2H Mace GroundSlam build stuck at merc bandits

Hi All,

I am currently trying to get the items from bandits in Merciless. I have tried to solo it and I just cannot seem to get by all the mob damage (especially the guy that flickers).

Any suggestions (besides party)? My gameplay style is normally real simple and has worked until now. Spam decoy totem and smash enemy from afar.

All my items

Spoiler

Passive tree (level 67)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Last edited by kryadan on Mar 14, 2013, 7:54:12 AM
Your really close to Berserking on the passive tree you should grab that. Your rings seem pretty lack luster might replace them, and I noticed you have a 20 dex node with acc but since you can't miss you might want to replace that with the +30 dex lower on the passive tree. I'm kinda surprised your having trouble if you can shop around for afew gear upgrades.
Thanks! I have 13 respecs and a few regret orbs so I'll take a look at the suggestions when I get home tonight.

the rings I just keep for the quantity/rare. Haven't actually used anything but those for the longest time lol.

Edit: I remember why I took those 2 Precision nodes. I ihave a 1h Axe before the respec for anyone that took Beserk. I changed my build for groundslam at that time but was still equipped with the axe which required DEX. I never noticed it was not needed once I had the mace =/ lol.
Last edited by kryadan on Mar 14, 2013, 10:26:35 AM
Good to have some for Faster attack anyway
Yeah that doesn't look too well. Let's start with the problems in order of importance.

Skillgem setup:
I hope you're not using 4L groundslam, itemQ, LoH and wrath. It should be groundslam, melee physical damage, added fire and weapon elemental damage/concentrated effect. The same for heavy strike.

I'm not a fan of the blood magic passive. There are very good aura's where the cost is % based. Purity, determination, hatred & haste. I'd suggest to do what everybody is doing atm and that is to run % aura's on your mana and fixed cost auras with the blood magic skil gem. I would suggest to at least use hatred + purity or determination. Warlord's mark can provide your mana leech.

Just these skill gem changes will raise your damage and defenses by a huge amount.

Gear:
I'd advise you to buy a new weapon, the one you are using is pretty bad. Considering you are playing default, you should be able to buy a pretty good weapon for few currency. If you want to go the low-budget way, buy a weapon with 100%+ phys dmg and crappy other stats. Ideally you'd want higher phys dmg % and attack speed but that will jack up the price by a lot.

The same goes for your amy and rings. Look for something with resists and hp. Maybe you have some in stash? If not, try to buy some cost-effective upgrades. Everybody is constantly finding loot all over the server with their stash nicely filled with goodies. It doesn't take much currency to buy some decent rings/amy.
The belt can be good for the mana leech and the int but it should be replaced with something better. Hp/resist.

Passive tree:
Doesn't look too bad at first glance but there's a lot to be improved. Drop all the life leech, life on hit, hp regen and some resists. Get all the other goodies and especially take catalyse.

The next step would be to slowly make your way to inner force as eventually you'll want to run 5-7 aura's. Also it gives you some int/hp points on the way.

The passive tree is not very interesting once you get more familiar with the game. The above main build line is pretty much the standard for many characters. It gives you a lot of strong keystones and dex/int to use any skillgems you want. Where you put the other 30 skillpoints is of lesser importance. You should probably go into the duelist area or ranger area.

My 2 cents, good luck and hf. ;)

edit: Get some instant hp potions!

Last edited by Icecreamcart on Mar 15, 2013, 9:56:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info