Which does more elemental damage, 2h or DW?

Im making an elemental cyclone marauder and I'm wondering which does the most elemental damage assuming the weapons all get max rolls on ele damage, 2h or DW?
IGN: Noobslayer
The two hander will be able to roll higher, The way cyclone works with dual wield is you alternate weapon strikes, where the two hander would strike twice. The benefit to dual wielding is the block chance and the 10% more attack speed. The other thing is that you have to tri to roll perfect weapons compared two one and the two hander can have a 6l. Each has their bonuses and drawbacks, it is mainly whatever your build is going for. If your a high attack speed build you would benifit from dual wielding, otherwise as long as you do not care about the defense go for the two hander.
Last edited by Maethorr on Mar 13, 2013, 9:01:08 PM
"
Maethorr wrote:
The two hander will be able to roll higher, The way cyclone works with dual wield is you alternate weapon strikes, where the two hander would strike twice. The benefit to dual wielding is the block chance and the 10% more attack speed.

How much higher ele damage can the 2h roll? Double?
Last edited by xNoobslayer on Mar 13, 2013, 9:02:34 PM
"
"
Maethorr wrote:
The two hander will be able to roll higher, The way cyclone works with dual wield is you alternate weapon strikes, where the two hander would strike twice. The benefit to dual wielding is the block chance and the 10% more attack speed.

How much higher can the 2h roll? Double?

I am actually not sure, they might roll the same as well, I meant that overall you can get higher elemental damage on a two hander, but that counts auras. I never use two handers much so I couldn't tell you. The main reason the two hander would be higher is the converted damage, as two handers will have a higher base damage than a 1 hander for auras like hatred.

That said, the best pure option might be to dual wield scepters for the weapon elemental damage stat they have as an implicit mod.
Last edited by Maethorr on Mar 13, 2013, 9:07:24 PM
"
Maethorr wrote:
"
"
Maethorr wrote:

How much higher can the 2h roll? Double?

I am actually not sure, they might roll the same as well, I meant that overall you can get higher elemental damage on a two hander, but that counts auras. I never use two handers much so I couldn't tell you. The main reason the two hander would be higher is the converted damage, as two handers will have a higher base damage than a 1 hander for auras like hatred.

I plan to use alot of aures including Hatred and the longer range on the 2h is also pretty nice. I also plan to get lots of attack speed, which makes DW better and the block could also be very useful. I'll probably have to think about this some more.
way easier to get more elemental damage with DW. especially if you are using 2.0 speed weapons. You go for primarily flat ele damage on all your gear. ANd you can get weapons with triple elemental damage.

As for 2 hander you have an effective means through added fire and hatred auras, but you still need a really high physical damage two hander to make it work. So really in going for ele damage 2h is not the way to go at all. These people doing huge dps aren't using a two hander. I have one of the best two handers in the game and the dps is only so so. Added fire and hatred did a lot more damage in closed beta as well, dunno why those were nerfed when the problem was elsewhere.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info