[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Archernick wrote:
Hey thedeathbeam - thanks for this amazing guide. It was really rough at the start with no good access to Darkscorn+Glorious Vanity, but it's starting to come together now.

I found this awesome quiver last night, but unsure whether it's worth slamming (via Ex or Leo in Research) - could you take a look at it on my character?

Also I slightly modified the build to play around with some of the new mechanics/gems. I ditched the frenzy chest setup in favour for some janky Withering Step, Plaguebearer w/ Despair via Blasphemy. Not the best for bosses, but it is an insane boost to map clear! Running through packs on T16's with Plague bearer, mirage archer and withering step and everything falls over. Really shines in Delve too.

My next steps is getting a better belt/ring to cap off my Int and level my blue gems to max. Longterm goal is to get a Golden Oil to put Cleansed Thoughts on my neck and rebalance resistances with damage mods. And then even longer is to get a Darkscorn and Glorious Vanity.

Any thoughts on my build so far - would love to hear your take on it.

Hi. Glad you like it :)

Yeah, and at start of the league I also didnt really had much budget options as alternatives on Darkscorn as I didnt really planned for running with something else for so long. But glad its starting to work for you :)

Honestly, I wouldnt slam any quiver that does not have piercing implicit on this build, that extra pierce is imo pretty important. The quiver is still very nice tho, but its not something with what I would personally stick for long.

For the Plaguebearer/Step/Blasphemy setup, I was messing around with something similar as well to at least try Plaguebearer on my char, but not sure if its that worth it outside of novelty, or at least my results werent that great (and the 20% less damage while accumulating the buff can be sometimes harsh too). But, I am definitely going to experiment with it more, mainly when you said you are getting good results with it (i am still leveling this char, as its my 2nd one in league).

Hmmm well I could always sell the quiver - I wasn't aware of how vital the piercing implicit was; is it to hit more mobs with the thorn projectiles to prolif more poison?

I still have my well-rolled Drillneck, so I can go back to that whenever. The Celestial quiver is worth quite a bit according to my research, so I could sell it to make funs for Vanity or Darkscorn. What would the ideal crafted quiver be then over a Drillneck?

The thing about Plaguebearer is a single shot of our Scourge Arrow fills it back to 1000k instantly; probably thanks to Pathfinder. You don't have the penalty as long as you're either at cap, or the buff is active. When I have the time and luxary, I'm gonna 6L the chest and use Empower to boost the damage and curse effectiveness even further.
"
Archernick wrote:

Hmmm well I could always sell the quiver - I wasn't aware of how vital the piercing implicit was; is it to hit more mobs with the thorn projectiles to prolif more poison?

I still have my well-rolled Drillneck, so I can go back to that whenever. The Celestial quiver is worth quite a bit according to my research, so I could sell it to make funs for Vanity or Darkscorn. What would the ideal crafted quiver be then over a Drillneck?

The thing about Plaguebearer is a single shot of our Scourge Arrow fills it back to 1000k instantly; probably thanks to Pathfinder. You don't have the penalty as long as you're either at cap, or the buff is active. When I have the time and luxary, I'm gonna 6L the chest and use Empower to boost the damage and curse effectiveness even further.

Yeah, exactly. It improves clear pretty noticeably, mainly in large areas.

For crafted quiver, to be honest I don't think you can actually beat Drillneck in damage. But, for good quiver as alternative, you would probably want piercing one with flat phys to attacks, attack speed, life and increased damage with ailments from delve mod. Or maybe that crit craft that gives frenzies on quiver.

And hmmmmmm, that plaguebearer part is interesting. I will definitely reconsider it then.

EDIT:

For fun quiver, check out Aberrant + Corroded + Shuddering combination on ilvl 64 quiver, its almost guaranteed that you get decent prefixes, and then hopefully both frenzy charge on hit and increased damage with ailments.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Sep 11, 2019, 9:20:37 AM
So, first of all. I really loved this build. Having a lot of fun with it due to its clear speed (that Poison Proliferation is insane).

But let me ask you few things:

1- Is Blood Rage really needed? I can't regen the damage that it does, unless if i pop up Atziri's Promise. In packs it is ok, but in bosses it may be a problem.

2- About resistances. For your starter setup, you suggested Atziri's Step. I feel like, if i run that, i would not be able to cap all the resistances, and also get chaos resist to something over 50%.

What should i do? Atiri's Step with all resistances over 50%, or a Rare Boots and try out 75/75/75/50+?

Here's my character

I was using those rares while i was running thought all the Acts. Now i need to change it for mapping/leveling and idk what is most important for now.

I know that Chaos Resist is for Darkscorn and Coralito's. I can't afford a Darkscorn now (9ex and going up), but i am just waiting to fix my Chaos Resist for Coralito's.
"
corazza1995 wrote:
So, first of all. I really loved this build. Having a lot of fun with it due to its clear speed (that Poison Proliferation is insane).

1- Is Blood Rage really needed? I can't regen the damage that it does, unless if i pop up Atziri's Promise. In packs it is ok, but in bosses it may be a problem.

2- About resistances. For your starter setup, you suggested Atziri's Step. I feel like, if i run that, i would not be able to cap all the resistances, and also get chaos resist to something over 50%.

