3.12 - Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - Frigid Table Thrower

I honestly love the build, I made a few changes here and there but probably my favorite build except for maybe Explosive Arrow back in the day.

Started with a few chaos worth of items and ended up where I am now which is probably as far as I can take it.

Leveling was a breeze aswell sincs you can slap on the treshold around the level where SST becomes available.

Overall the build is probably one of the best choices for the league.
"
KaB03M wrote:
I honestly love the build, I made a few changes here and there but probably my favorite build except for maybe Explosive Arrow back in the day.

Overall the build is probably one of the best choices for the league.

Makes me happy to know the build isn't just fun for me :)
Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - /view-thread/2548646
Hey there and thank you for that guide :)

I'm lvl 95 with it so far and it feels really good.
crafted myself a 3100+ armour shield so the dmg is high enough.
Can't really decide if I wanna use "Fork" or "Pierce Support", both feels kinda good for map clearspeed but i think "Fork" is a little bit faster.
I tested both, "Soul of Steel" and "Phase Acrobatics" and I personaly like "Soul of Steel" more. 76% phys dmg reduction +1 max all res and Taste of Hate just feels much safer.
Guardians, Shaper & Uber Elder are no problem.
Vaal Breach helps a lot at bosses (when its only one boss, like Minotaur, Phoenix or other) I just farm T15 Shaped Bazar Map and there are enough adds arround the two bosses ;)

So overall its a really nice build and a even better written guide!

just one question:
"Point Blank" and "Far Shot" isn't that kinda the opposide of each other?
(or does "point Blank" count for the secondary projectiles aswell? than it would make sence to me)
So i dont really know if I should stay next to the enemy(Point Blank) or far away(Far Shot) to get more dmg out of it.
Idea:
what about "Far Shot" + "Longshot" and always try to stand far away ?
Last edited by Tialda312 on Jul 8, 2019, 10:44:29 AM
"
Tialda312 wrote:
Hey there and thank you for that guide :)

overall its a really nice build and a even better written guide!

just one question:
"Point Blank" and "Far Shot" isn't that kinda the opposide of each other?
(or does "point Blank" count for the secondary projectiles aswell? than it would make sence to me)
So i dont really know if I should stay next to the enemy(Point Blank) or far away(Far Shot) to get more dmg out of it.
Idea:
what about "Far Shot" + "Longshot" and always try to stand far away ?

As for the initial projectiles and point blank/far shot, my understanding is there's a sweet spot for the most increased damage which is about 10 yards, you can play around in POB with the "Distance projectiles traveled" or something like that in config. There's a good visual representation here:

As for the distance the secondary projectiles "travel" in terms of this calculation it's either one of two things, It's still the distance the player is from the projectile or, it's the distance the "shatter" projectile traveled from its source (The source being the enemy hit) I don't know which it is because mechanics are hard to test :)
So for the watchers eye is the cold conversion or the attack damage with precision more important if you can only have 1?

I have enough currency to buy a watchers eye with 1 or the other, but not both (current cheapest with both is like 45ex)

Basically, I have an Uber Elder spawned and I'm willing to just blow the 12ex 340c i have to boost myself as much as possible. Gonna make 1 attempt at Uber elder then I'm done with the league

This is where I stand now at 91

"
DotsandDashes wrote:
So for the watchers eye is the cold conversion or the attack damage with precision more important if you can only have 1?

I have enough currency to buy a watchers eye with 1 or the other, but not both (current cheapest with both is like 45ex)

None of the watcher's eyes mods are "required" or anything, getting a conversion hatred watcher's making you able to swap off hrimsorrow and get life/res gloves with the rest of the conversion, little bit more survivable and have 100% conversion instead of 90%.
The precision mods, most of them are good with exception on multi.
It's just for more damage that's all.
Last edited by Pimmalage on Jul 10, 2019, 10:00:44 AM
Just swapped over from an Ice Shot build, and I must say, I'm loving it so far. Also Shield Charge just feels so smooth of a mobility skill to use. Does take a bit of getting used to with aiming the shields at enemies to connect them.

Also, does spectral shield count as minions since you've specced some skill points into minion nodes on the skill tree. Thanks!
"
Just swapped over from an Ice Shot build, and I must say, I'm loving it so far. Also Shield Charge just feels so smooth of a mobility skill to use. Does take a bit of getting used to with aiming the shields at enemies to connect them.

Also, does spectral shield count as minions since you've specced some skill points into minion nodes on the skill tree. Thanks!

I don't believe i've specced into minion nodes at all, Might be a misclick when you're viewing the tree. I would also suggest using POB to import the skilltrees since they're a little bugged on the site (Also while leveling you missed a mana/life leech node you should get that)
"
Pimmalage wrote:
"

I don't believe i've specced into minion nodes at all, Might be a misclick when you're viewing the tree. I would also suggest using POB to import the skilltrees since they're a little bugged on the site (Also while leveling you missed a mana/life leech node you should get that)

Ah, it's my bad. It's only the node called Retribution that has Minion damage on it. In terms of mana, I don't have any issues since I'm running double Praxis rings, but would you still recommend I pick up the leech nodes for the life leech?
And one last question, would fork support be better than pierce for clear?
How important is the - total mana on the chest v the maim? Like is just the maim sufficient or is both truly necessary

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info