[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:

My pleasure my brother

Ok i did diferent tree but you can easily do the same , i can make PoB for you if you want with our tree and dom blow

This is my friends PoB , he play dom blow every league , i did this tree

Is 100 % cold conversion with a pair of cheap unique gloves , our minions chill and freeze evrything , very easy lvling andy, rest gear just what i picked of the ground + tabula

For smite just ruthless and ancestral call + zombie+ relic till 28

Much respect

Cold coversion dom blow : https://pastebin.com/2H4Dt9hw

wohooo!! This is perfect. Thank you so much for the help. :)

I am planning on starting to level this character in a couple of days. I want to grind out as much of the spider gear as possible on my current character so that I can hit the ground running ASAP with the spiders.

Hahaha woohoo x2 ;-)

Im so happy i can help you , i never played minions and was overwhelmed at the begining , only reason i got this up stress free and i enjoy it .. is cause of you !

So i ma very happy i can give back :-)

Haha we are the same , i also grinded all my gear first on accuracy jugg, i like have my stuff ready so i focus on lvling and having good time not get anxious cause i am lveled up and miss gear

Im 1000% sure you gone love it and breeze through the canpaign

I killed blighted map today !!! What i did is kinda lame haha BUT ! I put all oils on mal to reduce mobs movespeed so i have time clear all since we lack aoe and lol it worked !

I cleared 6 blight , hit 91 and got 1 golden and 3 opascelent :-)

Something else i tried is ... cyclone-cast while chanel-desecrate-culling strike

This is soooo many corpses you always have 20 spider up !

I still use old setup for more dps + fortify

But for ppl strugling with writhing jar + corpses try this guys is super easy

Just spin and pop writhing jar without stop , is countless corpse around from CwC-desecrate

See you tomorow andy , time for bed for me

Respect
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
"
angelos123 wrote:
can someone give me few advises about my current build besides change 2nd flask and keep leveling) can't get idea how impale have to help

Hello. Here are some suggestions you can work on over time.

1) The two best HOP stats to look for on the rings are:

2) You have far too much unreserved mana. The build synergizes on as little mana left over as possible. You can remove the 4 points you put into the Sovereignty cluster. This will raise both your ES and your armor nicely. Use the 4 points you save here to fill out your cluster jewels. This should help your DPS

3) Your resists look good but your spell block chance is low. As you level, continue to save up for the Blue Nightmare gem to help you cap your spell block

4) You seem to have taken a little from the poison build and a little from the impale build but some of the items you chose are getting in the way of each other. If you decide to go Impale, you have to use Dread Banner (this might be the main reason you have too much mana left over right now as described in #2 above.) If you want to go Impale, make sure you follow the tree for Impale, I think you are using some of the tree for poison which is throwing everything out of whack a bit.

I can't really give too much more advice though because of #4 above. You need to pick one version and stick to that build exclusively. Once you do that, feel free to repost a new POB and I can maybe give better advice to you.

Here are some updated POB's that you can refer to.

Poison: https://pastebin.com/f6LSEbw0
Impale: https://pastebin.com/hEQYjgTD
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 19, 2021, 7:13:37 PM
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:
"
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:

My pleasure my brother

Ok i did diferent tree but you can easily do the same , i can make PoB for you if you want with our tree and dom blow

This is my friends PoB , he play dom blow every league , i did this tree

Is 100 % cold conversion with a pair of cheap unique gloves , our minions chill and freeze evrything , very easy lvling andy, rest gear just what i picked of the ground + tabula

For smite just ruthless and ancestral call + zombie+ relic till 28

Much respect

Cold coversion dom blow : https://pastebin.com/2H4Dt9hw

wohooo!! This is perfect. Thank you so much for the help. :)

I am planning on starting to level this character in a couple of days. I want to grind out as much of the spider gear as possible on my current character so that I can hit the ground running ASAP with the spiders.

Hahaha woohoo x2 ;-)

Im so happy i can help you , i never played minions and was overwhelmed at the begining , only reason i got this up stress free and i enjoy it .. is cause of you !

So i ma very happy i can give back :-)

Haha we are the same , i also grinded all my gear first on accuracy jugg, i like have my stuff ready so i focus on lvling and having good time not get anxious cause i am lveled up and miss gear

Im 1000% sure you gone love it and breeze through the canpaign

I killed blighted map today !!! What i did is kinda lame haha BUT ! I put all oils on mal to reduce mobs movespeed so i have time clear all since we lack aoe and lol it worked !

I cleared 6 blight , hit 91 and got 1 golden and 3 opascelent :-)

Something else i tried is ... cyclone-cast while chanel-desecrate-culling strike

This is soooo many corpses you always have 20 spider up !

I still use old setup for more dps + fortify

But for ppl strugling with writhing jar + corpses try this guys is super easy

Just spin and pop writhing jar without stop , is countless corpse around from CwC-desecrate

See you tomorow andy , time for bed for me

Respect

hello my friend!

This all sounds great! nice work on the blighted map!!!