What should i do? Atiri's Step with all resistances over 50%, or a Rare Boots and try out 75/75/75/50+?

Here's my character

I was using those rares while i was running thought all the Acts. Now i need to change it for mapping/leveling and idk what is most important for now.

I know that Chaos Resist is for Darkscorn and Coralito's. I can't afford a Darkscorn now (9ex and going up), but i am just waiting to fix my Chaos Resist for Coralito's.

Glad you like it :)

1. Well, Blood Rage is pretty strong. But you totally dont have to use it. I even mention in leveling guide to dont use it early because you most likely would not be able to sustain it. To actually sustain everything later on single target, you will need some extra sources of either leech or regen. For now, stone golem helps a lot (I am actually planning to update the build today or tomorrow and it will be using stone golem). Ohterwise, you can also annoint either golem's blood or vitality void, and also counter the degen with Ralakesh.

2. Capping resists is important. But, capping chaos res, at least this early into league with expensive divine flesh is not. You can safely just dump majority of your chaos resistance for more ele resist. And atziri step is good starter choice because of the dodge it provides, but if you cant cap resists its not that good ofc.

And for rares, well, I would probably start with upgrading the bow, you can get good idea on how good bows look like from posts in this thread.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
Alright, so, I was messing around with the build a bit, and I actually really like @Archernick's idea. So, basically, quiver like this for endgame:

And then drop frenzy setup completely, put Plague Bearer in there, self cast despair and just run around with withering step. I am still working on updated PoB, but for now this and addition of stone golem is what I have.

This Frenzy generation change will also allow for way smoother playstyle (just self cast despair is easier to hit than frenzy + curse on hit, and not having to worry about frenzies on single target is awesome).

I am also going through level trees and updating them based on my 2nd char progress, so far I have level 10, 20, 30 and 40 tree.
My builds:
My site:
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Sep 11, 2019, 9:35:10 AM
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
corazza1995 wrote:

Here's my character

Glad you like it :)

1. Well, Blood Rage is pretty strong. But you totally dont have to use it. I even mention in leveling guide to dont use it early because you most likely would not be able to sustain it. To actually sustain everything later on single target, you will need some extra sources of either leech or regen. For now, stone golem helps a lot (I am actually planning to update the build today or tomorrow and it will be using stone golem). Ohterwise, you can also annoint either golem's blood or vitality void, and also counter the degen with Ralakesh.

2. Capping resists is important. But, capping chaos res, at least this early into league with expensive divine flesh is not. You can safely just dump majority of your chaos resistance for more ele resist. And atziri step is good starter choice because of the dodge it provides, but if you cant cap resists its not that good ofc.

And for rares, well, I would probably start with upgrading the bow, you can get good idea on how good bows look like from posts in this thread.

Thank You. And about the Bow, should i care about it's DPS? Or just look for chaos/poison mods?
I have another doubt, should grab Pont Blank even without the glorious vanity and with the lioneyes glare? Or its only for the jewel?
"
corazza1995 wrote:

Thank You. And about the Bow, should i care about it's DPS? Or just look for chaos/poison mods?

Flat chaos, pdps, delve mod.

"
SerNomeD wrote:
I have another doubt, should grab Pont Blank even without the glorious vanity and with the lioneyes glare? Or its only for the jewel?

It is only for jewel, just skip it otherwise.
My builds:
My site:
Hello, I'm trying a scourge arrow build for the first time, following an other guide I found, and I got some question about the quiver it mentions.
In that guide, the advice for the quiver is to take the Malloney's Nightfall for cheap starting build, but is it really worth it? (seems like it is but I wanted to ask)

And about that quiver I have an other question. I had several Malloney's Nightfall so I tried to corrupt it to change the implicit, but after checking the possible outcome on the wiki, I realize I don't know wich one I should be aiming for... Maybe "Bow Attacks fire an additional Arrow" or "Point Blank" or "Projectiles deal (8–10)% increased Damage for each Enemy Pierced ", all the other ones are based on cold, fire or lightning, so I suppose I don't care.

Anyway, thanks for this build! I'm learning more about my own build thanks to you! (and sorry if my english is a bit bad, always learning!)
"
Kaya81 wrote:
Hello, I'm trying a scourge arrow build for the first time, following an other guide I found, and I got some question about the quiver it mentions.
In that guide, the advice for the quiver is to take the Malloney's Nightfall for cheap starting build, but is it really worth it? (seems like it is but I wanted to ask)

And about that quiver I have an other question. I had several Malloney's Nightfall so I tried to corrupt it to change the implicit, but after checking the possible outcome on the wiki, I realize I don't know wich one I should be aiming for... Maybe "Bow Attacks fire an additional Arrow" or "Point Blank" or "Projectiles deal (8–10)% increased Damage for each Enemy Pierced ", all the other ones are based on cold, fire or lightning, so I suppose I don't care.

Anyway, thanks for this build! I'm learning more about my own build thanks to you! (and sorry if my english is a bit bad, always learning!)

If its phys SA as well, then Drillneck is simply better because it provides more damage than nightfall.

For implicit, piercing implicit is best. I guess extra arrow is not bad as well, but that one is super rare.
My builds:
My site:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info