[3.9] Krovah's Berserker Frost Blades |In-Depth Guide| - Annihilate the Atlas, Shaper & FPS

Hey Krova,

You've inspired me to switch to this build from Cyclone, but I'm feeling super under powered at the moment. When you have the time, could you check out my PoB and let me know what I should change? I really appreciate any help or guidance you can give. Also, thanks for the great guide!

https://pastebin.com/72kcxS0S
Hey man, great guide!

You popped in my recommended list on youtube and I knew from that moment that I want to try out this build. I bought items for like 3ex 100something chaos and still got more to buy. Would you please tell me what should I be aiming for now?
My POB: https://pastebin.com/W6hE4ZVW

I've got 8ex to spend on that build so throw some ideas! :)
"
Darxyde2k wrote:
Hi

This build with gear example is, as you say, pretty much min/maxed. Especially thinking about -mana cost and available mana. With a lvl 3 enlighten I'd be at 2% unreserved mana (14 mana). And your mana cost of 1 pr FB is currently unrealistic for me. What should I drop and/or adjust?

Thanks!

Hey Darx! So I use a level 3 Enlighten myself with a level 1 Precision and the other three auras along with a Frost Blades mana cost of 8 and 30 base mana! I never have any issues with not having enough mana personally, as the 0.4% leech is more than enough from the passive tree node!

If you are uncomfortable with your mana situation (as I was for a bit till I had more base mana from levels) I recommend just dropping Precision. It's an awesome aura, but not a huge deal!
[Accidental Duplicated Post, Actual on Next Comment]
Last edited by Krovah on Jul 12, 2019, 6:06:04 PM
"
Warnic16 wrote:
Hi, want to inform you that i finally kill my first uber elder with this build.
I'm a very casual gamer so i haven't try uber elder in any league lol.
I immediately switch my cyclone build when i saw you on youtube 3 days ago xD.
Very impressed how this build can kill guardians in 1-3 seconds which i never done before, depends how many ascendancy stacks you have.

I switch up spiked gloves to tombfists just like you said, and the dps difference is not a big deal, but losing 67 health, 631 armor, +1 melee range, 16% attack speed and some fire & cold resistance. Maybe the big difference is having elemental weakness?, since intimidate damage are 10 %.
Here’s an example the dps difference. (I'm using buffs, taste of haste and lion's roar flask in my hideout.)
Spoiler

Spoiler

Right now i need some decent life on helmet,boots,belt to reach more life.

Hey again Warnic! So, first things first! I actually just wrote up again on these gloves which you can read below:

Why Tombfist?

So, first I want to address your red text. Losing 67 health can be a bummer for sure, but you already regain that back (if not more) from %health due to the gloves. Resistances are something that can be found elsewhere for sure, but can suck if you're struggling to balance them! Melee range, especially +1, is a nonexistent stat for us! +1 would push us from 39 to 40, which would be 10% more range IF we only had 10 range, but we (basically) have 4x that, which means the value is reduced 4x to 2.5% increased range increase from that +1, so basically again it's a dead stat.

Now that attack speed! If I go to my calculations tab I can see I have a total of almost 270% increased attack speed, so 16% added on is really actually going to be almost a 4% increased attack speed boost in all reality.

Now, Tombfist. Intimidate does NOT effect your tooltip! It's added on AFTER all of your damage calculations, it takes all of your penetration, all of your more damage multipliers (which become less efficient as they stack) and then give you a number. Then that number gets slammed with a big ol' "Heres an extra 10%!"

Hopefully this helps!
"
Fragos wrote:
Hey Krova,

You've inspired me to switch to this build from Cyclone, but I'm feeling super under powered at the moment. When you have the time, could you check out my PoB and let me know what I should change? I really appreciate any help or guidance you can give. Also, thanks for the great guide!

Hey Fragos, apologies for the wait I've been working through a lot of pastebins today! So just as a heads up on how I'll be approaching this, I'm going to comment as I run into things that I notice will help!

The first I notice is you definitely want to finish your Uber Lab and get Blitz! Blitz is a crazy, crazy huge amount of attack speed! Attack speed means you proc the more damage from multistrike more often, it means you chill / freeze more often, it means everything! Huge damage and quality of life boost!

Next is that you're only level 70! On some points on the tree, an extra three levels would mean almost 15% more damage! Imagine that but with 10, or 20 levels! It's absolutely normal to have an awkward transition from campaign to maps!

Once you get Blitz, you'll find you don't need a quicksilver flask anymore because your Leap Slam will feel like an instant teleport! A Diamond Flask will on average be a 20% MORE damage increase for your build right there!

Your life is a little low for your level, but that's because you have zero life on any of your rings! That's not good!! It's always worth putting an extra odd point into more mana leech on that wheel for a bit if you can't afford the -max mana costs at the moment for rings with life!

Your amulet has almost nothing going for you either! I'd recommend looking for one that gives you all the basic stats you need (Strength / Dexterity / Intelligence) then about 60+ life, and flat physical damage to attacks! That will be a very, very nice boost! Don't worry about life leech or quantity as quantity is very far from a priority (very, very far) and your life leech is already capped from Blood Rage so it does nothing for you!

