[3.14] Aspect of Carnage Ground Slam Berserker, Bosser, Fast, League starter

Really good guide here, thank you for writing it.
I do have one question, how are ''Attacks has #% to critical strike'' translate into actual crit chance because I'm thinking about getting Astral plate with that mod and massive life/resist instead of the belly of the beast.
Edited: forgot to mention also get crit on hand of templar too, so is it stacked?
Last edited by ssampiseth on Feb 17, 2021, 7:37:41 AM
"
Ekule731 wrote:
Spoiler
"
R3SPAWN7045 wrote:
I am considering a transition from my current build, back to Ground Slam, an old favorite of mine. However, it is clear at my old age in PoE that the younger and brighter have tuned things better than I ever could. That is just a long way of saying, you've topped my own ground slam builds I have kept to myself for years.

Anyway, lacking the current currency to go crit from the transition start, I am curious if there is a specific reason (outside of skill tree choices in prep for crit) that you recommend a 2H axe, even if looking at a RT rendition.

I have a very high pDPS stave at the moment that I am considering using util I can bankroll a proper crit transition. Other than skill tree nodes, which are easily changed with a pile of regrets, is there any other reason for the 2H axe focus when looking at things from an RT perspective? I am assuming I am just not awake enough, or overlooking something other than planning ahead for a crit change.

I did not read every page of this guide, and admittedly skimmed through the OP while I was at work, so if this is a dumb question with an obvious answer already in the post, feel free to say so.

Back in Harvest league, 2h axes were buffed so that they hit harder than any other weapon type in the game. There is a mace ground slam build guide, which is the other ground slam build guide for marauder in the forums. Maces dont hit as hard as axes, but they have much better stuns. Unfortunately bosses were given a cooldown after being stunned before they can be stunned again (in other words shaper cannot be stun locked anymore) which defeats the whole purpose of using maces. Swords dont work with ground slam at all.

Staves are actually really good for ground slam... if you can get one with high pdps. The issue with staves is they have a little lower pdps than axes, and more importantly have a lot of caster mods they can roll which makes it exceptionally harder to get a good staff to attack with compared to crafting an axe. If, however, you have a high pdps staff, you can certainly use it, and itll be far easier to go crit with one since staff has a lot of critical passives. Axes litterally only have one axe/crit wheel which we have to annoint the notable for since its so far away.

Since staves have so many critical strike passives in the tree, its actually not really very worth starting off with Resolute technique. Here is a passive tree for staves without a cluster jewel. Apart from the weapon and the tree you can follow my guide for the rest of the character.

poeurl.com/dcaY

Anoint Titanic Impacts (Amber Oil, Verdant Oil, Opalescent Oil)

Labyrinth 1: Pain Reaver
Labyrinth 2: Crave The Slaughter
Labyrinth 3: Rite of Ruin
Labyrinth 4: Aspect of Carnage

Once you get mana leech on a piece of gear, be it a jewel or ring or amulet, unallocate Pain Reaver and instead allocate Flawless Savagery.

****If you have a cluster jewel you should use this tree instead.****

poeurl.com/dca1

Edit: Slight modifications to tree and which anoint I suggested.

That was certainly a much more in-depth and thought out response that I had anticipated, thank you for that.

I have been playing ground slam for years, and I see a lot of the same ideas I have had over that time within your guide and presentation. It was nice to see another player devote as much time and thought into the build as I have.

Keep up the good work and thank you for your time and insight.
PC : SqueakyToyOfTerror
XB : R3SPAWN#7045
Discord : R3SPAWN
So, i got my hands on 6l chest(Belly) and 5l Atziri's axe for a starter(RT).

While i'm planning to slam a reservation from Crit variant into body(aside from Precision(btw what to put instead there?)) - which red gem can i drop from a GS-link for now? Which one is less important?
Last edited by Prof549 on Feb 17, 2021, 10:05:38 PM
"
Prof549 wrote:

While i'm planning to slam a reservation from Crit variant into body(aside from Precision(btw what to put instead there?)) - which red gem can i drop from a GS-link for now? Which one is less important?

personally, I don't think its worth chasing crit now before completing RT build but u might generate currency at a faster rate so my suggestion is to get a rare 6l axe with as much dps as you can.
"
ssampiseth wrote:
"
Prof549 wrote:

personally, I don't think its worth chasing crit now before completing RT build but u might generate currency at a faster rate so my suggestion is to get a rare 6l axe with as much dps as you can.

I am not chasing Crit build. Never said i would. I'm still gonna play in RT. Just figured that i can use 6l body to slap my reservation set in.

I wanted to know which gem to drop(temporary) from GS link in Atziri's Disfavour(since i only have 5link(4R1G) in there rn).

Update: nvm, just made a 6L axe.
Last edited by Prof549 on Feb 18, 2021, 11:34:19 AM
"
ssampiseth wrote:
Really good guide here, thank you for writing it.
I do have one question, how are ''Attacks has #% to critical strike'' translate into actual crit chance because I'm thinking about getting Astral plate with that mod and massive life/resist instead of the belly of the beast.
Edited: forgot to mention also get crit on hand of templar too, so is it stacked?

Critical Strike Chance in PoE isnt like in some other games like D3 where having 10% critical strike chance on an item means you gain 10% effective crit chance. In this game there is a thing called base critical strike chance. Increases and reductions to critical strike chance multiply the base critical strike chance.

