So about the beta

I've been waiting for around 8 months to get in (some have waited longer, I know), and I've yet to receive a key (I'm still hopeful!). I was thankful for the weekend beta, which I played rigorously, trying to level up fast and trying to get better items (still can't figure out what items the orb of transmutation works with.). Now that the open beta has ended, I can't seem to get over it.

8 months have gone by, with only 2-3 days to play the game. I'm seriously thinking about giving up on this game altogether, simply because no one has any idea when this game is gonna finish and get released and I don't really want to waste my time on something that I don't know when I'll be able to play.

I can't even pay for the beta-key, because I'm not someone with a lot of money, and the keys seem a bit expensive (imo), if they were like 5 dollars, maybe, but 10 seems a bit excessive.

I know that GGG promised to quicken the closed beta key give away rate, but it just seems like they won't do that anytime soon.

I know I shouldn't complain, nor do I have any right too. After all, this is a free to play game, and I'm a nobody. I just feel disappointed that the devs have hyped this game, but aren't doing anything to make it more publicly available to the general masses, nor do we have any idea when it will come out.

Anyways, if anyone has a beta key send it too me, but I highly doubt you do or you will.

If I don't get a key within the week, I'm just giving up on this game, any my chances of getting in.

-Helix

PS if any of the GGG guys are reading this, I would appreciate some answers to my concerms

[EDIT]

I GOT A KEY! THANK YOU darkfyre! I honestly thought no one would give me one, I wasn't even gonna ask but I thought "what the hell" and I was lucky enough for someone kind enough to give me a key. I really hope I can play him back after this. hopefully, in a months time, I'll be able too.
Last edited by Helix_Fire on Apr 5, 2012, 6:40:18 PM
So you will give up on this game because you have to wait two months until open beta starts? Sounds not very reasonable to me.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Pathetic.
FFA loot sucks.
"
dust7 wrote:
So you will give up on this game because you have to wait two months until open beta starts? Sounds not very reasonable to me.

Two months? I thought it wasn't even announced when it would be in public open beta. It even says that it is early 2012, but that could change (you never know). I did say that I had hope, didn't I?

I should also clarify that i meant, I'm giving up on me getting into the game, (I'm a bit tired right now >.<).

"
Die_Scream wrote:
Pathetic

That was uncalled for, I'm just stating my opinion, don't be dick about it.
I gladly paid the $10 for beta access today. The game seems great....getting $10 worth of enjoyment shouldn't be a problem at all.
i wouldn't go as far to say its pathetic, as thats pretty harsh, but I really cannot understand how this whole thing happens.

i mean, you have a computer, you have an internet connection, hell you possibly even have a keyboard and mouse, but you cannot stash away or budget a buck or two each week to afford to buy into the beta for $10 ?
okay, i dont wish to hear the entire story, but whatever the case i wouldnt suggest giving up on PoE just yet, 'cause clearly you very much like the game.

just chill out for a bit, take a break, cross your fingers for a random beta key (surely your chances improve what with all of us pre-purchasing and taking ourselves out of the auction) and hope.

Last edited by ualac on Apr 5, 2012, 12:56:02 AM
"
Helix_Fire wrote:
"
dust7 wrote:

Two months? I thought it wasn't even announced when it would be in public open beta.

https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase/

Scroll down to "Notes".

"
GGG wrote:
We expect the Open Beta to start in approximately June, at which point we will prepare and ship the physical goods. The digital soundtrack download will become available at this point also. Note that if unforseen circumstances arise, the Open Beta start date may occur later than June.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
mneumonic wrote:
I gladly paid the $10 for beta access today. The game seems great....getting $10 worth of enjoyment shouldn't be a problem at all.

Less than the cost of a movie ticket, and if the floor under your seat is sticky, it's your own darn fault. =~[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
mneumonic wrote:

Less than the cost of a movie ticket, and if the floor under your seat is sticky, it's your own darn fault. =~[.]^=

That's my point exactly. When my wife and I go to the movies its $16 just for the tickets (not to mention that popcorn and a drink cost $10 alone). $10 for beta access is a very fair deal (Heck I paid more than that to get into Minecraft back when it was in Alpha and had barely any features.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info