[3.9] Krovah's Berserker Frost Blades |In-Depth Guide| - Annihilate the Atlas, Shaper & FPS

Picked up this cool ring for 3.5 ex

So.. I keep toying with the idea of replacing Melee Physical Damage with Energy Leech.

There are two reasons:

1) It is more damage actually when I'm leeching energy shield, which I can always be doing while I'm under Blood Rage... which I am all the time. I do need 1 piece of gear with ES on it in order to have any ES though, but that's an easy thing to do.

2) The Mana cost multiplier on Energy Leech is 1.3 versus 1.4 of Melee Physical Damage. with the -15 chest it makes our FB cost 8 mana. So with a -9 (or even -8) mana cost ring, FB becomes free. This means, the only mana I need is enough to cast Blood Rage & Berserk. Blood Rage & Berserk is 16 mana by default at level 20 and 7 with the ring (the -15 mana cost from chest only applies to gems in the chest, unlike the ring). This allows me to run a higher level of Precision as I only need 7 mana unreserved ever. Also, with no mana need, I don't need mana leech node freeing up the one node near Vaal Pact in our tree. I still do want Life Leech somewhere, but you can add that to your amulet.

The downside.. we need a total of 111 Intelligence to run a 20 Energy Leech. Requires really min/max of you gear.

Just my thoughts.
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Aug 3, 2019, 10:30:52 AM
Bandits?

Also for leveling even with almost 1% mana leech I have a tough time sustaining, even with mana flask.
Last edited by Laere on Aug 4, 2019, 10:13:45 AM
Just wanted to thank you for this build OP. Been looking to try my first zerker and play something non-meta (especially after making my eyes bleed grinding out 5way gear on my Deadeye). Only level 80 right now but thus far the build is an enormous success, and I plan on downing Uber Elder with it in the near future. I feel like if it weren't for Cyclone/Slayer dominance, people would be more cognizant of the strength of a build like this.

Have had tons of fun. Thanks for the writeup.
I have about 20 ex+ currency atm. What do I buy gear wise in order of importance? Body armour 6L, weps, tombfist etc.
Just wondering why you chose berserker over other classes\raider\assassin tried frostblades early on but seemed weak i was a shadow class but this looks very strong
I have really enjoyed this build, but I had trouble surviving until I took phase acrobatics and grabbed a pandemonious. Almost 1 mill DPS with great survivability and clear speed. Still have to avoid certain things as you can get one shot, but overall pretty happy check out the pob if you are curious.

Edit: Once I find a great amulet to slot in I will be reworking my passive tree to pick up blind there due to the massive attack speed granting almost 100% chance to blind, but for now it has allowed me to push in t15 maps.

https://pastebin.com/sUs6UgDy
Last edited by Deitrlch on Aug 7, 2019, 9:21:58 AM
Hey!
First thx for op for the detailed guide.I really like the new zerker and frostblade was always one of my favourite skill.Its really good for leveling and mapping.Tried to make a lot of fb char in the past but never had good boss dps.Dont know why but i dont have now either.I guess i have pretty good gear and still, on bosses i have a lot of trouble.Its just lacking dps.Im just lvl 92, so i need some points on the tree but i dont now if those helps that much.Btw u have much more points on the tree.i followed the lower dps/more hp pob and u put at least 2 more points on the tree.My amulet is still trash, if i can change it then i can change my int/dex jewels too, so my dps will be a bit better.
Last edited by slicchabib on Aug 10, 2019, 8:32:15 AM
Is there an off pob tree?
Hey Krovah, must say great build and guide. Well written so hats off to you.

One question, I was thinking of running this next league as my starter and was curious as to what sort of budget you think I would need to take down shaper. Just ball park figured since I don't intend to get gear of your level but would like to know what budget dps I could expect

Thanks in advance
Hello!

I am getting insta'ed in red maps even when res capped and decent-ish amount of life. I am trying to leap into packs and chill/freeze/kill asap but still getting oneshot far more than I think I should.

And not just from Legion monoliths, can be from "normal" packs also. :(

Unless Ive missed something crucial I suspect it's a L2P issue, but please take a look and advice?

https://pastebin.com/qsikpgLJ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info