You have such amazing weapons / flasks (need a Diamond!) and even the Tempered Flesh / Watchers Eye, but they all work in tangent with each other! I can see where you might of been confused in terms of "Why am I not doing more?", but I PROMISE you that with a bit more levels, adjustments on the gear I mentioned, you'll be fricken flying down the Atlas! Hella awesome job!
Last edited by Krovah on Jul 12, 2019, 6:20:29 PM
"
Bazyleo wrote:
Hey man, great guide!

You popped in my recommended list on youtube and I knew from that moment that I want to try out this build. I bought items for like 3ex 100something chaos and still got more to buy. Would you please tell me what should I be aiming for now?
My POB: https://pastebin.com/W6hE4ZVW

I've got 8ex to spend on that build so throw some ideas! :)

Hey Bazyleo! Thank you for being patient with me as I work through the YouTube, Reddit, and Forum comments today! I've had such a great time helping everyone with their characters, and now it's your turn!

So the way I do this is I pretty much just write out my thoughts as I run into / change something! I've just imported your pastebin so lets do this!

First thing I noticed on your tree is you want to go down the right side of "Blade of Cunning" as it's a substantial difference in terms of your overall DPS, well worth the single point investment (this happens a lot)!

Now, I want to discuss your weapons. There are two main priorities, always, always when it comes to this sort of build. First, you want your weapons to have at least 1.90 (1.90+ preferably, 2.0+ is a definite) base attacks per second, you want foils, and you pDPS. We use so many things that benefit from attack speed, such as Ruthless and Multistrike (More damage on consecutive hits means we want as many as we can pump out) so keep that in mind! Your offhand foil for example is 350+ pdps but 1.60 attack speed! I'd swap that for a 300 or even 200 pdps foil with 1.95+ attacks per second in a heart beat it's that important!

I'd highly recommend that you look at my write up that I just recently did to Warnic regarding Tombfists, it should explain everything I'd say about the glove slot ^_^

Amulet! Carnage heart does not do much for us! We already cap out on our life leeched per second from blood rage, and unless we are slayer we don't benefit a whole lot from 50% increased leech rate. Replacing this with an amulet that has flat life, physical damage to attacks, base stats (int/dex/str), etc is going to benefit you a whole lot more!

At the end of the day though you'll find a drastic, drastic improvement through replacing your weapons. I'd recommend any of these:

Cheaper (No Crit Requirement): https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/2ZjXq5ik

Little More Expensive (Crit Requirement):https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/2ZjXPjck
Hey Krovah,

I'm new to Frost Blades and I'm trying to build around an Elegant Hubris with 160% inc cold damage and 80% crit multi. Are you available for a chat in-game?

You can look at my profile if you want. I'm not done gearing up tho.
Last edited by Yalpe on Jul 12, 2019, 8:24:35 PM
"
Krovah wrote:
"
Fragos wrote:
Hey Krova,

Hey Fragos, apologies for the wait I've been working through a lot of pastebins today! So just as a heads up on how I'll be approaching this, I'm going to comment as I run into things that I notice will help!

The first I notice is you definitely want to finish your Uber Lab and get Blitz! Blitz is a crazy, crazy huge amount of attack speed! Attack speed means you proc the more damage from multistrike more often, it means you chill / freeze more often, it means everything! Huge damage and quality of life boost!

Next is that you're only level 70! On some points on the tree, an extra three levels would mean almost 15% more damage! Imagine that but with 10, or 20 levels! It's absolutely normal to have an awkward transition from campaign to maps!

Once you get Blitz, you'll find you don't need a quicksilver flask anymore because your Leap Slam will feel like an instant teleport! A Diamond Flask will on average be a 20% MORE damage increase for your build right there!

Your life is a little low for your level, but that's because you have zero life on any of your rings! That's not good!! It's always worth putting an extra odd point into more mana leech on that wheel for a bit if you can't afford the -max mana costs at the moment for rings with life!

Your amulet has almost nothing going for you either! I'd recommend looking for one that gives you all the basic stats you need (Strength / Dexterity / Intelligence) then about 60+ life, and flat physical damage to attacks! That will be a very, very nice boost! Don't worry about life leech or quantity as quantity is very far from a priority (very, very far) and your life leech is already capped from Blood Rage so it does nothing for you!

You have such amazing weapons / flasks (need a Diamond!) and even the Tempered Flesh / Watchers Eye, but they all work in tangent with each other! I can see where you might of been confused in terms of "Why am I not doing more?", but I PROMISE you that with a bit more levels, adjustments on the gear I mentioned, you'll be fricken flying down the Atlas! Hella awesome job!

Thank you VERY much for the help. I brought the rings over only for the mana cost craft, which I don't have. I snagged some better rings and had them crafted for me. I've also swapped to a better amulet. I'll try running uber again now. Thanks again!!!
im sorry for the noob question, or maybe im just blind, what about pantheon and bandits?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info