[3.11] Bowcaster Fireball Deadeye - Now for staves!

"
"
Knuckledust13 wrote:
Hey man, great job on putting together the build!

I was just wondering, do you think it would translate well into going double Beltimbers instead of bow+quiver?

I managed to put together a PoB with 2m realistic deeps using yours as a base, what do you think?

https://pastebin.com/bhrxsm2J

Afaik we are trying to stack chains so that we take advantage of the ranger ascendancy, and get huge clear. with beltimbers, we lose 1 chain and you lose the +3 to gems from the bow. you could still use a 6L chest for fireball, but getting as many extra levels on fireball is important to maximize the DPS.

it probably would feel good, but the clear speed would be lower and the top end DPS, and i personally dont think its the best setup for the skill(s)

edit:

your setup also does not use GMP/LMP - so the clear is even lower. that is why the DPS is quite high.

The setup doesn't need GMP because 2 Beltimbers give +4 projectiles. I'm sitting at 1 less chain and same amount of projectiles.

Because we can use another big deeps link instead of GMP, I think the DPS potential is equivalent to bow + quiver while also being much cheaper to build. I don't think clear speed would suffer too much from losing 1 chain from the quiver.

This is all in theory, obviously. I much appreciate the input of those who have tried something similar or have any inputs.
Fun and interesting build.

Yet another build that gets destroyed by porcupines and I've never felt a hatred for prox bubbles so much.

I have some areas to improve for sure - finding that Hubris or something close will be tough. The Diadem is going to be rough, although probably not required it'd be nice. And +1 chain on a decent quiver is going to be the hardest part.

Any tips appreciated!
Really enjoying the build man! Just threw it together on my char and the dmg is nuts. Min-Maxing has a lot of room to grow, which is nice.
There has previously been a Beltimber fireball build shared by Fast AF on youtube. I wasn't aware of it at the time I started on this build, but some people have mentioned it and clearly there are similarities. It may be possible to make a hybrid of the two. One of the things that isn't possible with Beltimber is a gem swap from GMP to slower projectiles on bosses, so that's worth keeping in mind. If you want to get high single target damage on bosses without overlapping explosions, a bow with +gem levels will win out by a good margin.

"
Knuckledust13 wrote:
"
"
Knuckledust13 wrote:

I was just wondering, do you think it would translate well into going double Beltimbers instead of bow+quiver?

I managed to put together a PoB with 2m realistic deeps using yours as a base, what do you think?

Afaik we are trying to stack chains so that we take advantage of the ranger ascendancy, and get huge clear. with beltimbers, we lose 1 chain and you lose the +3 to gems from the bow. you could still use a 6L chest for fireball, but getting as many extra levels on fireball is important to maximize the DPS.

it probably would feel good, but the clear speed would be lower and the top end DPS, and i personally dont think its the best setup for the skill(s)

edit:

your setup also does not use GMP/LMP - so the clear is even lower. that is why the DPS is quite high.

The setup doesn't need GMP because 2 Beltimbers give +4 projectiles. I'm sitting at 1 less chain and same amount of projectiles.

Because we can use another big deeps link instead of GMP, I think the DPS potential is equivalent to bow + quiver while also being much cheaper to build. I don't think clear speed would suffer too much from losing 1 chain from the quiver.

This is all in theory, obviously. I much appreciate the input of those who have tried something similar or have any inputs.
"
Knuckledust13 wrote:

You've used 5-7 too many points to be called reasonable. Cutting those results in a pretty much identical 1.7m, with 400 less life, and some of the pathing is questionable.

Needs some work.
Last edited by Zyrixion on Jul 5, 2019, 9:57:44 PM
So just hit level 68 and started mapping, build is still pretty scabbed together to say the best, I destroy packs but single target is just awful. I've seen your videos, I KNOW it's there, what am I missing/doing wrong/need?
"
nazeroth77 wrote:
So just hit level 68 and started mapping, build is still pretty scabbed together to say the best, I destroy packs but single target is just awful. I've seen your videos, I KNOW it's there, what am I missing/doing wrong/need?

gem levels(lots of dmg in this), cast speed, spell damage, passive tree a lot of fire dmg nodes (witch top part) u didnt take
Last edited by duabijitelur on Jul 6, 2019, 2:49:34 AM
"
duabijitelur wrote:
"
nazeroth77 wrote:

gem levels(lots of dmg in this), cast speed, spell damage, passive tree a lot of fire dmg nodes (witch top part) u didnt take

Thank you, I've started to work up towards that Witch node and I've always got a better bow :3. What should my merc lab priority be?
for me its tailwind -> far shot -> chain -> +1 projectile last
Is it worth getting a +1 gem/+2 fire bow for 2 ex? Is it a significant DPS loss in comparison to +2 supported gems? Not sure if I'm doing it right but it looks to be about -4% DPS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info