[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Scion - up to 5M Shaper DPS, 10k ES, 5k+ ES recovery/s

Is there a consensus as to what the best ascendancy options are? If I can afford a fortify on hit mjolnir, is champion redundant?

Thanks
"
Martingale7 wrote:
Is there a consensus as to what the best ascendancy options are? If I can afford a fortify on hit mjolnir, is champion redundant?

No. First of all, I want to emphasize that this build is very strong regardless of the ascendancy choice, so don't be nervous too much! My recommendation is the following:
-If you prefer offensive style, go to assassin + champion. You don't need fortify on hit Mjolner obviously.
-If you prefer defensive style, go to assassin + gladiator. You need fortify on hit Mjolner this time.

Additionally, if you want more area coverage, use Dying Sun instead of Wise Oak. I tried this yesterday and liked it.

So I'm getting close to getting this build online, could someone explain why Unnatural Instinct jewel is so good where it's at near the starting point? I'm not smart when it comes to stuff like this, so I'm probably just not understanding but 3 exalted seems like a lot for what it's giving us.
"
Fikison wrote:
So I'm getting close to getting this build online, could someone explain why Unnatural Instinct jewel is so good where it's at near the starting point? I'm not smart when it comes to stuff like this, so I'm probably just not understanding but 3 exalted seems like a lot for what it's giving us.

What it gives is the following:
-52 strength. This is very useful to equip Mjolner. You also get 10-12% increased ES.
-9% movement speed. Don't underestimate this. Cyclone gives you 30% less movement speed, so you really want to compensate for that.
-13% attack speed. It's hard to take AS nodes from the passive tree, so this is very good, too.
-24% accuracy rating. We need this to cap our hit chance.
-other minor stuff.

You can play this build without Unnatural Instinct if you get enough strength from your gear. However, I highly recommend you use it.
Loving this build so far, up to level 88 with it. Don't die very often and pretty much kill everything. But the clear speed feels slow. Like really slow. When I proc a legion event, I might as well get close to everything to cyclone as the balls take forever to cross the screen. Any tips for speeding up clear speed?
"
Priestxes wrote:
Loving this build so far, up to level 88 with it. Don't die very often and pretty much kill everything. But the clear speed feels slow. Like really slow. When I proc a legion event, I might as well get close to everything to cyclone as the balls take forever to cross the screen. Any tips for speeding up clear speed?

1. This build is melee, so you have to get close enough to kill enemies.
2. You need "increased movement speed during flask effect" mod on quick silver flask. Try to get a good roll here. Recommended quick silver flask is shown below.

3. If you need more clear speed, consider using Dying Sun. You can also replace elemental focus support with increased area of effect support, though you lose a lot of single target damage.

Thanks for the tips, upgrading my flask helped it a bit, also i swapped out ball lighting on the three link and repalced it with wave of conviction21/23 with ice bite(frenzy charges) and phys to lightening, it feels so much better this way!
Last edited by Priestxes on Jul 11, 2019, 6:56:21 PM
Updated the guide according to the feedback from you guys. I appreciate all the feedback!

After some testing, I found that gladiator ascendancy was slightly better because our damage is more than enough. I also tried Dying Sun to use +2 projectiles. This increased my clear speed a bit, but the difference is not that big. I think that killing threatening enemies (Generals, Syndicate members) as quickly as possible is more important than having slightly increased clear speed. Therefore, I decided not to use Dying Sun. Dying Sun should be a good choice if you are farming in low-tier maps.
What would you suggest if I have a Mjolnir with 3x blue and fortify. Been searching and corrupting a ton now. And can't seem to get 2x blue and 1 green?
"
Jialen wrote:
What would you suggest if I have a Mjolnir with 3x blue and fortify. Been searching and corrupting a ton now. And can't seem to get 2x blue and 1 green?

You should be able to change the color by using "at least one green socket" option in your craft bench. If you can't, that's probably because you don't have the crafting recipe. In that case, I can craft for you. Just whisper me in game, my character name is CoCBallLightning.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info