[3.9] Fists of Fire | Boss Killer | Unarmed Cyclone | Cheap [Unique Heavy]

"
SaintCabal wrote:

Luckily, I just found this waiting for me on the market:

Wow, sweet! I'm really not liquid enough to get one of those shields :D

I've been toying around with the shield build a bit and realized that we can get a bit more oomph out of Red Nightmare by switching it's place a bit.
I'm not sure if this helps your quest of min-maxing, but it's an interesting idea. At least on paper.
https://pastebin.com/0RQEaBuE

It does have 3 "wasted" points when using the quiver, but one could just respec them each time into Magmatic Strike or Berserking or another jewel
Last edited by deiga on Oct 29, 2019, 6:16:47 AM
If you stick the Red Nightmare there, where does Transcendent Flesh go? Seems like that move gives up a ton of resists and dps, but in exchange for what? More life nodes?

BTW, I bought this shield for 30c, but I bet you could craft one without spending a too much.
Last edited by SaintCabal on Oct 29, 2019, 1:45:33 PM
"
SaintCabal wrote:
If you stick the Red Nightmare there, where does Transcendent Flesh go? Seems like that move gives up a ton of resists and dps, but in exchange for what? More life nodes?

BTW, I bought this shield for 30c, but I bet you could craft one without spending a too much.

Wow, that's cheap. The cheapest I can find is 3.5 exa https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Blight/z3dGmC4

True, I hadn't thought of Transcendet Flesh, as I haven't quite understood it's usecase yet. On my tree it would give the most bang for buck where you have Lethal Pride right now (which I also can't afford yet)
The Lethal Pride is a huge question mark for me, as PoB doesn't know how to simulate them and I have never owned one, and the Wiki text doesn't really make sense to me :D
So Transcendent Flesh is basically just a huge dps boost via crit multiplier with a little defense. In that particular spot, it provide 3W% phys mitigration and a whooping 56% crit multi. That said, this gem is only useful for a crit setup, and in the case of facebreakers, this necessitates Rigwald's Curse ammy.

And Lethal Pride is a bit of a gamble. It's really a game of buying one, socketing it, seeing if it's any good, and if it's not, then you divine it to get another version, rinse and repeat. Usually once I get a good one, I buy a spare so I can keep divining and then keep whatever is best. They can be pretty OP though, especially if you get a good one.

Have you considered going full crit?

"
SaintCabal wrote:
Seems like that move gives up a ton of resists and dps, but in exchange for what? More life nodes?

Oh, yeah. I didn't answer this. This move would increase the block chance and chance to gain endurance charges from Red Nightmare.

"
SaintCabal wrote:
Have you considered going full crit?

I thought I already was? :D What do think is missing from my build to be full crit?
Ah yes, I see you are. Then you definitely want to take a look at socketing a Transcendent Flesh jewel. Lots of extra dps.
"
SaintCabal wrote:
So Transcendent Flesh is basically just a huge dps boost via crit multiplier with a little defense. In that particular spot, it provide 3W% phys mitigration and a whooping 56% crit multi.

I'm guessing PoB doesn't know how to calculate thew Crit Multiplier? Because for any socket in my tree PoB gives me a DPS decrease and no crit multiplier increase
PoB should be able to include it. If not, you should be able to see the increased dps in-game. Just make sure you are socketing it in the optimal spot (just below Barbarism). Also, make sure you don't have anything that cancels out crit multiplier, like Elemental Overload.
"
SaintCabal wrote:
PoB should be able to include it. If not, you should be able to see the increased dps in-game. Just make sure you are socketing it in the optimal spot (just below Barbarism). Also, make sure you don't have anything that cancels out crit multiplier, like Elemental Overload.

Even when looking at your PoB build and swapping out Transcendent Flesh it doesn't change the Crit Multiplier at all.

My PoB version is 1.4.152

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info