That is an interesting suggestion about [cast when chan - desecrate]. I do think I would be scared with out my Fortify security blanket though :) I will keep this in mind in case I have problems this league waking the spiders up (I did not have any problems last league but who knows what tomorrow brings :) )

Hope you have good luck grinding!!!
Speaking for Fortify, does anyone have a summary of the upcoming changes GGG is considering for Fortify?

It sounds like from rumblings that it will be available to less builds than today but I don't know any of the specifics.
Thanks for sharing this build! I was able to get to 36 challenges in Expedition because of it. Definitely a top 3 build for me when compared to all the builds that I played.

My gear in Expedition:

As you can see, I didn't follow this exactly and went with mostly rares. I just find full-unique builds' upgrade ceiling to be low.

There are some downsides with going with this route, however. First, accuracy is bad, so you either have to take Resolute Technique or use an Accuracy Support gem. I went with the latter to save 2 points. Second, you lose the +1 socketed gems of the Skin of the Loyal. This makes Empower less effective, so I simply used a different support gem. Lastly, the cost. I probably spent around 20ex on this (I crafted/picked up the rares so pricing is tricky on those).

There are upsides to going with this route. First, higher EHP. The rares can provide a higher base ES than the uniques which will save you from one shots or fast degens. Second, it gives a lot of flexibility in your items. I was able to use a +2 amulet because of this and it's easier to cap the resists. It's also possible to get some ailment immunity with bench crafting. Another higher path of upgrade is to use +2 gem armour and use empower, but sacrificing ES.

If anyone new to the build is reading this, and wanted to know more about it, here's my review (TLDR: This build survived the nerfs):

Pro:
- Can do all content. I killed all bosses with it (A9 Sirus, Maven, Uber Elder, Uber Atziri).
- Can do all mods (even all expedition remnant mods, just not phys + chaos immune at the same time)
- Immortal against small hits. Immortal against big hits when molten shell is up.
- Other than the writhing jars, you don't have to think about flasks at all if you use auto trigger flasks.
- Curse immune

Cons:
- The biggest weakness of the build is the spider management. Keeping the spiders up can be annoying. You'll often find your self losing all spiders in one go and suddenly losing DPS which can be dangerous.
- Buff management. I personally don't mind this, but it can put off others. You have to manually cast desecrate, offerings, and molten shell (also golems if you go with that).
- Clear is surprisingly lack luster. I was struggling on clearing blight and alva incursions even at higher levels and even with melee splash for the spiders.
- Gem swapping. Melee splash for clear, melee phys for single target.
- Can be costly and not viable for league starting.

I say that but this build was fun and strong. Again in my experience, this is definitely a top 3 build. Thanks for sharing and making this league fun for me!

"
Speaking for Fortify, does anyone have a summary of the upcoming changes GGG is considering for Fortify?

This isn't finalized but Chris discussed making the Fortify effect based on the hit that caused it.
"
pandadero wrote:
T
This isn't finalized but Chris discussed making the Fortify effect based on the hit that caused it.

thanks.

I was very afraid they were leaning this way. GGG simply can't stop nerfing every part of this game. I hope they rethink this.

Fortify is one of the main reasons I can ever get to end game with most builds.
Hey, from what I'm seeing Andy is answering most of the questions now, so could you possibly check my profile and see if there is something wrong or what I should focus on upgrading next? The build is doing fine, but I feel that the damage is a bit low, is there anything I'm missing? (the last flask is wrong)

Edit: also what about using Shav's?
Last edited by Jakubi on Aug 21, 2021, 8:28:37 AM
"
Jakubi wrote:
Hey, from what I'm seeing Andy is answering most of the questions now, so could you possibly check my profile and see if there is something wrong or what I should focus on upgrading next? The build is doing fine, but I feel that the damage is a bit low, is there anything I'm missing? (the last flask is wrong)

Hi I think your characters are set to private.
Jesus, my bad, thank you very much, should be public now :D
"
Jakubi wrote:

Hello. here are some random suggestions for you that you can work on as you level.

1) Get corrupted gloves that have Vulnerability on hit corruption (this will help DPS).

2) Your resists are very low. Some people have been switching away from the coil belt to Darkness Enthroned to fix the resists.

3) You can also considered replacing Energized Armor (this was something that was popular a few leagues ago but has fallen out of favor) with a nice rare jewel that has as much ES/Int/Mana/Armor as you can afford.

4) The most important support gem for HOP is Empower. Even if you can afford only a level 2, it will make a big difference in DPS on your current 5 link.

5) The build has a lot of synergy based on having as little mana left over as possible. Right now you have a lot of mana left over. You should consider adding in either a Clarity and/or Vitality and level them until you have only enough mana left over to run the build. Remember that the build owner has not updated the build in the first post to reflect the mana reverts that were made early in this league. Others have posted their versions in this thread that might be better to follow until the build owner has a chance to update the build again.

As for Shav's, our build synergizes around armor for ES recovery. The Skin of the Lords provides more benefits over all to the build than Shav's would IMO.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 21, 2021, 9:57:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info