[3.9] Fire BV Chieftain | All content | Delve 600+ | Fast , Tanky, 5M+ Shaper DPS | Possible starter

Whats with the jump in passive tree/POB of level 86, to 100? Getting 86 is easy, 100 not so much.

95 is the "softcap" you should aim for and call complete. Not 86...not 100.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 27, 2020, 2:31:55 AM
Relly nice build, got Sirus with not yet complete build - awesome! Thank you, really enjoing the game right now (PS4)
Is this viable as a league starter and how would you do it?

I have tried switching to bv at 12, but the dps is to low compared to sunder or others.

Any tips here, or is it better to wait for later?
I started leveling with Ground Slam, and change to vaal BV right after first Lab.
In this approach only problems u have are in second half of Act 3, when ground slam falls off, and BV is still too weak.
"
NetDevil wrote:
Is this viable as a league starter and how would you do it?

I have tried switching to bv at 12, but the dps is to low compared to sunder or others.

Any tips here, or is it better to wait for later?

I love love love this build but as starter for 'D'? NO, without explodey gloves or chest, forget it. IF you want to start chief you almost need to go totems and switch later. You can also do fire cyclone with Chief. Conc path, purifying flame, etc. also decent
If clear speed is an issue with no explodey chest or gloves then bladeblast might help the build a lot, right?
"
Akbir wrote:
If clear speed is an issue with no explodey chest or gloves then bladeblast might help the build a lot, right?

From what I understand, you explode all instances of BV sequentially with blade blast. So it would need to be supported with unleash, kind of counter productive to clear speed.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't league start with this, other than early game clear speed until you get the gloves. The bow is easy to get, now easier than last league since you can alt spam a shaper bow, and the quiver is normally ~15c.
Is this build updated for 3.10?
"
pkpip wrote:
"
Akbir wrote:

From what I understand, you explode all instances of BV sequentially with blade blast. So it would need to be supported with unleash, kind of counter productive to clear speed.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't league start with this, other than early game clear speed until you get the gloves. The bow is easy to get, now easier than last league since you can alt spam a shaper bow, and the quiver is normally ~15c.

The bow is not easy to get. I have alt spammed ilvl 83 shaper bow with at least 2 ex worth of alts and i've only seen the socketed skills deal more attack damage mod. I've seen it at least 7 times without seeing spell damage once. I'm not even sure the mod exists on bows any more. Also even if the mod did exists it would require an ilvl 83 shaper bow which means you would have to 6 link it yourself rather than already buying a 6 linked bow making it actually a lot more expensive even though you can theoretically alt-spam the mod.

On top of all of this, I've been searching path of exile/trade and have yet to see the mod on a bow for sale at all.
Last edited by Theeuser on Mar 17, 2020, 5:59:08 AM
Atm "the bow" for this build cannot be crafted anymore as far as im concerned.

After the massive fossil nerfs in 3.10 the "socketed skills deal 20% more spell damage" mod that used to be on Aetheric fossil has been moved to the Shaper influence. However after having the market on live search for the mod specifically on a bow for 3 days straight, refresh poedb.tw(if u go to Bows the mod is not there but on other bases it is) on daily basis there are no results, but one handers and staves can roll the mod.

So right now as of 17th of march, this mod cannot exist on bows anymore, shaper influence or not due to either intended nerfing or a bug.

In this gearing setup, this build lost a flat out 20% multiplicative damage increase.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info