[3.7] Naydoe's Speedy Crit Ground Slam Berserker (~2 Million+ Shaper DPS)

TIRED OF YOUR ZDPS SLAYER BUILDS???? LOOK NO FURTHER!

Introduction

Welcome to my first build guide! Ground slam has been done many times before but I would like to share my take on the skill. I took some ideas from Mathil's crit Ground Slam inquisitor and wanted to try out a Berserker version. I've taken this ground slam zerker through almost all of the content PoE has to offer currently including: Shaper, Red Tier Elder, Uber Elder, and multiple 5 General Legion Encounters. WITHOUT Bersek On and all of the other calculations I'm currently doing 1.9mill Shaper Dps and then around 2.7mill with Berserk on.

Pro's and Con's

+ Good Single Target DPS
+ Relatively Fast Mapping (with Rage)
+ High Attacks per Second
+ 6k Life + 12k Armor achievable
+ Minimal Mandatory Uniques
+ Vaal Ground Slam Stun on Bosses helps a ton

- Can be Rippy due to Abyssus
- A bit slow when you don't have Rage
- Not the best build for Lab Farming (Abyssus + no Rage for Izaro fight)
- Can take some investment to really be able to melt end game content
- Can't do Phys or Ele Reflect or No leech/No regen maps

Gear
Spoiler

-I bought the axes for 1.5 ex total
-The Belly of the Beast I 6L myself but an elder chest piece with Life + % inc life and recover % of life on kill/socketed gems supported by maim also would work
-Lion's roar is the most expensive unique after a 6L belly
-Abyssus with Ground Slam Inc Damage enchant was ~1.5ex but not required
-Rather than opting for a Silver flask for onslaught I chose to craft % MS and Chance to gain Onslaught on my boots with some resistances and life. We don't need 30% movement speed thanks to rage and how fast we leap slam
-I crafted the "Shock Nearby Enemies for 4 seconds when you Focus" on the ring because we don't get consistent shock and I like to shock :)
- %Life regen per second during flask effect on belt is just a nice way to get more regen so you can run blood rage and not degen as much.

-We don't need a remove bleed flask thanks to how cheap a "Corrupted Blood cannot be infliced on you" implicit on the Rapid Expansion Jewel is right now (5c is what I bought mine for). We also only need 1 Rapid Expansion because we can get more damage with a normal jewel and the increased angle with 2 isn't necessary

Timeless jewel:
Spoiler

Also I feel that it's important to note that one of my jewels is one of the new Timeless Jewels, Lethal Pride. The specific jewel that I got from one of my legion encounter runs gives +4/2 to strength on the 10 strength nodes and some of the smaller passives in the radius. The big kicker of this jewel is how it affects some of the smaller notables in radius.

Here is where I placed the Jewel:

What this jewel does exactly:

Golem's Blood:

Now gives us 20% increased Totem Damage

Hatcher Master:

Now gives us free +15% to Melee Crit Multiplier

Dervish:

Now gives us Gain 5% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage

Master of the Arena:

This is the big one. Now gives us 5% chance to deal Double Damage. When this procs it is insane on bosses

Bravery:

Now gives 10% increased Effect of Fortify

If you have the currency there are some better alternatives for even more DPS:

Impressence Onyx Amulet (Physical Version)
-This would allow you to get free Vulnerability since there are open sockets that could hold the Blasphemy + Vulnerability set up.

Watcher's Eye
-Look for the mods regarding Hatred or Precision
-Hatred: Crit Strike Chance while affected by Hatred gives most DPS
-Precision: Increased Attack Damage/Increased Attack Speed/Crit Strike Multiplier are all solid options

Also I was running an Atziri's Promise in place of the Blood of the Kurai but I swapped them for survivability because Lion's Roar and Taste of Hate give more DPS.

Skill Gems
Spoiler
Main Links

Vaal Ground Slam/Ground Slam - Ruthless - Multistrike - Melee Physical - Hypothermia - Increased AoE

Inc AoE not necessary just helps with clear speed and getting all of the Legion monsters unfrozen.

Swap Inc AoE for Conc Effect for bosses

Movement Skills + Other Links

1. (In Boots/Gloves/Helm) Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic - Fortify

2. (In Boots/Gloves/Helm) Ancestral Protector - Ruthless - Melee Phys - Maim

3. (In Main/Off Hand) Blood Rage - Berserk - Hatred

Berserk is a new buff/gem that was added in 3.7 which makes your Rage drain faster but you get insane amounts of DPS for it. This should only be used for bosses or some Legion encounters.

4. (In Main/Off Hand) Precision - Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call

Precision is helpful for crit chance and getting the 100% accuracy. I chose CWDT Immortal Call as my defensive setup but a Steelskin + increased duration for a manual cast also works well. Vaal Molten Shell could also work I just chose Immortal Call out of preference.

5. Blood and Sand
-Great addition to the game and gives us a massive MORE damage multiplier for area damage. You do lose some AOE but if you run Inc AOE for mapping you shouldn't notice a difference, it is very minuscule.

You can run Hatred/Precision/Blood and Sand all together with Enlighten lvl 2 or 3, if you can't afford one just run Hatred and Precision

In my current set up of gear there are 3-4 open sockets for gems. I would put Vaal Haste in if I had enough room on my hotbar for more skills :(

Passive Tree/Ascendancy/Bandits/PoB
Spoiler

Level 100 with My Gear PoB: https://pastebin.com/N7CuXMK8
-The open Jewel Socket is the Timeless jewel that doesn't get calculated in PoB so I created jewel with the mods:
1. Gain 5% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
2. 5% chance to deal Double Damage
3. +15% to Melee Crit Multiplier
4. +40 to Strength

Ascendancy Options/Order:
1. Crave the Slaughter - getting rage early helps speed up your leveling
2. Flawless Savagery - some nice crit for when you are leveling
3. Rite of Ruin - At this point you should have enough regen to counter act the rage degen at max stacks so this node is crucial for max dps
4. Pain Reaver - leech is nice.

