PS4 version is nearly unplayable in the end-game

"
"
jprg003 wrote:

It's not a hardware issue. I forced the game to run on 480p on a ps4 slim and there are still stutters and freezes during gameplay. There is no reason a ps4 to not be able to run any game in 480p and this game can't run well at all on 480-fucknp. It's a combination of the bad servers and it being a shit port.

This game is absolutely shittily the worst performing game i've ever played on the ps4.

It has nothing to do with graphics. Programs are more than pictures. It's actually a pretty good port, but the game is trying to make PS4 process 10,000 things at once, which it can't do well.

I have played countless games on the ps4. None have played as poorly as this game does. This isn't necessarily a hardware issue. The game was shoddily ported to the consoles. I can go play PoE on my old ass laptop with specs worse than a base ps4, and play almost pristine as long as i drop the settings to the lowest possible. It is a terrible port that is complicated by equally horrible servers.
Last edited by jprg003 on Jul 18, 2019, 9:12:49 PM
I can not remember the last game I played where your progression late game is based off if you crash or not. Jumping into a map or a group of enemies and blue screening and loosing 30mins to an hours worth of experience because your character can still die is such a kick in the balls. It is getting very difficult to say this game is still worth playing and for sure not worth spending any more money on with zero improvements.
"
Kinokee wrote:
The game was pretty alright playing casually through Acts 1-10. Kitava was kind of laggy and could just murder me if I wasn't able to move right, otherwise, it was pretty alright.

However, late-game with breaches, dudes who burrow on the ground, infinite spawning crap, some delve events and map specific bs, I can't play without crashing.

I use a ps4 pro and I drop to about 5FPS during delve events or mobby battles. I drop to about 2-3FPS during breaches and infinite spawn bs.
The breaches I can recover from because they despawn eventually and so my framerate picks back up.
That infinite spawning bs on some maps will just crash me if I get too close though.
Even worse, as a Necro I can't even summon my full army without the worry of crashing or getting so laggy I just die from being unable to move.

It's not only these that crash me either. Playing with a friend, we average 6-7 crashes a night of playing 2-3 hours. I've never seen a game so unstable. I can live with arguably the worst menu control scheme, menu operations, and the general lack of intuitive information in any UI or UX experience but... losing progress on maps, losing portals to maps because I'm crashing so much, and being unable to play the features you guys designed for the end game spenders, is probably on par with some of the worst experience I've ever played this generation. I want to spend to support but it can't be justified if I can't even play the game.

Please throw away your sense of pride on being not Diablo, and copy Diablo's PS4 menu controls because yours are worse than any other MMO I have ever played. Also, give people the option to make use of their PS4 Pro by preferring framerate. Also, give people the option to downscale their resolutions. I'd play with geometry war graphics if it meant I could clear content.

The game has become so unreliable I have lost 90% of my interest and stopped trying to persuade my friends to play. I've gone from actively promoting the game to telling people to burn the thought of playing on PS4 because they will hate it after reaching the end-game.

edit: I just realized I posted in the wrong bug section

Any way to up vote this discussion and get these problems fixed? Because I love this game but I can't stand the fps and lag
The game plays suprisingly well with the controller and the control scheme is not terrible, you can defineteley live with whats on offer.

What is totally unacceptable tho is the constant BSOD, I cant get a session without getting a few, its ridicolous. The second one is performance that makes any of the late content unplayable.

I guess it depends on what you're playing, you might also be over-geared to the point that it doesnt matter for you, but for my 80ish character taht rely on speed and avoidance to survive certain encounters the most interesting content and one that would grant me much needed upgrades is unplayable.

Oh and there is stil the resync issue, where Im being teleported back, usually with a fatal outcome as I cant react to something that is not happeninig on my screen... I dont tend to die a lot around corners so it somewhat got better but man its annoying.

I really enjoy playing the game so its sad seeing it in such state.
"
"
jprg003 wrote:

It's not a hardware issue. I forced the game to run on 480p on a ps4 slim and there are still stutters and freezes during gameplay. There is no reason a ps4 to not be able to run any game in 480p and this game can't run well at all on 480-fucknp. It's a combination of the bad servers and it being a shit port.

This game is absolutely shittily the worst performing game i've ever played on the ps4.

It has nothing to do with graphics. Programs are more than pictures. It's actually a pretty good port, but the game is trying to make PS4 process 10,000 things at once, which it can't do well.

What kind of nonsense is that? If GGG severely lowered the quality of shadows and narrowed down the immense number of items that drops. What is the point of dropping close to a hundred items and most,if not all, is junk?
"
Segas9k wrote:
"
"
jprg003 wrote:

What kind of nonsense is that? If GGG severely lowered the quality of shadows and narrowed down the immense number of items that drops. What is the point of dropping close to a hundred items and most,if not all, is junk?

It is a more complicated game then those two things calculation wise, Accuracy crit etc.
My guess is that ggg refuse to do much for the console because then the pc users would start demanding the same.
This leaves the game in a semi broken state with lethal desync, and performance making 50% of builds unplayable in endgame.
Path of Crashing. I'm seriously sick of blue screens and the FPS at end game. My craptop could was more stable and achieve almost the same frame rate. The PS4 is unstable and poorly realised and optimised. Still I'm optimistic i'll improve but in the meanwhile I'm saving up for desktop.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info