[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Scion - up to 5M Shaper DPS, 10k ES, 5k+ ES recovery/s

I've been using this build to try out some deeper Delving. I hadn't gone much beyond floor like 150 or so prior to this, but since this league has been pretty trash, I decided to see what it was all about. Currently sitting at around floor 615 and not seeing a need to stop yet.

I've been tweaking the gear around...

...and the passive tree as well. I swapped away from the Mark of the Shaper to make use of the Power Charge Precursor's. I wanted the Arcane Surge mod for some QoL and because I didn't particularly like Vortex in the build; despite being technically "smoother" than a lot of other options in that I didn't have to stop spinning to cast it, Arcane Surge was 90% of what it was accomplishing for me. I really needed more consistent cursing to help slice through the far chunkier mobs in the deeper layers of the mine.

I experimented with a few things; the one that actually felt best was using a "lv 5 Conductivity on Hit" ring that drops from specific Delve nodes:

...or a Shaper ring with Assassin's Mark:

...but the Conductivity rings are rather difficult to find with good mods, since picking them up in the specific Delve node is literally the only way to get the curse mod, and the Assassin's Mark just wasn't good enough. After playing around in PoB for a few hours, I was able to squeeze a decent chunk more DPS out of the Precursor's than the Mark with some swapping on tree for more focus on Power Charges.

CWDT - Storm Brand - CoH - Conductivity doesn't feel quite as good as the ring did, but it does the job better than Vortex, and it's entirely automatic. It's entirely possible I'll end up going back to the Conductivity rings, now that I have a suffix slot open on my body armor for the spider aspect, but I'll almost certainly end up taking a hit in my DPS, ES, and/or resists to do it.
@wolfkstaag
Thank you for posting a comment here. So, you didn't get any damage mods on your shield or helmet. Is this because in deeper delve you want more ES rather than more damage?

How about doing "prefixes cannot be changed"/scouring/multimod on your shield and body armour? You might be able to gain more ES. I'm not sure if you can cap your resists though. Here are some examples:
Yooooo, i'm rlly havin a blast with this Build atm. I sticked to the scion version and already pumped like 25-30 ex in it. It's my 3rd Build of the League and by far the best i played (atleast for me :P).

I followed the guidelines except for the Bandits (from an earlier Build i picked 2 skillpoints instead of alira, and i was just too lazy until this point). I feel like i dont need Alira, i'm always @max Power Charges and my resists are fine. Would u yet recommend to pick alira?

Also i'm lvl 95, close to 96 and i'd like to see ur opinion on the last 6 points. With the 2 extra Points from Bandits i picked Harrier, down the scion starting area.

Also im trying to get rid of Efficient Training. I couldn't get any strength rolls on my rare pieces so far, working on a Talisman atm, but i have 1 big Strength node open. As soon as i can grab an attribute Talisman i'll try to replace Efficient Training.

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!

P.S.: Would Pain Attunement be an option?
Last edited by Ohboi on Oct 11, 2019, 10:03:08 AM
The shield could probably stand to be upgraded; I focused on ES early on and have only recently started scaling it back somewhat for damage as hits become less and less survivable in the Delve for any amount of ES.

As for the body armor, I guess I could, but I've never done any crafting at this level. Seems like a lot of investment for a relatively minimal amount of gain.
"
Ohboi wrote:

I followed the guidelines except for the Bandits (from an earlier Build i picked 2 skillpoints instead of alira, and i was just too lazy until this point). I feel like i dont need Alira, i'm always @max Power Charges and my resists are fine. Would u yet recommend to pick alira?

So far you have no difficulty capping resists because your rare pieces have no strength roll. Because both strength and resists are suffix mods, once you start getting strength from your gear you will suffer a lot to cap your resists. So I would recommend you to help Alira after you upgrade your gear.

In this league, the best amulet anointment is tranquility (5% increased ES + about 120% increased damage), so you want to use it if you are pushing this build further. To make a talisman with tranquility, you have to anoint an amulet first, but the anointment itself costs more than 2 ex. In my opinion this is too much a cost, and I wouldn't recommend it. Probably it's better for you to use something like these to get strength:

As an assassin I needed all of these to get rid of efficient training and the utmost might anointment, but you won't need all of these because of the Lethal Pride + Unnatural Instinct combo.

"
Ohboi wrote:

Also i'm lvl 95, close to 96 and i'd like to see ur opinion on the last 6 points. With the 2 extra Points from Bandits i picked Harrier, down the scion starting area.

I don't think Harrier is good because you attack faster than the cooldown of CoC or Mjolner now. You are most likely losing DPS by taking that node. My recommendation is to get the jewel socket near Minion Instability (3 points), Instability (2 points, damage), Soul Thief (3 points, ES), or Light Eater (3 points, ES leech rate). Choose what you think is necessary.

"
Ohboi wrote:

P.S.: Would Pain Attunement be an option?

Because you are using the CI keystone, you are not in low life unless you are dead.
"
wolfkstaag wrote:
The shield could probably stand to be upgraded; I focused on ES early on and have only recently started scaling it back somewhat for damage as hits become less and less survivable in the Delve for any amount of ES.

As for the body armor, I guess I could, but I've never done any crafting at this level. Seems like a lot of investment for a relatively minimal amount of gain.

OK, thanks for the reply. Yeah, my suggestion is pretty much luxury crafting and not worth it unless you are super rich.
guys im getting an issue that i can't activate my discipline.
Zealotry etc i can activate.
everything except Discipline.

Someone advice for this?
I bought all the items etc for it.
"
caspaas wrote:

Someone advice for this?

Well...Maybe your gem level of precision is too high. Use level 1 precision.
Or, you missed a reduced mana reservation node in the passive tree.
yeah i found them but no avail alas.

maybe i can share my page ?
"
N0esy wrote:
"
caspaas wrote:

Someone advice for this?

Well...Maybe your gem level of precision is too high. Use level 1 precision.
Or, you missed a reduced mana reservation node in the passive tree.

my page

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAJfAwQNfA_EEQ8RUBVQFy8YVhzcHRQnqSj6KU8spiy_LR8tqC9vL9o3gzsNO3w8BUQlSU9JUUyzUEJTDlM1V8lca19qYN5mVGaeaHRqG2vIbRlwUnC7fq9_xoIegpuCx4RIhXuH1onTjDaMdo0ZjmSPGo9Gj_qQ1pMnlKCVIJctl5WX9Jitm6GePJ_foS-io6QMpjKm66cIpyuocqyYrv-vfLFbtvq3Mbc4t9a4k7jKuZO8qr6AvorAZsHFwfPDCcNt0B_Q0NWm10rYTdkT2V_aYttZ3YzgEuNi6-7r9ewY7Djv6_DV8h31-vd996b3wffX-ej60v6z?accountName=caspaas&characterName=Zerrae

Hopefully you can see whats wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info