PS4 version is nearly unplayable in the end-game

The game was pretty alright playing casually through Acts 1-10. Kitava was kind of laggy and could just murder me if I wasn't able to move right, otherwise, it was pretty alright.

However, late-game with breaches, dudes who burrow on the ground, infinite spawning crap, some delve events and map specific bs, I can't play without crashing.

I use a ps4 pro and I drop to about 5FPS during delve events or mobby battles. I drop to about 2-3FPS during breaches and infinite spawn bs.
The breaches I can recover from because they despawn eventually and so my framerate picks back up.
That infinite spawning bs on some maps will just crash me if I get too close though.
Even worse, as a Necro I can't even summon my full army without the worry of crashing or getting so laggy I just die from being unable to move.

It's not only these that crash me either. Playing with a friend, we average 6-7 crashes a night of playing 2-3 hours. I've never seen a game so unstable. I can live with arguably the worst menu control scheme, menu operations, and the general lack of intuitive information in any UI or UX experience but... losing progress on maps, losing portals to maps because I'm crashing so much, and being unable to play the features you guys designed for the end game spenders, is probably on par with some of the worst experience I've ever played this generation. I want to spend to support but it can't be justified if I can't even play the game.

Please throw away your sense of pride on being not Diablo, and copy Diablo's PS4 menu controls because yours are worse than any other MMO I have ever played. Also, give people the option to make use of their PS4 Pro by preferring framerate. Also, give people the option to downscale their resolutions. I'd play with geometry war graphics if it meant I could clear content.

The game has become so unreliable I have lost 90% of my interest and stopped trying to persuade my friends to play. I've gone from actively promoting the game to telling people to burn the thought of playing on PS4 because they will hate it after reaching the end-game.

edit: I just realized I posted in the wrong bug section
Last edited by Kinokee on Jul 2, 2019, 3:38:43 PM
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2019, 5:11:23 AM
I agree with you; the game is close to unplayable. PS4 Pro, SSD, forced to 1080p but still FPS drops which is so severe I don’t know if I should cry or laugh.

Some fixes perhaps...

Stop dropping the immense load of shit no one cares for. Deactivate loot filter completely during a delve. I dare you.

Stop (and I mean STOP!) with the immense focus on graphic quality! It’s insane and incredibly stupid in a game like this.

And as a little ironic tip to the devs,

It’s not the quantity, we want QUALITY!

Stop adding content and focus on stability...
I just beat uber elder and everything else on ps4 pro, so end game is playable for sure, but game runs like total trash so sold my ps4 pro last night. Back to PC now cause that was a waste of money. The bigger ps4 issues are the infinite blue screens that just delete your portals. Almost every Xophs i did on console crashed and lost instance. Wish I could refund the 60$ i spent on it but the truth is this game wasnt made for console and never will be good on it.
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Jul 8, 2019, 2:43:47 PM
"
HeroEvermore wrote:
I just beat uber elder and everything else on ps4 pro, so end game is playable for sure, but game runs like total trash so sold my ps4 pro last night. Back to PC now cause that was a waste of money. The bigger ps4 issues are the infinite blue screens that just delete your portals. Almost every Xophs i did on console crashed and lost instance. Wish I could refund the 60$ i spent on it but the truth is this game wasnt made for console and never will be good on it.

There is indeed much truth in this statement. My opinion on the topic is that the devs are too LAZY to add an extra tab to the options menu and provide to us the binary options of ENABLE/DISABLE for many of the implemented graphic enhancments. To be fair it's true that many enhancements follow a daisychain of legacy requirement, thus to disable bloom will have an nullifing effect on the intensity and application of ambient occlusion. This however does not justify arbitrarly removing the options for either or. The enhancments CAN be disabled and if given the large array of potential options I believe a majority of us could find our own balance of aesthetics and performance with an end result approaching something much more engaging/functional. I can't honestly see what harm could come from the options being given... provide a reset to Default option and there you go.

I'd hate to think that I'm over simplifying this, but it isn't rocket science. To any and all who might claim some derivitative of "it's a console and options can't be provided" I'll leave you with this ... Warframe does it. Additionally I created mods for fallout 4 on the xbox, and I can assure you that on that particular engine the XBOX loads the EXACT same .ini file at boot time that the PC does. The only difference is that some of the settings are nullified as they do not apply to ATi graphics chipset. Otherwise if you create your own .ini and upload it then download your mod and run it you can circumvent Bethesda doing the same thing... which again is not providing us the graphic options.
Last edited by scrylite on Jul 11, 2019, 12:59:47 PM
It is almost literally possible to get past corrupted maps on HC. It seems like lag is caused due to the more mods there are on a map? I feel like every time there is more than 5 mods on a map the lag almost becomes unbearable.
some lags and game crushes here , this game is like a bomb,need more attention by team on ps4
The frames could be helped by reducing shadows, ambient occlusion, global illumination etc., its not like game has to worry about draw distance. For me bigger problems are the severe server issues that can at times appear as frame drops but usually end up causing desync what we see isn't what server is validating so we get insta killed in delve for example., our character shows in light server disagrees corrects us into insta death.The only reason for this is duplication protection, undestandable, but since fair performance is unachievable on console best decision would be tune death penalty to be fair to us for games current state.
PS4 version is completely unplayable now with patch 3.7.3. Every patch makes things worse not better. This game should never have been ported to the PS4 until they knew what they were doing. But, we all know what makes the world go round don't we?!
"
The frames could be helped by reducing shadows, ambient occlusion, global illumination etc., its not like game has to worry about draw distance. For me bigger problems are the severe server issues that can at times appear as frame drops but usually end up causing desync what we see isn't what server is validating so we get insta killed in delve for example., our character shows in light server disagrees corrects us into insta death.The only reason for this is duplication protection, undestandable, but since fair performance is unachievable on console best decision would be tune death penalty to be fair to us for games current state.

It's not a hardware issue. I forced the game to run on 480p on a ps4 slim and there are still stutters and freezes during gameplay. There is no reason a ps4 to not be able to run any game in 480p and this game can't run well at all on 480-fucknp. It's a combination of the bad servers and it being a shit port.

This game is absolutely shittily the worst performing game i've ever played on the ps4.
Last edited by jprg003 on Jul 18, 2019, 5:18:28 PM
"
jprg003 wrote:

It's not a hardware issue. I forced the game to run on 480p on a ps4 slim and there are still stutters and freezes during gameplay. There is no reason a ps4 to not be able to run any game in 480p and this game can't run well at all on 480-fucknp. It's a combination of the bad servers and it being a shit port.

This game is absolutely shittily the worst performing game i've ever played on the ps4.

It has nothing to do with graphics. Programs are more than pictures. It's actually a pretty good port, but the game is trying to make PS4 process 10,000 things at once, which it can't do well.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Last edited by LV9999Majin on Jul 18, 2019, 5:23:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info