Aegis Aurora EK marauder (HC, very beginner unfriendly build)

I feel like I'm sitting on the most powerful and broken build in the game so I thought I'd share it.

None of the EK builds posted here seemed quite right to me so I made my own. It ended up exceeding even my wildest expectations.

This build is extremely gear dependant, not only will you need Aegis Aurora but getting the required dex/int can be tricky to get as well (I have about +70 dex from gloves & 1 ring and I'd still need more to max out Bear Trap).

The idea is simply to have max block, high armor and a sizeable ES buffer, while still maintaining a good amount of life for when shit hits the fan (and of course for casting your EK).

You want block cap and the maximum amount of it (62%) applied to spells.

The end result is that you will pretty much be immortal to anything but chaos damage as long as you're blocking something. Chaos damage is not really an issue either since you have high HP and max block (most sources of chaos damage are blockable)

Auras : Hatred, Determination, Tempest Shield are no brainers, the last one can be any of the remaining 40% reserve auras depending on the situation. It's also crucial that you use Discipline, leveled as high as possible, with blood magic. Aegis Aurora and Discipline will give you all the ES you need (although max ES on rings/belt never hurts).

The build:

Gameplay video:
http://www.twitch.tv/gcdhack/b/377953305 (i had OBS muted by accident for this, sorry for no sound)

My gear:

IGN : asdfman
Last edited by asdfman on Mar 15, 2013, 5:26:31 AM
Added the gameplay video, that should give you an idea what it's all about. Sadly I didn't have any harder maps than 68 but I've done up to 72 rares and nothing really changed, still able to run into any room blindly and very rarely take any hp damage. Note that my EK is only lvl 17 here, damage will be going up quite a bit later.
IGN : asdfman

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info