[3.10] Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead, Uber Elder deathless.

"
gazan1 wrote:
i got recived recently Crown of the Inward Eye with +1 corpse enchant what is your opinion about this helm is swaping with the rare one good choice will lose -9res but the 30% dmg from the 200% life on the tree feels good what can u recommend ?

That helmet is a ok choice. It is similar dps and should be a bit more life with good roll. BUT rare helmet can give resist, which can be replaced with dmg mods on other items, rings especially. So if you plan to push your gear as far, as you can, rare helmet with -fire res is better.
If you would do a different build and stack at least 2 of the 3 stats(life, mana, es), then this helmet would be a very good choice.
Why Spell Cascade for Desecrate? I assume its just the aoe is bigger?
"
jupdub wrote:

To spawn 10 corpses per cast instead of 5.
"
1337fun wrote:
"
jupdub wrote:

To spawn 10 corpses per cast instead of 5.

Ah, I did not see, thank you.

Also, why a bone helmet over Hrimnor? I can't seem to find that it gives more damage unless really expensive mods, or is the tool tip wrong?
"
jupdub wrote:

Also, why a bone helmet over Hrimnor? I can't seem to find that it gives more damage unless really expensive mods, or is the tool tip wrong?

-9 fire res fossil craft on bone helmet is better. And getting the enchant is much easier on a random helmet, then on uniq.
hi there, thanks for this great build,

trying to master it as necromancer, but currently I've got some major dps issues. Could you please answer some questions:

1. I've got a devouring diadem with VD +1 corpse enchant, is it a viable choice with +1 to skills and 20% mana reserv. to socket the herald, anger and zealotry? So we can use EB and save 4 points in sovereingty cluster? I also took zealot's oath to help with energy shield regen so I can reserve 100% mana and don't have any mana issues at all. Or is a bone helmet with -9% fire resist still better?

2. What do you think of using the hungry loop ring as 5 socket meat shield zombie setup as additional defence layer, as well as for more dps, since we already stacked some good +minion damage/as nodes?

3. Don't we use any offerings at all? What do you think of using Leash of oblation maybe with 3 offerings and lvl 1 Cast on dmg taken setup? Or would we waste too many corpses this way? Is there any better choice to trigger offerings?

4. I've got elder gloves with supported lvl20 faster attcks and lvl20 projectile speed, 14% as, life and resists. Is it good ennough or should I still use crafted insanity gloves instead?

thanks!
"
babutian wrote:
hi there, thanks for this great build,

trying to master it as necromancer, but currently I've got some major dps issues. Could you please answer some questions:

1. I've got a devouring diadem with VD +1 corpse enchant, is it a viable choice with +1 to skills and 20% mana reserv. to socket the herald, anger and zealotry? So we can use EB and save 4 points in sovereingty cluster? I also took zealot's oath to help with energy shield regen so I can reserve 100% mana and don't have any mana issues at all. Or is a bone helmet with -9% fire resist still better?

2. What do you think of using the hungry loop ring as 5 socket meat shield zombie setup as additional defence layer, as well as for more dps, since we already stacked some good +minion damage/as nodes?

3. Don't we use any offerings at all? What do you think of using Leash of oblation maybe with 3 offerings and lvl 1 Cast on dmg taken setup? Or would we waste too many corpses this way? Is there any better choice to trigger offerings?

4. I've got elder gloves with supported lvl20 faster attcks and lvl20 projectile speed, 14% as, life and resists. Is it good ennough or should I still use crafted insanity gloves instead?

thanks!

1. Actually i wanted to do a variation of the build with devouring diadem this league, even bough the helmet with enchant. But then decided to do agnostic variant instead, because i found it more interesting. For this build variant a good vaal regalia is superior choice to kaom's heart. Not only it is possible to get more HP, but also resits and 6 sockets, which more then makes up for loss of increased fire damage imo. The helmet is great and synergies well with feast of flesh by supplying good amount of corpses. And should make up for the loss of damage with reduced mana reserved. I dunno if ZO is a good idea, i probably would rather have my life regen. Obviously the tree must be adjusted.

2. I think, they will die, when it is important to have them. Constantly re summoning them will be too annoying. But i never tried that, so only speculating here. Personally i would rather have a good ring with life and dmg.

3. I suggested to use an offering for necromancer. In my agnostic build i didn't used it, because it needed resists from commander of darkness. If i would have gotten better gear, i would respec and use bone or flesh offering. If you want to use all 3 offerings, the non cascade setup for VD may be better. Could loose too much DPS otherwise. I would trigger one offering manually(either bone of flesh), so can have it at max lvl and always on. This way could link both triggered offerings to increased duration. Maybe could do some self damage setup to trigger CwDT, dunno how good it would be. Many possibilities.

4. Insanity crafted gloves will give you far better APS, since it is a multiplier. Gloves with faster attacks mod give better utility by giving you a 5L. Best would be to craft elder fingerless gloves with essence and get faster attacks mod on them as well. Faster proj doesn't really give you anything positive, but increases the mana cost of frenzy, which you actually don't want.
Hey! I really like this build, ever since the poet's pen meta a few league back. Still loving it now, currenly at level 91 with a few ex invested in the build, unfortunately I don't know how to link my items and such, can you help me through discord to what else I can do with this build? Also is Sirus viable?
"
Hey! I really like this build, ever since the poet's pen meta a few league back. Still loving it now, currenly at level 91 with a few ex invested in the build, unfortunately I don't know how to link my items and such, can you help me through discord to what else I can do with this build? Also is Sirus viable?

In general, if it is uber elder viable, then it is also awakener viable, since uber elder is much harder fight. If you keep your gear on your character and leave character tab public in your profile(what you have right now), i can see all the gear and tree.
Last edited by 1337fun on Jan 23, 2020, 6:09:58 AM
Hi there,

Thank you for this awesome build! I have a doubt with the anoint on a rare amulet. What passive are we searching to allocate?

And thank you again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info