Spells have a base critical strike chance in built on the gem itself. This number is usually 5% or 6%. If your using a spell with 5% base critical strike chance, and you gain 100% increased critical strike chance, youll actually have an effective crit chance of 10%. If the spell has a base crit of 6%, then the 100% increased critical strike chance will raise your effective crit chance from 6% to 12%. This is why you can have something that gives over 100% increased critical strike chance, and yet crit less than half the time.

Attacks use the base critical strike chance of your weapon, instead of using a number on a gem like spells do. Most weapons have a base critical strike chance of 5%. When a weapon rolls increased critical strike chance (Note its different from increased GLOBAL crit chance) it directly affects the base crit of that specific weapon. So if you have 2 swords of the same base type, but one has 20% increased critical strike chance, then the base crit of one would be 5% but the other would be 6%. Each attack would alternate between using 5% and 6% base crit. (One would crit more often than the other)

When a mod says "To critical strike chance" it adds base critical strike chance. This is from sources like gloves, chest, and bottled faith. So for a fleshripper with 7.5% base crit, using a chest that gives 1.5% base crit would mean that the actual base crit is 9%. So 100% increased critical strike chance would actually give more effective critical strike chance than if the value of the base crit was lower.
https://pastebin.com/zhaU9eg8

Any idea how to get more damage without going crit?
"
RestlessNomad wrote:

You're starting to get towards the upper limit of the RT variant's dps. You have roughly 11 million dps without seismic cry. With seismic cry for 5 hits you have an average of roughly 22 million dps.

Most of your items aren't bad enough to warrant replacing. Your worst items I'd say are your rare jewels. You can get far more value out of attack speed mods instead of additive % damage like "Increased damage with axes" or "Increased area damage" mods. The other thing you could upgrade is your watchers eye. You could get either the +2 impale or the 8-12% chance to deal double damage with pride. Both of those would be upgrades. Your tree looks correct. You're even using a ryslathas coil, which because its rolled so well is almost 15% more damage on average. (poorly rolled ones can even lower your average damage)

It seems like you're not too far investement-wise from swapping to crit. It would certainly be a way to increase your damage if damage is what you're really wanting.

Here is a search criteria for crit axes you could look at. It may be most cost effective to use a fleshripper with a little less pdps than your current axe, although you certainly could buy a fleshripper with 800-850+ pdps.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/vd5J9bMCE
Youd also want to replace your rings for ones that have accuracy, although your Sorrow Hold ring would be hard to replace. Bottled faith is 5 exalts last I checked, although you don't need it to transition to crit. You'd replace the taste of hate with a diamond flask, and one of the life flasks with a Bottled faith if you choose to buy one. Overall you could probably transition to crit with 15-20 exalts, and you'd also be able to sell the axe your currently using if you do decide to.

Looking at the current market, selling your axe might be enough to make the transition if your willing to settle for just a little bit less pdps. Id price your current 868pdps axe at around 15ex (assuming its 6linked) at the time of writing. The most ideal scenario would be to buy a new axe, then sell your current axe after, so that you dont have the issue where you cant play the character.
"
Ekule731 wrote:
"
RestlessNomad wrote:

You're starting to get towards the upper limit of the RT variant's dps. You have roughly 11 million dps without seismic cry. With seismic cry for 5 hits you have an average of roughly 22 million dps.

Most of your items aren't bad enough to warrant replacing. Your worst items I'd say are your rare jewels. You can get far more value out of attack speed mods instead of additive % damage like "Increased damage with axes" or "Increased area damage" mods. The other thing you could upgrade is your watchers eye. You could get either the +2 impale or the 8-12% chance to deal double damage with pride. Both of those would be upgrades. Your tree looks correct. You're even using a ryslathas coil, which because its rolled so well is almost 15% more damage on average. (poorly rolled ones can even lower your average damage)

It seems like you're not too far investement-wise from swapping to crit. It would certainly be a way to increase your damage if damage is what you're really wanting.

Here is a search criteria for crit axes you could look at. It may be most cost effective to use a fleshripper with a little less pdps than your current axe, although you certainly could buy a fleshripper with 800-850+ pdps.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/vd5J9bMCE
Youd also want to replace your rings for ones that have accuracy, although your Sorrow Hold ring would be hard to replace. Bottled faith is 5 exalts last I checked, although you don't need it to transition to crit. You'd replace the taste of hate with a diamond flask, and one of the life flasks with a Bottled faith if you choose to buy one. Overall you could probably transition to crit with 15-20 exalts, and you'd also be able to sell the axe your currently using if you do decide to.

Looking at the current market, selling your axe might be enough to make the transition if your willing to settle for just a little bit less pdps. Id price your current 868pdps axe at around 15ex (assuming its 6linked) at the time of writing. The most ideal scenario would be to buy a new axe, then sell your current axe after, so that you dont have the issue where you cant play the character.

Thank you for the extensive reply. If I transition to crit; would the nodes, accuracy rings, and fleshripper really be all I need for 100% hit chance?
Last edited by RestlessNomad on Feb 19, 2021, 7:15:55 PM
Mmm, yeah. Fun build. For Acts.

On maps...well..

Every single minor DoT(on top of your own, that can kill you too) is completely neglecting your life leech, flask and will most likely kill you.
Every single powerful crit mob will most likely kill you.
Every single volatile blood mob will most likely kill you(if you happen to miss it in the mess that is going on).
Every single Sirus possessed mob will most likely kill you(if he'll get to you, while range ones can oneshot you from off-screen).

What is the purpose of that build again?
Last edited by Prof549 on Feb 20, 2021, 12:01:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info