[3.9] Fire BV Chieftain | All content | Delve 600+ | Fast , Tanky, 5M+ Shaper DPS | Possible starter

I feel like I get one shot way too often. Where does your "tankiness" come from?
@shalyana : Did you socketed lvl 1 gems ?
If so, that would explain why the DPS is terrible. You may use a secondary weapon set to level them up a bit.

@ApoCalipsEZA : High life pool & phy/elem resist mitigation combined with life leech. Then your best friend is Vaal Molten Shell especially vs Legion/Immortal Syndicate.

@coaa : Thank you a lot :)
"
Kobalk wrote:
@shalyana : Did you socketed lvl 1 gems ?
If so, that would explain why the DPS is terrible. You may use a secondary weapon set to level them up a bit.
@coaa : Thank you a lot :)

Not sure what it was tbh - but I reached lvl65ish now and everything has smoothed out quite a bit!

Still feel a bit squishy, but that might just be 'cause I started doing maps @lvl61 and my fire res was at 3%. ;)

Q: I am probably too new to POE to really understand it, but why are we going with a bow? I'd love to use a 1h/shield combo, but lack the knowledge to make the right adjustments.

Great work, keep it up!

Cheers.
-S
Last edited by shalyana on Aug 12, 2019, 7:51:23 AM
You'll be lucky if you don't take some oneshots with these kind of res :P

We are going with a bow for 3 reasons : 6L on the weapon with +x level to gems (each gem level is a huge increase for blade vortex) , kaom armor and the quiver which allow us to get 100% fire conversion with the ascendancy.

It may be possible to theorycraft a good 1H+shield build but it'll be really different from this one.
Maybe by using Chernobog's Pillar & gloves with 25% fire conversion, new gems setup with fortify, another set of potions etc... More tankiness maybe at the cost of a lot of damage (I guess) and clear speed. Not sure though, maybe I'll take a look later if I can find more time.
"
Kobalk wrote:
You'll be lucky if you don't take some oneshots with these kind of res :P

We are going with a bow for 3 reasons : 6L on the weapon with +x level to gems (each gem level is a huge increase for blade vortex) , kaom armor and the quiver which allow us to get 100% fire conversion with the ascendancy.

It may be possible to theorycraft a good 1H+shield build but it'll be really different from this one.
Maybe by using Chernobog's Pillar & gloves with 25% fire conversion, new gems setup with fortify, another set of potions etc... More tankiness maybe at the cost of a lot of damage (I guess) and clear speed. Not sure though, maybe I'll take a look later if I can find more time.

Thanks a lot for taking your time to respond in detail like this. ;)

Yeah, I have long since upgraded my resistances and am sitting nicely @100%+ for each in case I run a map that lowers max. res values.

Totally understand why you go for a bow in your build. Will try to hunt around /trade for a suiting one.

Found a 1h+Shield build somewhere on the forums, but it is from 3.4 (I think) and only includes the POB, without any recommendations for items, upgrades, etc. Guess I'll stick with the bow version for now.

EDIT: still feel pretty squishy though to be honest. Running T5 maps at the moment and sometimes die in less than a second when warping through packs. 4.5k life. Not sure why.

EDIT2: I just noticed that, according to your POB, that you are sitting @20k armour. Compared that to my current stat and I got... 900. Can you tell me where that diff may come from, not counting the chestpiece?
Last edited by shalyana on Aug 13, 2019, 11:50:24 AM
"
shalyana wrote:
EDIT: still feel pretty squishy though to be honest. Running T5 maps at the moment and sometimes die in less than a second when warping through packs. 4.5k life. Not sure why.

EDIT2: I just noticed that, according to your POB, that you are sitting @20k armour. Compared that to my current stat and I got... 900. Can you tell me where that diff may come from, not counting the chestpiece?

It is covered in the flasks section :)
The granite flask should be your next buy if you don't own one already.
Hi, seems like a nice build. Will try it in SSF, as soon as I unlock the +2support..

I have a questions. Did you consider the +LGoH with spell shaped rings? I feel that with full stacks, you hit so often that it has a similar effect like the LGoH with prenerfed molten strike. Also, with the right set of fossils, its not too difficult to hit that mod with the shaper spell damage, which would compensate the dmg from the "mark of the shaper"
"
Kobalk wrote:

It is covered in the flasks section :)
The granite flask should be your next buy if you don't own one already.

Oh shoosh... I haven't really paid too much attention to flasks yet in PoE, asside from health, Quicksilver + mana. ;) Guess I should take a closer look indeed!

Thanks!

So I am using slightly different version of this build and I need your opinion on how to improve much further.

1 - Using Xoph blood for fire conversion so no bow and quiver. Usign two handed staff.

2 - Also added unnatural instinct on top left side of scion wheel.
3 - Also didn't take Hinekora deaths fury instead took Tawhowa forest strength.

What can improved other than rings as they can be improved. Is weapon any good or should I switch to different setup.

Hello, what do you think about this build with the changes in 3.8 and would it be a devent starter for blight league?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info