[3.16] Lazy Lacerator - Half Block Gladiator

I must say I am having a phenomenal time playing this build right now. Bless OP for the Jewel searches on the trade post. Very helpful in fleshing out this build and really making it feel strong and satisfying. Very well done.
Sincerely,
Crazy Woman
Can you link me to the post with the jewel search
IGN Dareiosh
Hey Man, ive listened to your video guide on this while taking a walk, thanks for this concise guide!

I have a questions that I think werent covered in the video:

1) Regarding Shaper influenced Amulet and Shield regarding their viability or rareness for this build. Amu can give max block and Shield can give Life recovered on hit. Are these too rare to use or too expensive? Life recovery (4-5% i think) on block seems very strong and max block on amu can get some nice life or curse on hit mods.

2) My glad is 94 and I am using this build. Its very tanky and the only thing really threatening it are crazy crits or damage over time.

A way to solve this would be using the Kintsugi Armor which reduces the damage u take by 20% if you have not been hit recently. Damage over time does not hit so it will get reduced by a great amount. Would you consider this a viable chest?

Alternatively I have found this chest which protects me from reflect damage (u can get even more lazy when map rolling :P )

3) Do you have a good place to socket Thread of Hope on the tree? Left besides the templar area can give a good health node and some shield block I think

I am playing this build in SSF and it being SSF doesnt hinder me at all! I found some nice uniques that help with the build, looking for more :)

Looking to find a second anvil to double corrupt the first one. Also I think the Surrender would be a nice shield...

Last edited by berserkingyadis on Jan 21, 2020, 11:19:21 AM
Hey berserkingyadis

Thread of Hope - I socketed it in the Jewel socket next to Golem's Blood. With the very large radius you can pick up Hematophagy, Swift Skewering, Deadly Draw, Spirit Void, Retaliation and Iron Reflexes, all for one passive point only. I didn't take Iron Reflexes as not much benefit.

I was then able to anoint Growth and Decay on The Anvil.

Unfortunately POB does is not able to calculate the five nodes into its stats so the true damage, leech and other figures are higher. This also allowed me to drop the Life and Mana Leech node by Spirit Void and the connecting nodes.

Other things I've learned playing this build:
Circle of Guilt ring can be very powerful
Don't link your heralds to LGOH, their mana reservation will increase and there's no need for them to be linked
Choosing an axe - % increased damage while bleeding makes a big difference
Your block chance in game won't show the extra 8% from Painforged, neither will POB unless you check it in 'Configuration'
Soul of Shakari totally eliminates one possible damage route
Awakened Deadly Ailments is one of the cheapest awakened gems and well worth getting if you can afford
The build can pretty much stand anything with just a little care and the right flasks - T16 no problem. Occasionally I find there's a Metamorph that can be dangerous.

Hope this helps
How much of a defensive loss would be going to 77% max block using a Warlord amulet with +2% to max block, +1 to physical skill gems and potentially life/resists/more dmg? I fell like this has potential for a huge damage boost since the +1 applies to many of our skills.
What's my best option to improveon this axe? I've been using Corroded and Jagged on an ilvl84 Siege Axe with Hunter influence.

Last edited by Goldenhawk07 on Jan 22, 2020, 12:13:53 PM
Hey all! I just compiled an Axe Comparison image for reference. I made 3 perfect Axe's in Path of Building and screenshotted them so you can see which is best.

I will say that Elder Axe's are easier to roll for your first Axe because they can get the supported by Ruthless, Melee Phys or Brutality prefix, which all come with a pretty high Physical % roll with it.

I added it to the gear explained section but I will add it here as well: https://imgur.com/7xKcvY3
For more detailed information, I do beta testing for $75 an hour.
Hi berserkingyadis,

I think Kintsugi would be a good chest. I tried out Loreweave for a bit, but it was kind of trash :P I was thinking of trying to get a chest with +1 curses so I can get vuln on hit somewhere, but that's probably overkill.

I am actually using a shaper shield on my current build:

As you said the life gain on block is great and the 15% mana reservation lets me use an extra aura (skitterbots with Malevolence/Pride in an Essence Worm) which is also pretty huge for damage.

The Surrender shield would be really good too, we block a lot and would get max benefit from it.
"
Gico wrote:
How much of a defensive loss would be going to 77% max block using a Warlord amulet with +2% to max block, +1 to physical skill gems and potentially life/resists/more dmg? I fell like this has potential for a huge damage boost since the +1 applies to many of our skills.

77% block would be fine I think and getting +1 would be very nice, also the extra life and resists from not using Anvil would be a plus as well. Could get some Int here as well maybe.
Hey all,

I leveled to where I'm at with a duel wield lacerate build, but wanted to try this shield as I like the tanky aspect. I respecced last night and if anything, I think I'm more fragile. On normal packs, I'm fine, but it seems like bosses are a lot tougher. The difference is that before I could stand and dps and restore most of my health with leech, and now that doesn't seem to be the case. Can you advise what parts of my gear or build might be holding me back the most? I'm a total noob if it wasn't obvious. :)

Thank you for any help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info