50% of my mana to remove both of my +Accuracy rings for this dual ring setup that a friend told me to take. I got +30K dps on PoB. That was good, but then I had mana problems, so I had to dumb something, and I chose this gem.

This is another personal choice around the various trade-offs!

"
About Steelskin, Protector, the CWDT etc. Thanks, I'll check that ! But I think SS cooldown shares the same one as IC so I'm not really sure of that.

Thanks, you are correct! I saw this somewhere and then promptly forgot about it. Despite the nerf, IC is probably the better of the two for a high-charge build.

"
Btw, I feel like WoC is crazy in this build.. +Elem damage, That's exactly what we need. Why would I swap that on a CWDT that requires almost no mana. I can't add more auras and stuff because I'm not playing with a 0 mana build + I don't have enough attack slots to add more skills. That's why I'm using double CWDT.

WoC is great and, if you have mana problems, a free cast is nice. My mana is ok and I have a bar slot so I use it proactively to refill life, mana or charges on demand via WM. Definitely build dependent.

"
I was using a Warlord's Mark ring before but a friend told me Ass mark was way better and helped to tweak that build. I'm not really sure what to do about that. Maybe should I go back to my old setup ?

AM will definitely provide some nice DPS in the build. Note that the life/mana recovery is on kill rather than on hit. So far I have not found a problem with damage in the build, and WM definitely provides more defense. In addition to leech on hit, endurance charge generation with WM is very good. Without it, I think the build probably needs another source of end charges - maybe Smashing Strikes or Inexorable (or from gear...) Again this is personal preference. I can only suggest trying the two back to back against some difficult content to see how they feel.

Good luck!
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 16, 2019, 12:57:25 PM
Hello Sir!
Well, I have to say, I managed to fix the problem...
I had to be sure that struggle time was not 100% from my mistake, so I rerolled to try an "Op build" E.G Cyclone power

I have to say... This is an other world.

I didn't die once during leveling (act 1 to act 10 speed rush in 1 afternoon). I'm currently level 70ish with a Slayer pure phys/crit Cyclone build, that I geared with the currencies I had in stash (20ish exalts).

Directly after the end of leveling phase, so level 70, I tried a +100% vaaled Shaped Geode (map lvl 15). I was faster to clear it than with my Marauder lvl 93 high gear... It was not really a problem of stuff or setup, but that is the current meta : Slayer Cyclone is so fooking OP, while Marauder Cons Path is low tier. The synergie with Cyclone is insane, everything fits with this skill. Movement speed, resistance, damage single/multi target, movement accuracy... You can do whatever you want, not having to swap gems, or stuff, and blablabla.

I had fun by try harding this game with a wobbly build, now I'm having fun rolling on everything. Next character I'll make will probably be a bower, or a spell caster. I want to try all the different aspect of this game now that I had a preview of what is being OP, compared to lower builds.

Thanks for your patience and help sir. Feel free to PM me in game if you wanna have more discussions or if I can help you back ;-)

Funk
I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. Main thing is to find a way to enjoy the game! If an OP build becomes your standard for how the game should feel, I think it's likely you won't want to play anything else. The CP Chieftain is a quite decent build, and a lot of other things you might try would be equal or "worse". On the other hand, there are a lot of guys who only play whatever the most OP build of the league is, every league, and there is nothing wrong with that!

All the best!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info