[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

"
Hi, thanks for this awesome and fun build thedeathbeam.
I have a doubt about using darkscorn or a rare bow crafted with fossils, i don't know if there's a big dps difference between them.
This is my 2nd set:

I think it depends on playstyle but 4 me darkscorn+divine flesh+starkonja is a massive survivability boost while you can smash t16 maps in like 5 mins(not including cassia).Also plan yours flask setup - its really important ;)

Anybody tried to swap
Nature's Adrenaline -> Master Alchemist
?
I'd try to do that just for
/Immune to Elemental Ailments during any Flask Effect/
Last edited by konop88 on Nov 10, 2019, 9:16:03 PM
"
joecamello wrote:
I have a doubt about using darkscorn or a rare bow crafted with fossils, i don't know if there's a big dps difference between them.
This is my 2nd set:

Spoiler

And my pastebin
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/04zvSXks

Very late reply, but you can simply check that in PoB (see configuring PoB for your character section in main thread). But from looking at that bow I am not sure if its better than Darkscorn because its missing attack speed, what is very huge dps mod.

"
konop88 wrote:
"
This is my 2nd set:

I think it depends on playstyle but 4 me darkscorn+divine flesh+starkonja is a massive survivability boost while you can smash t16 maps in like 5 mins(not including cassia).Also plan yours flask setup - its really important ;)

Anybody tried to swap
Nature's Adrenaline -> Master Alchemist
?
I'd try to do that just for
/Immune to Elemental Ailments during any Flask Effect/

This build was actually using Master Alchemist in its early iteration (but it was also using QoTF with that ascendancy). Its fine, but I personally prefer Nature's Adrenaline, unless you want to run more DPS flasks.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
This build was actually using Master Alchemist in its early iteration (but it was also using QoTF with that ascendancy). Its fine, but I personally prefer Nature's Adrenaline, unless you want to run more DPS flasks.

Im trying to find best balance between dps and survivability.U can get elder and shaper down to another phase of uber fight in like couple sec with this build but sometimes they still kill me - i think its my lack ov experience in this fight.Tried swapping chest but then you need '-mana cost' on ring and i dont really like to get rid of nostalgias(im using 2 nostalgia).
Next thing i'll try is anointment.Drop dps -> survivability : corruption -> hardened scars + enduring flask.
So enjoyed this build until the endgame and then like majority of them, it is complete diarrhea at the end. Dodge chance is not enough, you still get hit, so will play constant piano and for big hits, you will just port to ho, get back. DMG is okish, but without heavy investments, you will go through ALL the possible and impossible phases of bosses, which will be again a piano play with death here and there.
Okish for redish maps, without anything nasty for a medium budget build. As for super high budget, then what does it matter which build, most will squeeze best, some more than others, but still.
"
So enjoyed this build until the endgame and then like majority of them, it is complete diarrhea at the end. Dodge chance is not enough, you still get hit, so will play constant piano and for big hits, you will just port to ho, get back. DMG is okish, but without heavy investments, you will go through ALL the possible and impossible phases of bosses, which will be again a piano play with death here and there.
Okish for redish maps, without anything nasty for a medium budget build. As for super high budget, then what does it matter which build, most will squeeze best, some more than others, but still.

You want to face tank on a bow build?

Edit: this build is my first ever lvl98, thanks to both great survivability and damage. I usually stay at lvl95 because a few death here and there prevent me to levelup. Not this time. So sorry for my passvie aggressive question but the build is not the problem, ist' your gameplay.
Last edited by Rootsmann on Nov 14, 2019, 5:35:00 AM
"

Heh its just players skill : more UE fights and i find it easier - he can only get me with this AOE skill - gotta stay close to him.Red and t16 maps - its awesome u can do nearly every map in few min.And am just an average casual noob so no players super skill or trading 4 budget ;)
"
Rootsmann wrote:
"

You want to face tank on a bow build?

Edit: this build is my first ever lvl98, thanks to both great survivability and damage. I usually stay at lvl95 because a few death here and there prevent me to levelup. Not this time. So sorry for my passvie aggressive question but the build is not the problem, ist' your gameplay.
I think people got spoiled by overpowered builds of each season where you have that one build that can phase UE in 2 seconds with a few ex budget. Look at zombie necromancer, you can easily get 6k life + 6k es and it's a semi afk build to play as well, while dishing damage that is nothing to complain about.

This hurts build diversity because after people taste the "build of the month" everything else feels weak in comparison and not worth bothering.

However since 3.9 is meant to be "bow league" maybe we'll get a bow build that can facetank, delete bosses, and not cost 3 mirrors to boot. It will be promptly nerfed in 3.10, but who cares, right?

P.S. Don't expect to phase bosses in 2 seconds on dot or poison builds. There's a reason why most Assassins still don't play poison after the buffs but various cast on crit builds. People just want builds that "delete content".
Last edited by Viktranka on Nov 14, 2019, 1:32:55 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
I think people got spoiled by overpowered builds of each season where you have that one build that can phase UE in 2 seconds with a few ex budget. Look at zombie necromancer, you can easily get 6k life + 6k es and it's a semi afk build to play as well, while dishing damage that is nothing to complain about.

This is exactly what came to my mind while reading his post. I assumed he just switched from a necro. But we may be wrong so I did not mention it. Edit: well he does have a Necro as his highest leveled character :D

"
This hurts build diversity because after people taste the "build of the month" everything else feels weak in comparison and not worth bothering.

Until now I liked the switch in meta with powerfull archetypes that cycles. But this Necro nonsense went to far :D

"
However since 3.9 is meant to be "bow league" maybe we'll get a bow build that can facetank, delete bosses, and not cost 3 mirrors to boot. It will be promptly nerfed in 3.10, but who cares, right?

I'm expecting bow equipments (from jewels to bow, passing by enchants and what not) to be really pricy next league. I'm no expert but I have the impression that bow builds have the highest celling regarding equipment refinment and I think this will not change in the bow league. I expect that GGG will indeed offer a bow build archetype that does not ask much items to crush the endgame, but since you'll still be able to go really far in equipment refinment, the prices of most "bow build items" will be high.
Last edited by Rootsmann on Nov 15, 2019, 2:48:29 AM
just hit maps with this build and it's been very fun until now, but I'm starting to feel very fragile.
is chaos res that important? because I'm still not capped and it's been hard to find chaos res gear.

can someone take a look at my character and give some cents of advice?

thanks!
"
deadmetheny wrote:
just hit maps with this build and it's been very fun until now, but I'm starting to feel very fragile.
is chaos res that important? because I'm still not capped and it's been hard to find chaos res gear.

can someone take a look at my character and give some cents of advice?

thanks!

Chaos res is not very important if you are not using Divine Flesh and/or darkscorn. The very important thing is sustain, so I would recommend either grabbing Cinderswallow asap if you can afford it and if not Atziri Promise, and also grab either Soul Raker or Warriors Blood annoint (warriors blood is very cheap so I recommend it on low budget) and also Stone Golem, mainly early Stone Golem is very helpful.

EDIT:

Together with Cinder/Atziri also focus on upgrading rest of your flasks, you are using Diamon Flask even though Corallito is already diamond flask, Quartz flask is very important for this build. Also good Quicksilver flask, and good life flask.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Nov 18, 2019, 9:42:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info