Pain Reaver can also be swapped for Aspect of Carnage if you don't care about dying. I was originally running Aspect of Carnage but with the Abysuss it was too rippy and the Abyssus gives us more dps than Carnage so I opted for a more defensive route with Pain Reaver. I also didn't opt for the Blitz charges since our crit chance isn't very high to begin with to dropping it would only hurt our damage.

Bandits:
Alira - ele res + crit multiplier helps us out.

Leveling
-You can start using ground slam at a very early level so get it 4L with Ruthless, Melee Phys and Added Fire Damage for early leveling
-Go left on the tree first to get the Axe Nodes and then turn toward the bottom of the tree by the Duelist start nodes to get as many early axe nodes as possible. After that you can finish the tree with the upper left hand with the AOE nodes.

Pantheon
Spoiler
Major: Soul of Solaris
- Helps for Bossing
- I highly recommend getting the secondary nodes for this because of how many of the Legion rares seem to have "Powerful Crits"

Minor: Soul of Tukohama
- You are stationary for most parts of boss fights when you are doing dmg and when you land the FAT stun chain with Vaal Ground Slam the additional damage reduction helps along with the secondary node helps for regen.

Videos
Spoiler

IGNORE ME AND MY FRIENDS TALKING ABOUT RANDOM SHIT
3.7 Legion T16 Hydra Kill (~3 Seconds) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fW6CZ4eee0&feature=youtu.be

3.7 Legion Uber Elder Kill (cut short because 3 minute Shadow Play) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjRVncRYHt0&feature=youtu.be

-I did die 2-3 times due to misplays on my part but it is 100% possible to do deathless.

FAQ:

Q: Why is my life so low?

-Try and get life on all of your jewelry and the boots you can get high life since we only need the life and resistances.

Q: Why do I keep dying?

-Abyssus is the most likely candidate. If you feel like you keep dying and are okay with losing some DPS you can always put on a Starkonjas or a Rat's Nest instead of the Abyssus.

Q: I don't have enough Dex/Int pls help

-While leveling you can take one of the +30 to Dex/Int in the passive tree and then look to get a good amulet with a lot of dex/int

Q: My ground slam doesn't feel like it hits all the time?

-When I am making this post, there is a currently still a bug where even with 100% chance to hit ground slam won't hit. If your hit chance is not 100% (less than 95%), try and get some more accuracy on items/jewels

Q: I feel like I don't do any damage, why?

-My axes were 385pDPS and 355pDPS so somewhere over 300 should give you enough damage to comfortably do high red tier maps, looking for adds # to # physical damage to attacks on rings/gloves also helps a lot

Q: I feel like I degen too much HP how fix?

-If you feel like you are degening too much you can always take off blood rage and you should be fine.

That's pretty much everything that I could thing of that pertains to the build but if you have any questions feel free to post a reply or dm me. Also if you have any critiques for my build guide let me know since this is my first one and feedback would be appreciated!
Last edited by Naydoe on Jun 20, 2019, 5:34:28 PM
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2019, 6:35:29 PM
Could i do this as witch? I'm a virgin worber and new to melee
Isn't there a better craft for that ammy? Weapon range doesn't work with GS, right?

Also, wasn't there a limit to how many mobs GS can hit? Could explain why it sometimes misses.

I'm trying something similar but your build has way more damage. Thanks for sharing!
"
pathofmuffin wrote:
Isn't there a better craft for that ammy? Weapon range doesn't work with GS, right?

Also, wasn't there a limit to how many mobs GS can hit? Could explain why it sometimes misses.

I'm trying something similar but your build has way more damage. Thanks for sharing!

Not sure if melee range works with GS, I did it mainly for the Melee dmg because I didnt have a divine for the AOE/Area damage craft which i presume would be better.
Can I use a two hand weapon for this build like Mace or Axe?
"
thinhnham2806 wrote:
Can I use a two hand weapon for this build like Mace or Axe?

Yea I mean you could... you'd probably lose a good bit of attack speed, and you'd have to change the tree around a bit. But probably?
Can i do this scion(slayer/berserker)
cuz i love scion and i know there is scion GS build
but i love crit screen shake :)
and what do u think about starkonja helmet
i think lose some dps but more safe?
(im not that good at this game)
Thank you for the build guide :)
Last edited by Toddls on Jun 28, 2019, 4:54:21 PM
"

Yeah I didn't think about trying the Scion route for this, I do know slayer would work pretty well too so I don't see why not. Starkonjas is a good safe alternative, if you don't mind the DPS drop it is a good alternative. Hope that helps :)
"
Naydoe wrote:
"

Yeah I didn't think about trying the Scion route for this, I do know slayer would work pretty well too so I don't see why not. Starkonjas is a good safe alternative, if you don't mind the DPS drop it is a good alternative. Hope that helps :)

thx for the answer
currently leveling scion go RT and change it to crit later
im running this build since today when i dinged 70. it's sick and fun, but im running out of mana after a few attacks. i have to use thief's torment ring to sustain. i think the uber lab ascendancy will fix that with mana leech. but what to do until then? any ideas except -mana cost craft which i dont really like :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info