[3.10] Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead, Uber Elder deathless.

"
YupYesYeah wrote:
Thanks for the build update. Rolled Ascendant out of the gate to 91 and it just wasn't feeling good. Rerolled a Necromancer and it's buttery smooth and just flat out better.

Gear after 4 days. Super thrilled with the helm craft, lets me get away with level 3 enlighten.

What's your frenzy attack speed unbuffed and buffed? Also, I would think Art of the Gladiator would be more rounded and better than Fusillade.
Last edited by hobbes3k on Sep 10, 2019, 6:09:58 PM
With CDR items to get the 150 ms even lower, I wonder how Berserker plays to try to get insane attack speeds upwards of 15 APS...
"
Zantheum wrote:
Do you have any PoB for a male ascendencies?
It might sound weird but I tend to only play male ones cuz I like the bulk for MTX (especially the marauder).
I heard PPVD also works with Jugg/Chief/Zerker/Inquis/Trickster, but I haven't been able to find any PoB for them :(

There are inqusitor and slayer PoBs. You could derive a marauder tree from slayer.
"
hobbes3k wrote:
With CDR items to get the 150 ms even lower, I wonder how Berserker plays to try to get insane attack speeds upwards of 15 APS...

I was wandering that too. But it will not be possible to keep blitz charges up, without crit investment. I had a theoretical tree for zerk, but without field testing it, didnt wanted to put up, since it may also have been a fail tree.
"
1337fun wrote:
"
Zantheum wrote:
Do you have any PoB for a male ascendencies?
It might sound weird but I tend to only play male ones cuz I like the bulk for MTX (especially the marauder).
I heard PPVD also works with Jugg/Chief/Zerker/Inquis/Trickster, but I haven't been able to find any PoB for them :(

There are inqusitor and slayer PoBs. You could derive a marauder tree from slayer.
"
hobbes3k wrote:

I was wandering that too. But it will not be possible to keep blitz charges up, without crit investment. I had a theoretical tree for zerk, but without field testing it, didnt wanted to put up, since it may also have been a fail tree.

Once you attack THAT many times in a second, then it's very hard *not* to land a crit within 5 seconds. I mean just look at how often Elemental Overload stays up when you even attack around 5+ APS (yes, I know EO is within 8 seconds, but it still refreshes within 5 seconds a lot).
Last edited by hobbes3k on Sep 11, 2019, 2:51:14 AM
"
hobbes3k wrote:

Once you attack THAT many times in a second, then it's very hard *not* to land a crit within 5 seconds. I mean just look at how often Elemental Overload stays up when you even attack around 5+ APS (yes, I know EO is within 8 seconds, but it still refreshes within 5 seconds a lot).

You are free to try and tell how it worked out :)
How are people thinking about the amulet anointment? Currently im using fusillade since its good and cheap but i've been thinking about getting Art of the Gladiator that someone mentioned above or even an extra frenzy charge for attack speed and the more multiplier that frenzy has.

Currently im around 10-11 aps while i have frenzy+some consumed corpses so there's still improvement to be made with AS, anyone have some tips on where i can get more (except glove upgrade, that one im aware of).

Spoiler

Would the helm enchant be a big AS upgrade since i'll consume more corpses?

EDIT: The frenzy enchant is only there because i happend to get it while doing my uber lab.
Last edited by vemman on Sep 11, 2019, 10:33:16 AM
"
vemman wrote:
How are people thinking about the amulet anointment? Currently im using fusillade since its good and cheap but i've been thinking about getting Art of the Gladiator that someone mentioned above or even an extra frenzy charge for attack speed and the more multiplier that frenzy has.

Currently im around 10-11 aps while i have frenzy+some consumed corpses so there's still improvement to be made with AS, anyone have some tips on where i can get more (except glove upgrade, that one im aware of).

Spoiler

EDIT: The frenzy enchant is only there because i happend to get it while doing my uber lab.

The "Art of the Gladiator" was my suggestion lol. I like this build is dex starved and you get +20 dex while only losing 2% as. I thought you would move slightly faster with ignore amour movement penalty but I found out Kaom's Heart, despite looking like it weights 100 lbs, doesn't have a movement speed penalty lol.

How are you guys getting 11 APS? I'm only getting like 7-9 fully buffed with 3 frenzies, onslaught, flesh offering, and auto attacking (and spamming corpses with the corpse pact ascendancy). I have 5.1 APS in hideout.

