[3.7 Legion] MF Essence Drain/Contagion Monolith Farming Trickster (SC/MF)

"
Draeven76 wrote:
Hey buddy, do you think i can farm burials easily with it ?

I took the build to red maps without much issue, so yea, you can easily do Burials. Just keep in mind that the higher map tier, the more important it is to actually balance resistances.

The reason why I recommend doing Glacier farming, is because ED/Con is far from as fast as a map clearer as a Windripper would be, but ED/Con excels at doing Monoliths, and in Glacier, the Monolith is in the first zone 99% of the time, so it's fast and easy to go in, clear Monolith and run out again to repeat.

For actual map clearing, the build does just fine, but an MF Windripper is objectively a better alternative for that.
hey man, im running this right now, its working well so far but the issue im having is that i cant one shot all the rares.
"
dekkiller wrote:
hey man, im running this right now, its working well so far but the issue im having is that i cant one shot all the rares.

Hard to say exactly what the issue is. Some rares are tougher than others, and require a second of blight channeling on them. Not the biggest issue I've encountered at least.

Or are we talking about pre-released rares?
"
Retarjoe wrote:
"
dekkiller wrote:

Hard to say exactly what the issue is. Some rares are tougher than others, and require a second of blight channeling on them. Not the biggest issue I've encountered at least.

Have the same problem as the guy above, can't one-shot the rares that are not yet released and if i run in the opposite direction (without knowing where they are) I lose them.

Any way to boost the DPS even further? I mean for the price of an empower isn't it better to buy a bow or better wand or something?

Thanks :) The build is fun so far, except this little annoying details where I Can't unlock all of them.
"
Stephen3000 wrote:
"
Retarjoe wrote:
"
dekkiller wrote:

Have the same problem as the guy above, can't one-shot the rares that are not yet released and if i run in the opposite direction (without knowing where they are) I lose them.

Any way to boost the DPS even further? I mean for the price of an empower isn't it better to buy a bow or better wand or something?

Thanks :) The build is fun so far, except this little annoying details where I Can't unlock all of them.

Well, you're running Sentari's Answer, which loses you a lot of dmg and AoE. AoE might be the issue, since you should be able to reach a full monolith with the setup I suggest. And I don't think the additional 8% quant is worth sacrificing the AoE and dmg for.

The quality of your gems also improves your dmg quite a bit. A single 20% qual gem might not seem like a big dmg boost, but if you max out all your gems, it will be a significant difference. Also, a lvl 4 empower is huge for ED, so I'd recommend that as well if you can afford it.

I don't like the bow version for ED/Con for this particular strategy, simply because you will be much slower without shield charging, as well as Zeel's and Breath being so cheap, having a high dmg bow simply isn't worth it for Glacier farm.

But for a Wand, I listed a more expensive alternative in the gear breakdown section. Basically a multicrafted T1 Chaos multi wand would be a big damage boost. But again, as you've seen in my clip, popping full monoliths is not an issue with the items I recommend, so I can't justify the cost of that wand for Glacier farm.
Last edited by Retarjoe on Jul 13, 2019, 3:52:13 PM
"
Retarjoe wrote:
"
dekkiller wrote:

The Legion mobs pretty much, the side i start on and cast ED+cont doesnt instant kill all the rares, but maybe its because I don't have 6L QOTF?

Im considering swapping to carcass jack maybe to make it faster but im not sure honestly.
"
dekkiller wrote:
"
Retarjoe wrote:
"
dekkiller wrote:

The Legion mobs pretty much, the side i start on and cast ED+cont doesnt instant kill all the rares, but maybe its because I don't have 6L QOTF?

Im considering swapping to carcass jack maybe to make it faster but im not sure honestly.

Swapping away from Queen of the Forest defeats the whole purpose of the build. We build around QotF specifically, while adding in quant gear.

But the thing I told Stephen above, pretty much applies to you as well.
For ED, gems are huge, especially lvl 4 empower, so if you don't have it, I suggest you pick it up if you lack damage. Also, make sure you reach all the keynodes for damage I've listed as they are our only source of scaling damage from the tree.
Method to the Madness
Growth and Decay
Atrophy
Corruption

Those a long with the 6L ED setup should be enough to kill most rares in the monolith.

Also, I suggest starting in the middle of the monolith with the spread, and then run in a circle to clear up the stragglers. It's very rare for me that I don't pop a full monolith this way.
Last edited by Retarjoe on Jul 13, 2019, 7:27:10 PM

great build but doesn't always clear things too far away from my screen, though i think its just a contagion thing
"
Sharpy033 wrote:

great build but doesn't always clear things too far away from my screen, though i think its just a contagion thing

Or it has something to do with monsters and effects not actually "being" there when too far away.

Imagine for example bloodline bearers. The ones that spawn a big circle of death when killed. If you kill them and move too far away, the bearers don't dispatch until you get close again. This is because the game does not provide resource to them, since you are too far away for them to have an effect anyway, and only load them in once you get close again to save resource for important stuff and not strain your PC too much. Same goes for monsters, they game knows they are there, but doesn't actually load them in until you get close. You can have all the AoE in the world and still not be able to hit a full monolith sometimes.

What you can do tho, is once you click the monolith, you rush to either end side of it and start your ED/Contagion there, say you run to the far left monster of the monolith and combo that, you then just rush to the right side as fast as possible while your contagion spreads, and you should get the whole monolith.

That is too much work for me tho, I just stand in the middle, do my combo and run in a circle, never felt it to be an issue.

On the other hand, if it happens often for you, I would consider getting more Area of Effect. I noticed you're not using either Zeel's nor Breath, both of which gives AoE.

Edit: Another thing I would do, is to not kill the mobs close or around the Monolith before popping it, just so I had more targets for Contagion to spread to.
Last edited by Retarjoe on Jul 14, 2019, 1:51:48 AM
"
Retarjoe wrote:
"
Sharpy033 wrote:

Or it has something to do with monsters and effects not actually "being" there when too far away.

Imagine for example bloodline bearers. The ones that spawn a big circle of death when killed. If you kill them and move too far away, the bearers don't dispatch until you get close again. This is because the game does not provide resource to them, since you are too far away for them to have an effect anyway, and only load them in once you get close again to save resource for important stuff and not strain your PC too much. Same goes for monsters, they game knows they are there, but doesn't actually load them in until you get close. You can have all the AoE in the world and still not be able to hit a full monolith sometimes.

What you can do tho, is once you click the monolith, you rush to either end side of it and start your ED/Contagion there, say you run to the far left monster of the monolith and combo that, you then just rush to the right side as fast as possible while your contagion spreads, and you should get the whole monolith.

That is too much work for me tho, I just stand in the middle, do my combo and run in a circle, never felt it to be an issue.

On the other hand, if it happens often for you, I would consider getting more Area of Effect. I noticed you're not using either Zeel's nor Breath, both of which gives AoE.

Edit: Another thing I would do, is to not kill the mobs close or around the Monolith before popping it, just so I had more targets for Contagion to spread to.

Yeah it's what i figured (how things get unloaded when you're too far) however i don't think it applies to vaal ice nova. i may just be looking in the wrong places but every glacier clip with ice nova fully clears the monolith

the end side and circling around the middle strat is actually what I do but still don't manage to get everything. my dps on ED is around 106k and contagion has 150% AOE modifier so im not completely sure if its too low or not , it seems pretty big to me. ty for the thoughtful reply as well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info