Here are my items so far:

Last edited by hobbes3k on Sep 11, 2019, 6:29:34 PM
"
hobbes3k wrote:
"
vemman wrote:

Spoiler

The "Art of the Gladiator" was my suggestion lol. I like this build is dex starved and you get +20 dex while only losing 2% as. I thought you would move slightly faster with ignore amour movement penalty but I found out Kaom's Heart, despite looking like it weights 100 lbs, doesn't have a movement speed penalty lol.

How are you guys getting 11 APS? I'm only getting like 7-9 fully buffed with 3 frenzies, onslaught, flesh offering, and auto attacking (and spamming corpses with the corpse pact ascendancy). I have 5.1 APS in hideout.

Here are my items so far:

Im at 6.1 in hideout, pretty big difference and i believe it mostly comes from my jewels.

Cant link them atm but i have 4x double AS (wand and normal) + life jewels.

Also AS on your rings and your poets are only 11%, try getting 12%

Last edited by vemman on Sep 12, 2019, 10:29:16 AM
Last edited by Sebaslc on Aug 24, 2020, 4:35:34 AM
"
Sebaslc wrote:
"
vemman wrote:

Spoiler

I've been theorycrafting the last few days and in order to get 13.33 APS the best approach I found was frenzy charges, you can get 6 charges 'easily' with the new unique 'Badge of the Brotherhood', you sacrifice a bit of damage losing Xoph and tree gets stretched a bit since you need to get the power charges, although this league you can use oils for the rings and amulet and get the notables that way.

For life-based builds going to the right is a bit of a stretch since at beast you can get a bit of life and attack speed.
For ES is okay since you need CI and Ghost Reaver anyway and a bit of ES, but I find ES to be too expensive and way harder to get a good amount of ES, meanwhile going HP all you need are Kaom's, spec life, life in every armor you can get easily 7-9K while still maintaining a decent damage.

After tweaking a bit the initials PoB from this thread (found them in a necromancer thread), I can get the APS to 13.33 without sacrificing to much life and/or damage, the only problem I find is resistances take a little hit, but that shouldn't be to hard to fix.

I would like to take advantage of this post to ask a few questions that came out during the theorycrafting: is there some consensus regarding which is best, Unearth - GMP - Combustion or Desecrate - Spell Cascade - Concentrated Effect (this last one I see it everywhere but I don't know what it does to Desecrate... Does the bodies spawn closer so the VD balls appear closer too?

Also, since only VD initial explosion benefits from the AOE, is it really worth to spec AOE nodes in the tree?

So far my ascendancy looks like this:
PlagueBringer,
Corpse Pact,
Essence Glutton (not so sure about this one going life, but I got an Indigon, so it seems BiS)

For the last two points, Commander of Darkness seems okay to patch a bit the resistances, but I've seen people take Mistress of Sacrifice, in my case with Kaom's both chest and boots, I have too little sockets to put stuff so I can't make a CWDT setup to try to automatize the offerings, so its seems pointless (I could change the boots once I find something decent, but I like Unwavering Stance), self casting the offerings seems doable but I don't know if it'll be worth it. Don't really need the extra APS once I hit the cap so, it would be either Bone or Spirit, again don't know if it is worth it.

One last thing regarding the difference between desecrate and unearth, I think the biggest difference is how many balls appear, the damage and how much they scatter, I tried yesterday with Unearth and it was like a long stream of 3-5 balls close together, meanwhile with Detonate Dead is much more balls and they scatter in a large AOE and target whatever they want, dunno if it is relevant or not, it might've been a situation where mobs were positioned in a way that created the long stream visual. I need to get a third PP to make a video without spending 20-40 chromes everytime.

Cheers.

Share your POB for life and ES variation?

Also the biggest advantage of unearth is that you can combust enemies to make them get -19% fire resist. Also unearth damage is noticeable. Casting offering manually is fine. I came from a summoner build so I used to even cast desecrate and offering every 5 or so seconds and got used to it. So just casting bone offering every ~5 seconds is no big deal. The "free" block chance is amazing.

Also are you actually gaining more DPS with more attack speed, when you lose out on 10% penetration AND 20% increased fire damage taken with Xoph?? The nice thing about insane attack speed is that you can throw in bodyswap as the 3rd spell and it'll feel ok for clear and trash mobs (despite now alternating with 3 spells instead of 2).
Last edited by hobbes3k on Sep 12, 2019, 5:49:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info